PDA

View Full Version : Pin shoot fees???

Done Deal
07-01-2006, 09:08 AM
A group of guys recently started a monthly pin shoot at a local range.

Cost for participation is five bucks for two tables.

That seems kinda high dollar to me....what are costs elsewhere that you have heard of?

My son came back and said that he just couldn't afford to shoot much, he would do it at home instead. It would seem to me to make more sense to make it more affordable. Whaddaya think?

appliancebrad
07-01-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't shoot pins but that doesn't seem bad. Our club gets $3 per run at our 3 gun shoots. You shoot 5 rounds pistol, 10 rifle and 5 shotgun for that. A round of trap is $3 as well.

Done Deal
07-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok, but you are shooting more...

5 bucks for two tables means less than 15 seconds of fun combined.

1 table is 5 pins and you are supposed to be trying to clear the table in a hurry.

That means fifty cents a pin which really seems a bit high to me....I dunno I guess...been awhile since I paid to shoot anywhere having a range at home.

LivoniaDan
07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Ok, but you are shooting more...

5 bucks for two tables means less than 15 seconds of fun combined.

1 table is 5 pins and you are supposed to be trying to clear the table in a hurry.

That means fifty cents a pin which really seems a bit high to me....I dunno I guess...been awhile since I paid to shoot anywhere having a range at home.
Just shoot slow and miss alot :smile:....like me.....

Kimber45
07-01-2006, 12:47 PM
I've paid $10 for a three table run but a percentage of the pot went back to the winner in each division. If I recall I got $9 back when I won but others have won more based on the number of participents.

Look at it this way. A day of shooting IPSC can take several hours, cost $20 and you're only shooting for maybe a minute or a minute and a half.

Roger Roney
07-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Most organized pin shoots consist of six tables for around $15, and take about 15 minutes to shoot.

Depending on who is running it, some will immediately return a percentage in prize money, some clubs put the money toward a banquet & prize table at the end of the season, and at least one private range I know of keeps all the money and winners get to shoot the next match (only) free.

Roger

Done Deal
07-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Ok, ok...but my son and his friends were newbies and really couldn't afford to particpate like most of the older guys. At least my son was knocking pins down...he watched guys repeatedly burn hi capacity mags up and all the pins were still standing.:roll:

Seems to me, those guys oughtta do a little practicing eh?

zcolt45
07-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Seems to me, those guys oughtta do a little practicing eh?

Aligning the sights (on top of the firearm) with the target can do wonders.

:lolup:

Done Deal
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Well, my son built a table and was out back this evening. .22's and 45's were the guns tonight, best time was a 4.7 by his friend. I couldn't do better than an 8 with the Single Six...always needed all six for some dang reason...first shot sight alignment was the problem indeed. The XD 45 was great though....wow.

alex-vitek
07-18-2006, 08:09 PM
I couldn't do better than an 8 with the Single Six...always needed all six for some dang reason...
Practice, practice and practice some more. I have done 6 second tables with a Single Action 44 Mag and it was required that the pin leave the table.

After looking at prices across the country it does seem like $15 for a 6 table run is the standard. For that you should get some sort of score keeping and hopefully record keeping (meaning that they could pull up your score a year from now).

What you are also getting is an opportunity to practice your skills in a competition situation. It really is a different feeling than just standing at the bench at a range trying to hit a paper target.

moosefisher
04-28-2008, 04:31 PM
If anyone has a place to shoot pins, I know where you can buy two tier pin tables and cases of pins. I know a guy that got two girls at a campground to expose themselves for two cases of pins. What a deal he got. And they were married girls too. LOL What girls would do to have the biggest fire in the campground. Oh, What a weekend!!!
Good Shooting, Dave

dougwg
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
1 "round" = 6 tables (5 pins each)= $15

Every round of pins after that is $10

No cash payout but if you win your class you get your first round free the next week.

My best time with my open class .22 pistol is 2.23sec :fa:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BKqZfLn4zXU

Garbo
04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
that does seem high,,, Oak lanes by my house here is $3 per game and they have a neat lil machine that gives you 10 more each time you reload. Thats at least 100 pins. Oh yeah and shoe rental is $1.75 :naughty: