PDA

View Full Version : SIG Tactical Aid Course- February 24, 25, 26th-Pinckney

KeithD
11-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Class: Sig Tactical Aid Course (S.T.A.C)

Date: February 24, 25, 26th, 2012

Time: 0830-1700hrs

8888 Dexter Town-Hall Rd.
Pinckney, Mi. 48169

Tuition: $500 for all three days plus a 60 dollar range fee that covers all three days

Instructor: Kerry Davis ( Sig Sauer Academy)

Kerry Davis, formerly of Magpul Dynamics, Is now heading up Sig Sauer Academies Medical Division. We are bringing Kerry in for a 3 day live fire Medical class in February. This is a can't miss class. The important thing to realize is this training goes way beyond the firearms world. We are more likely to use medical training in out every day lives than using our weapons.

This class should have no problem hitting the minimum required student amount and should fill fast.

Here is the course description and a link to our new course at SIG Sauer Academy. Let me know if y'all have any questions.
Bullets and bandages

Duration: 3 days / 24 hours

Overview

* Mind and body reactions to environmental stress
* Maintaining the Combat Mindset
* Basic anatomy and physiology of life-sustaining systems
* HABCs – Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
* Individual Med Kits (IMK): what you need and how to use it
* Basic first aid and advanced wound care, including use of tourniquets
* Recognition and treatment of injuries
* Response to an active shooter situation
* Proper use of cover vs. concealment
* Recovery of a casualty during active shooter situations
* Emergency medical dialect and lingo

Notes
Estimated round count: 200 carbine and 200 pistol MINIMUM.

Equipment List:

* Notepad with pen/pencil/Sharpie
* Clothing suited to strenuous activity and seasonally appropriate
* Footwear suited for rapid movement and turning
* Earmuffs (electronic preferred)
* Wraparound eye wear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
* Hat with brim
* Primary weapon sling, single point or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and non-dominant side weapon manipulations
* A rig that can carry a minimum of four primary magazines on your person
* Functioning secondary weapons system and three working magazines
* A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
* Weapon tools and lube
* Hydration system
* Sunscreen and bug spray
* Optics with necessary adjustment tools and spare batteries
* Gloves, and knee and elbow pads (optional)
* An open mind

This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. No prior first aid training is required.
Will you know how to react after gunfire? In critical injury situations, most don’t know what they don’t know until it’s too late. This 3-day course focuses on basic, lifesaving emergency medical skills blended with weapons manipulation in live-fire, high risk scenarios. Students are expected to utilize their equipment and knowledge while under stress to “save” critically injured team members in real-life scenarios. This course is suitable for armed professionals and responsible citizens.

http://www.sigsaueracademy.com/Courses/ShowCourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=211

Registration should be up on Sigs website within the next few days.

dougwg
11-01-2011, 07:09 PM
grrrrrrrr

2012 SHOT Show

January 17-20
Sands Expo & Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV

Joeywhat
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
grrrrrrrr

2012 SHOT Show

January 17-20
Las Vegas, NV

Which is a month before this.....

RSF
11-01-2011, 07:15 PM
there is also a club fee of $20 per day for this class guys

forrest0872
11-01-2011, 07:18 PM
IN

KeithD
11-01-2011, 07:22 PM
grrrrrrrr

2012 SHOT Show

January 17-20
Las Vegas, NV

FAIL.

dougwg
11-02-2011, 07:47 AM
FAIL.
Very happy to have failed so badly on this one.

I think I'm "in".

KeithD
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Date change due to unforeseen conflict.

KeithD
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Registration is up! Follow link in OP

tcb
11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Please forgive me for the question but what if you don't have a carbine?

KeithD
11-15-2011, 01:28 PM
No problems, yes you can go through the shooting portion pistol only.

badmax18
11-17-2011, 10:24 PM
This sounds bad ass. Really wanna attend but gotta check on a coupke things first before commiting.

KeithD
11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
It going to be one of those classes where you look back and say, " why the hell have i not taken this before." great knowlege to have for all aspects of our lives but especially before the start of the 2012 training/shooting season.

Felloffthejetway
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Sounds like a valid to go to Vegas to me!!! That is right by the Wynn too and I hear Garth Brooks is coming there too, but I think that is in Dec tho..

kensho
12-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Dang wish I had this cash this is exactly the next course I want to take- plus it's so damn close

KeithD
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
scrape it together...sell a kid... what ever it takes ;)

forrest0872
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Dang wish I had this cash this is exactly the next course I want to take- plus it's so damn close

Make it happen!!!!

KeithD
12-06-2011, 04:57 AM
this class should be filled 20 times over with as many firearms trainers we have in Michigan. How many instructors (not all) are out there insructing students on the range with no, or very minimal, medical training. you owe it to your students and yourself to have this knowledge on hand just in case.

just sayin ;)

kensho
12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I know I know -

KeithD
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
We need to get some people signing up if we are going to make this happen. This is need to know information from a great instructor. Hope to see you there!

RSF
12-15-2011, 06:10 PM
to many playing dress up instead of getting real training they need, this is why Michigan has one of the worst reputations in the shoot industry as states to avoid no one commits

KeithD
12-15-2011, 06:35 PM
i understand it though... no money after buying that soft armor for the zombie apocalypse...

like I said before with as many "firearms trainers" we have in michigan that alone should fill it.

we'll see how it goes...

RSF
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
i understand it though... no money after buying that soft armor for the zombie apocalypse...

like I said before with as many "firearms trainers" we have in michigan that alone should fill it.

we'll see how it goes...

don't forget the helmets

KeithD
12-15-2011, 06:41 PM
don't forget the helmets

duh... how could i forget about the helmets! I guess if all else fails do what Tex did and just call your mom...

RSF
the medical aar from portland

I’m going to preface this AAR by admitting truth in the statement of “You don’t know what you don’t know.” For the vast majority of us who take training regularly, and very seriously, that when push comes to shove we admit we don’t have the knowledge to help plug the holes we’re training to make.

Back at SHOT SHOW ’10 I had the chance to meet Kerry Davis, and we hit it off talking about what his area of expertise was, and how it counter-pointed the weapons manipulation side of the Magpul Dynamics training. About a year’s worth of back and forth we decided to finally get a Shooters Aid 2 course schedule for here in Portland, Oregon. From the start this was a tough class to fill. I have to think this is more a reflection on what shooters’ think is most useful to them, and how wrong they are in their own little world. I’ll admit it; medical training isn’t something I initially wanted to do. But originally handgun training wasn’t something I wanted to spend my time doing either. However I know understand it as a critical bridge between being a good human being, and a good shooter. For many of us the most we’ll ever face is a car crash, or an accident at the range. But in that infinitesimally small fraction of our lives where we’re faced with being able to save a life do we panic, or do we have the information needed to make a difference, and save a life, especially our own.

Day 1

Kerry Davis would be our instructor for the first 2 days, then releasing primary control to Steve Fisher for the live fire component on day 3. Kerry made it abundantly clear this wouldn’t be ‘Death by Powerpoint.’ And I can confirm that wasn’t the case, with Kerry doing a fantastic job of distilling the information down to those of us with little to no pre-existing medical knowledge. The class was about a 50/50 split between civilians, and LEOs ranging from law enforcement to border protection.

From my background I had taken a BASIC first responder course in high school, then again in college, and coming from an art background I had human anatomy drilled into my study schedule for a whole year straight, so I at least knew that the knee bone was connected to the something something something or other…

This was a shotgun blast of information, and I’d say 99 percent of it stuck. That’s a testament to Kerry being an engaging speaker, and this being a dialogue with the students rather than just a lecture. This was supplemented with a manual so that students could take the contents of the first two days home to re-read after the class. The essential structure of the class broke down to diagnostics, and then application. Kerry broke down topics into easy to understand categories, how to identify the problem, and how we could do everything in our power to solve that problem.

This came down to the HABC’s. This involved Hemorage, Airway, Breathing, and Circulation. Throughout this process Kerry used teaching aids of videos, many of which served to illustrate how quickly things go bad, and how little time you have to make a difference. These were not shown for the desire to gross anyone out, they were there to remind you that time is life.

It should also be noted that Kerry applies his southern humor to most of the lectures, which included such gems of “Nervous as a cat crapping razor blades.” This approachability is something that in my experience has benefited all good instructors. We’re dealing with some fairly nasty stuff, and to compartmentalize that information, and mindset requires a fairly dark sense of humor. It’s also required to engage students into taking in all the information presented per day.

The biggest part of this class was the demystification of the tools of the trade, ranging from hemostatic agents, nasal airways, and tourniquets. By understanding how to diagnose a problem, and then decide what solution was appropriate we knew what we did or rather did NOT need in our kits. I’d say this was a major benefit to myself as a shooter, as I was faced with a rather large bout of paralysis by analysis just in picking out an IFAK to use as the basis for this class. By the end of the class I was taking away parts, or replacing parts entirely.

A huge component of this class was also the realization this wouldn’t be wall-to-wall gunshot treatment. In fact a large portion was the discussion of broken bones, bites, cuts, burns, heat stroke, and hypothermia. These were injuries that we all experience in our lifetime, and for many of us shootings would occupy the tiniest fraction of possibility in our lifetimes.

Once again food was provided to students, and I think we must have lucked out because it was mostly chunks of meat or lasagna throughout the class, which I guess WAS a tad morbid in retrospect. Just like our previous classes this provided a way to let people decompress, sit back, and talk with Kerry, and each other.

I should note that one of the most important videos Kerry showed was one found by Steve Fisher, which involved a man at a Pakistani check-point being shot in the leg at point blank with a 7.62 round. The man attempts to remain standing before crumpling over, passing out, and dying within only a minute. This wasn’t shown for shock value, this was shown to illustrate how quickly we had to apply a TQ or our chances dropped off exponentially. Audible gasps were heard in class, and this really drove home how deadly serious the business at hand was going to be.

By the end of that day we all left the range a little fried. It was a lot of information to process. It should also be noted that while making a dinner run with Kerry and Steve, we decided to grab some chunks of meat for a few ballistic demos required for the following day. After a few hours of drinks back at the hotel I headed home, noticing that it was odd my window was rolled down, why would I roll it down when it was raining that evening. Oh wait, that’s why, broken glass! Thus I ended TD1 with someone breaking into my car and making off with about 3500 dollars in Canon lenses. Not fun.

Day 2

After making an early morning trip to vacuum out broken glass from my car, all rallied up back at the clubhouse. Day 2 would finish up much of the lectures, and take us from theory into hands on demonstrations. This included applying TQs, splints, and even proper use of gloves.

As mentioned earlier we had procured 4 chunks of meat. And during our lunch break Kerry and I headed down to one of the bays. We used a standard M193 55gr 5.56 round at about 1 yd, a 230gr Federal HST .45acp, a .40 frangible round, and then a big nasty 12ga Federal Flight Control round. Each would serve as a visual example of the wound cavities produced by such rounds, but would allow for hands-on experience with how to pack a wound, and frankly showing how much gauss could be required. For the 5.56 round it required almost 12+ feet of gauss to pack properly.

We practiced tourniquet application on ourselves, and our classmates, using the most popular TQs such as the CATs, SOF-Ts, and SWAT-T. We also practiced the installation of nasal airways, and splints. Kerry also showed just how far QUICKCLOT products have improved by showing us the older compound on one of the pieces of meat. It was not done to disparage the old version, as I’d rather be burned then bleed to death, but rather the importance of having the latest version in our kits. After this Kerry went around the room and we did a round robin discussion of our biggest take-aways as students. As I said before you don’t know what you don’t know. This was the most echoed statement by all the students. For those who carry a gun for a living this added one more tool of survival for them on a daily basis, for those of us who practice outdoor activities this gave us a baseline for what we should have with us, and how to respond. For everyone this was a starting off point in our toolkit to think through a problem rather then get vapor-locked and being unable to help ourselves.
Since much of this class would require one-handed manipulation we worked one handed shooting, reloads, and malfunctions. Once comfortable with this we began fighting to cover with a handgun, applying our TQs, and returning fire. We then introduced our buddies, which involved one of the pair simulating taking a round. The partner would neutralize the threat, buddy drag us around to cover, apply our TQ, and re-engage the threat. We finished up the handgun practice with shooting supine, then applying TQ’s to our legs.

At this point I should point out that neither my partner nor I are spider monkeys, and as such this was a huge wakeup call to how hard it can be to move another human being when they’re laying their like a dead weight. We both were also running setups with no drag handle. Bryan, my partner for the drills, was wearing a Blackhawk vest, and myself wearing a Blue Force Gear LMAC with 10lbs of LVL 4 plates. I also quickly learned in soft ground that the grip of my 1911 acted like a giant tiller in the dirt, as I left a trough right through the dirt for about 15 feet. Awesome.

After lunch we grabbed our Carbines, and preceded to ensure we all had zeroes on them. As usual the question is raised, “Who here has a 100 percent solid zero on their carbine and doesn’t need to verify?” Hands go up. “Okay who would stake their life on it.” About half the hands go down. Zeroing is always the slowdown in class, as usually people either don’t have ‘em, or just have trouble doing so.

With that taken care of we essentially replicated the same drills using our carbines and handguns, transitioning when necessary. We also worked a lot of our carbine manipulation one-handed, something that was a gear shakedown for many. Folks with heavy guns instantly realized how tough it became to sling your rifle, apply a TQ with one arm, and then get the gun back in the fight with only one good arm.

Little tricks we picked up were bracing the rifle off hard-points such as sling mounts, lights, and even using the cover to brace the rifle between it and our plates. This locked the gun in one spot, and allowed us to draw a magazine, power stroke the charging handle, and re-engage the threat. We then regrouped with our buddies, and started working buddy drags, which required a huge amount of situational awareness to accomplish. Specifically engaging the threat, assessing the situation, slinging the rifle in a way we didn’t sweep ourselves, or our downed partner. Then dragging them to cover while keeping control of our rifle, applying the TQ, and re-engaging the threat.

All of these drills were timed, with an emphasis on getting our TQs applied within 15-20 seconds.

ColonelKurtz
to many playing dress up instead of getting real training...no one commits
students or instructors? I've seen plenty of both that seemed less than inspiring :shrugs:

RSF
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
second aar

Shooter AID AAR, Portland, OR 10/01/11-10/03/11
I have been meaning to write something about this class for nearly two months now, but have not done so simply because I did not think I would be able to do it justice.

This three-day course was the culmination of a 12-day shooting package I put myself through, beginning with Handgun 1 and Handgun 2/Shotgun in San Jose, CA at the end of September. I registered for those courses when they were announced last November, but did not even see this course until Isaac posted about this course’s availability. I can’t tell you how pleased I am for enrolling in this course.

I have been a police officer for 7 and a half years, serving for Sacramento PD (briefly), and currently Stockton (CA) PD. Shooting, in regards to both marksmanship and combat, is very important in my agency (as it should be for all, but we know it isn’t for many). I have carried a trauma kit in my gear bag for years, but have never been trained in its use. In fact, my Department has even gone so far as to issue trauma kits to our sworn personnel, but not one has ever been trained in the use of its contents (which are substandard simply because the kits are lacking several key pieces of equipment).

Prior to attending the class, I contacted one of the SWAT medics to talk about the essentials for a trauma kit. Now, when I say essentials, I mean simply that, the essentials. I don’t want all of the bells and whistles or frilly ****. I want the bare bone essentials, simply because my particular mission drives my gear selection, as it should for every single person. My mission, simply put, is to provide first line medical care to a downed officer during the short window of time that I have between my contact with them, and their delivery to paramedics. Be it in a downed officer scenario where a rescue is being performed, and aid is rendered from behind cover or while removing the officer from the hot area to paramedics (who stage away from the gunfight so as not to become casualties themselves); or rendering aid to myself or a partner while awaiting the arrival of paramedics, I only need what is absolutely necessary.

In talking with the medic, I was given several pieces of kit, which totaled to a net cost (since they were purchased in bulk, of course) of just over $10.00, or so. The items provided included two Asherman chest seals, a Nasopharyngeal airway, tape (for the chest seals), and two rolls of Kerlix gauze for a pressure dressing. The only piece of kit missing was a tourniquet.

I drove to Portland the day before class started and couldn’t wait. Isaac and crew host a fantastic course. Saturday morning came, and Steve and Kerry arrived to begin instruction, which was to include two days of classroom lecture, discussion, and hands on practical exercises (packing a wound with gauze, application of a tourniquet and pressure dressings, insertion of NPA’s, etc.), followed by a third and final day of live fire exercises with both handgun and rifle, while rescuing a downed partner and applying tourniquets to the extremities.

The classroom instruction was phenomenal. A lesson I learned long ago, and remind myself of frequently as an instructor, is that there are instructors, and there are teachers. Kerry is the latter, as he is incredibly adept at not only lecturing on the course material, but conveying an understanding of the “How’s?” and “Why’s” behind the techniques presented. On the third day, the live fire portion was brief, but entirely adequate. As was repeatedly stated by both Steve and Kerry, the purpose of this course is not to teach you how to shoot, but to provide a supplemental skill set, an additional dimension, to the shooter. As many know, it is one thing to shoot at a target. It is another to engage a target in a “combative” manner. It is yet another to engage a target, neutralize said target with extreme prejudice and efficiency, and then rapidly conduct a tactical reload, move to cover, and provide self aid (or better yet, do so and move a downed PARTNER to cover and render aid!). This shooting portion was NO show and ALL go, which is exactly as it should be. No frills, no ********, just the bare bones essentials.

By now, if you are still reading, I hope you realize this AAR is about the course, the reasoning as to why I chose to attend (which I hope will prompt you to seek similar training, as well), and the excellent TEACHERS who were there for us. Keeping this in mind, I am going to provide a personal touch to this AAR, which I hope will do nothing more than reinforce what I have already stated.

I have only been an officer for 7 and a half years. In that time, I have worked for two incredibly busy Departments, especially in my current position in Stockton, CA. I have worked patrol, which I absolutely love, and prefer, over other positions.

This course ended Monday, October 3. Tuesday, October 4 was my travel day, and I was back to work Wednesday, October 5, at 1700 hrs. I made it through that first night back without needing to use any of the skills taught by Kerry (NOTE: keep in mind that I have been trained in “First Aid”, which is mandated by the State of California and consists of a four hour block of instruction in CPR and the Heimlich maneuver every TWO years, but nothing more. Also, please remember that I am strictly a cop, not an EMT or paramedic, and as such am only really able to justify the use of any of these MOST BASIC skills on a downed officer in a time is life situation, and only until I can deliver them to the capable hands of the waiting paramedics).

Six hours into my second shift, I was the first officer on scene of what turned out to be a homicide. I broke open the passenger of the victim’s vehicle, which had crashed into a building, and removed him so I could conduct an evaluation. I felt no pulse at the carotid or radial arteries, the victim was not breathing, and was unresponsive. I cut victim’s clothing away and located a single gunshot wound underneath their left armpit, yet no exit wound. There was no external bleeding, so I presumed (and rightly so, unfortunately) that the victim was bleeding entirely into their body cavity. The only thing I could do was perform CPR.

There was nothing I could do. Medics arrived a short time later and continued CPR, but there was no saving the victim. After speaking with medical personnel, I learned that the victim would have only had a marginally better chance of survival if they would have fallen onto an operating room table after being shot.

Since that night, I have arrived at approximately ten or more shooting or stabbing scenes and conducted a brief medical evaluation. This is not out of the ordinary at all. In fact, I have done so for years, I just didn’t know exactly what to look for, what to do. Essentially, prior to the training provided by Kerry, I was doing “math work” with a calculator, without understanding the reasoning behind the equation. I was cheating, myself and my partners. I was lucky, because I got away with it.

I suppose I write this tonight because I feel as though I finally have the perspective for which I was seeking. I write this after going to yet another shooting (four shooting victims in three separate incidents in town on Thanksgiving; unbelievable) and conducting an evaluation. The victim was shot once to the right side of his torso, near his floating rib. There was nothing I could do, so I attempted to take a statement and then briefed medics when they arrived. The victim was transported to a nearby hospital and is currently undergoing surgery and is in stable condition. I spoke with the paramedics and asked if there was anything I could have done differently. I was told, “No, you did all you could have done, and it was a huge help to us.”

While at the hospital, one of my partners, who epitomizes what it is to be a REAL MAN, asked why I continually try to save people’s lives when it is the paramedic’s job to do so. My answer was short and simply put. Besides being the right thing to do (even though I can’t do anything, because it is the job of paramedics to do so), each time I conduct an evaluation, each time I examine an injury and analyze a victim’s body, each time I debrief with the involved paramedics, I am PRACTICING to save the life of a downed officer, whether it be me or someone else.

This course, obviously, is a sample size of one, for I have not attended any others. There were approximately 25 students in attendance, with a total of five of us who were in law enforcement. 80% of the class was comprised of civilians, and I commend them for attending, as it is a testament to their dedication to be responsible civilians.

As professionals, whether law enforcement, military, or armed civilian, those of us who take the responsibility to stand up and defend those who choose not to defend themselves, it is imperative that we develop the proper warrior mindset. We take training classes at incredible personal expense. We seek information from those who are recognized experts in their fields. We keep an open mind when it comes to learning new things. We keep our egos in check and realize that we are never the biggest, baddest, best shooters/tacticians in existence. We prepare for the fight, both physically and mentally, before the fight ever comes knocking on our door. We attempt to prevent any use of force at all times, and only use force as a last resort. These are the traits of a warrior, of a protector. These are the traits that separate us as warriors from those who choose to prey upon those we have sworn an oath to protect.

We find it difficult to train to our weaknesses. How many of you take the time to go to the range each week? If you do, that is great. How many of you take the time to identify the areas you want to work upon, write up a lesson plan, and then use that lesson plan to drive your training? How many of you identify multiple areas for improvement and use those areas as building blocks, one on top of the other, to create a comprehensive training plan? How many of you utilize a large portion of time for dry fire practice, or dry manipulation practice (i.e. magazine changes, malfunction clearances, etc, using unloaded weapons and magazines?). How many of you go back to basics and incorporate bullseye shooting into your training regimen? Yes, I know bullseye shooting (practically speaking, with a service weapon, not a special gun) is very difficult, very time intensive, and can take months, even years to master. But remember, bullseye shooting in a practical sense is what will show your strengths and reveal your weaknesses.

Simply put, how many of you take the time to incorporate all of these aspects into your own personal training? It is very difficult to do so. Why? Well, my guess is because it isn’t any fun at all. I ask these questions frequently when I am approached by a very small number of officers in my department who are willing to admit their weaknesses.

Tactical first aid, the ability to understand how and when to apply medical tools to a fallen partner, are just as important as your ability to understand how and when to apply the other tools in your car, on your gear belt. You owe it to yourself, your partners, your family, your community, to seek out qualified training that will better enable you to foster the proper combative mindset.

My thanks go to Isaac for coordinating and hosting this course; to Steve Fisher for his excellent TEACHING of the true art form that is competent weapon’s manipulation and implementation; and to Kerry Davis for building a bridge for me between the weapon’s side of the house, and the life saving side of the house.

Alan

KeithD
12-15-2011, 06:48 PM
students or instructors? I've seen plenty of both that seemed less than inspiring :shrugs:

both. there are a lot of instructors and students alike that just want the "cool factor"

Put it this way. the southnarc class is pretty much filled. and thats good. magpul, rogers, vickers, all of them fill. but how likely are we to get in a gun fight? especially with our Carbines? very very very low.

The information in this class is infinitely more likely to be used, on the range and in the real world... car accidents, shootings, kid runs through a plate glass window, crazy ex stabs you... there are a million things that you are likely to use this for... and crickets.

Joeywhat
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Trying to scrape some money together...being self employed sucks a bit.

KeithD
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Trying to scrape some money together...being self employed sucks a bit.

if you started bootleggin that booze you make you'd be LOADED! haha

im emailing SIG tonight to see when the absolute deadline to register is. the sad part is we dont even need THAT many people to make this happen.

RSF
12-15-2011, 07:11 PM

depends who you have trained with mind sharing.....

ColonelKurtz
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
mind sharing.....
not really... sent you a PM

KeithD
12-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Joey from Diversified Firearms Concepts is offering a 10% discount for anyone that enrolls in this class!

Thanks for the support Joey!

dougwg
12-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Joey from Diversified Firearms Concepts is offering a 10% discount for anyone that enrolls in this class!

Thanks for the support Joey!
I'll do the same.

KeithD
12-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I'll do the same.

Awesome doug!

ColonelKurtz
12-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Keith, thanks form the info, just singed up, really looking forward to it...

KeithD
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
good on you man! see you there.

dirtwheeler90
12-18-2011, 10:09 AM
good on you man! see you there.
when is the drop dead date keith?

KeithD
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
when is the drop dead date keith?

Should have an answer to that on monday or tuesday.

KeithD
01-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Still havnt got a DOA date yet. but we only need a few more to make this thing happen. If your waiting "to see if its a go" dont. sign up and makes sure it does.

kensho
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I am in! Keith sent you an email with my phone to discuss details.

ColonelKurtz
01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
we only need a few more to make this thing happen. If your waiting "to see if its a go" dont. sign up and makes sure it does.
I sure hope we're not so pathetic up here in Michigan that we can't enough people signed up to make this a go.

Got a question that I'll ask here for people that may be wondering the same thing (I didn't see anything in the itinerary)... are we going to be shooting on just the third day (I'm just assuming it'll be the third day)? Might be a bit chilly at the end of February and don't see a point in bringing all the guns and gear and cold weather clothing every day if we're only shooting on the last. thx

dougwg
01-02-2012, 01:00 PM
3rd day in live fire

KeithD
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I sure hope we're not so pathetic up here in Michigan that we can't enough people signed up to make this a go.

Got a question that I'll ask here for people that may be wondering the same thing (I didn't see anything in the itinerary)... are we going to be shooting on just the third day (I'm just assuming it'll be the third day)? Might be a bit chilly at the end of February and don't see a point in bringing all the guns and gear and cold weather clothing every day if we're only shooting on the last. thx

Thats why the big named trainers dont like Michigan. a lot of "i'll sign up" and never do's

Yes live fire is Just day three.

KENSHO: I'll call you on my days of either Tuesday or Wednesday.

KeithD
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
We are two away from having the minimum required. Deadline to sign up is February 10th.

kensho
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Come on ass monkeys! I am missing my 6 y/o daughter's birthday on the Saturday to be there. What's your excuse?

durwood
01-11-2012, 12:03 AM

Joeywhat
01-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Don't like being a sucker and making others rich. Lots of these classes are just that.

No wonder all the good trainers hate Michigan...

RSF
01-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Don't like being a sucker and making others rich. Lots of these classes are just that.

your experience is what to come to a informed idea like that and to think you get rich is ******** by the way

I gather you feel the same about shooting classes as well

I ll give you an open invite for a free class this year with MDFI for handgun class say a handgun 1 and if its no challenge ill toss in the next days handgun 2 class for free

to date Not one person has ever taken that offer when its been given on this or other boards....

RSF
01-11-2012, 12:15 AM
No wonder all the good trainers hate Michigan...

pretty much why they dont come here unless there is a students base all set

durwood
01-11-2012, 12:53 AM

KeithD
01-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Lots of so called experts abound-its old news. I'm an expert, give me money-its the American way. The facts as I know them: Shooting at stationary targets is not practice as long as you can hit them. Severe stress greatly impacts shooting accuracy. This is a tough one to prepare for and what happens at the range is not at all realistic in real life.

I'm absolutely no commando and wish to improve. AFAIK, your classes are in eastern MI, I love instruction, input is a great awesome thing...as long as its correct. I'm better with pistols than rifle and...I don't know why. I can naturally aim with pistol-point shoot without sights but with rifle I might suck. I hit better with a Bushnell Trophy reddot at 200 yards than a 10x scope and I have no explanation. Yet, I might, my Delton upper has excessive bounce, a swat member verified this, so it might be equipment. Still not making sense...

Give me handgun two and I might break the quo.

First of all, if live saving medical information is not for you... then just stay out of the post. its very simple.

Im glad that you came to the conclusion that this class is a waste of money.

Id be very curious to know wheat medical training you've had and from where. Also where you took Kerry's class so you can makes such an informed decision on how its such a rip off. Im sure Kerry would like to know how he could improve his class curriculum based on students that have a high level of combat and ER medical experience like yourself. We as instructors always like student feed back.

And just to reaffirm your knowledge base of "instructors as you know them"

Who have you trained with and what classes have you taken? If you want to improve I would suggest you take Steve up on his offer. I hear MDFI is a great place to train.

oh and its deff not you the gun deff has to much bounce. Did the swat officer check to see if a dryer sheet is stuck in the mag well?

ColonelKurtz
01-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Did the swat officer check to see if a dryer sheet is stuck in the mag well?
:lol: :popcorn:

TRoebs00
01-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Guys in MI would rather have TAD jackets than training. Med training isn't glamorous enough, mostly cause SOF Tqs don't come in multicam.

I'd be there in a heartbeat but Feb bar exam is that week. Young guys like me gotta take the tests to get multiple licenses.

KeithD
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Guys in MI would rather have TAD jackets than training. Med training isn't glamorous enough, mostly cause SOF Tqs don't come in multicam.

I'd be there in a heartbeat but Feb bar exam is that week. Young guys like me gotta take the tests to get multiple licenses.

Theres a lot of truth to that. Good luck on your testing brother.

RSF
01-11-2012, 01:12 PM

Hey I have TAD and crye and arcterx

KeithD
01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
all in pink and bedazzled...

RSF
01-11-2012, 04:52 PM
all in pink and bedazzled...

No blinged

KeithD
01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
No blinged

winning

TRoebs00
01-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Hey I have TAD and crye and arcterx

You're one of those Chris Costa fanboys too.

RSF
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
You're one of those Chris Costa fanboys too.

NO, I just got free **** cause it was in my size

Frankie 2 Times
01-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Don't get the Morilla riled or he'll reach through the monitor rearrange your existence. Just ask Jane Goodall. Ha ha.

TRoebs00
01-11-2012, 10:01 PM
NO, I just got free **** cause it was in my size

Shenanigans, nobody stocks triple-yeti

Don't get the Morilla riled or he'll reach through the monitor rearrange your existence. Just ask Jane Goodall. Ha ha.

It's ok, I'm a Morilla fanboy.

TRoebs00
01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Looks like Costa has an action figure now. If you want to one up him, you can borrow my Fisher blow-up doll....

RSF
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Looks like Costa has an action figure now. If you want to one up him, you can borrow my Fisher blow-up doll....

Dont even start.

wJAKE19
01-12-2012, 12:12 PM
your experience is what to come to a informed idea like that and to think you get rich is ******** by the way

I ll give you an open invite for a free class this year with MDFI for handgun class say a handgun 1 and if its no challenge ill toss in the next days handgun 2 class for free

to date Not one person has ever taken that offer when its been given on this or other boards....

Steve,
For being a big Jerk, your a nice guy. good job dude!

RSF
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Miss you Jake.....

rjrivero
01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Class: Sig Tactical Aid Course (S.T.A.C)

Date: February 24, 25, 26th, 2012

Time: 0830-1700hrs

8888 Dexter Town-Hall Rd.
Pinckney, Mi. 48169

Tuition: $500 for all three days plus a 60 dollar range fee that covers all three days

Instructor: Kerry Davis ( Sig Sauer Academy)

Kerry Davis, formerly of Magpul Dynamics, Is now heading up Sig Sauer Academies Medical Division. We are bringing Kerry in for a 3 day live fire Medical class in February. This is a can't miss class. The important thing to realize is this training goes way beyond the firearms world. We are more likely to use medical training in out every day lives than using our weapons.

This class should have no problem hitting the minimum required student amount and should fill fast.

Here is the course description and a link to our new course at SIG Sauer Academy. Let me know if y'all have any questions.
Bullets and bandages

Duration: 3 days / 24 hours

Overview

* Mind and body reactions to environmental stress
* Maintaining the Combat Mindset
* Basic anatomy and physiology of life-sustaining systems
* HABCs – Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
* Individual Med Kits (IMK): what you need and how to use it
* Basic first aid and advanced wound care, including use of tourniquets
* Recognition and treatment of injuries
* Response to an active shooter situation
* Proper use of cover vs. concealment
* Recovery of a casualty during active shooter situations
* Emergency medical dialect and lingo

Notes
Estimated round count: 200 carbine and 200 pistol MINIMUM.

Equipment List:

* Notepad with pen/pencil/Sharpie
* Clothing suited to strenuous activity and seasonally appropriate
* Footwear suited for rapid movement and turning
* Earmuffs (electronic preferred)
* Wraparound eye wear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
* Hat with brim
* Primary weapon sling, single point or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and non-dominant side weapon manipulations
* A rig that can carry a minimum of four primary magazines on your person
* Functioning secondary weapons system and three working magazines
* A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
* Weapon tools and lube
* Hydration system
* Sunscreen and bug spray
* Optics with necessary adjustment tools and spare batteries
* Gloves, and knee and elbow pads (optional)
* An open mind

This is an intermediate level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. No prior first aid training is required.
Will you know how to react after gunfire? In critical injury situations, most don’t know what they don’t know until it’s too late. This 3-day course focuses on basic, lifesaving emergency medical skills blended with weapons manipulation in live-fire, high risk scenarios. Students are expected to utilize their equipment and knowledge while under stress to “save” critically injured team members in real-life scenarios. This course is suitable for armed professionals and responsible citizens.

http://www.sigsaueracademy.com/Courses/ShowCourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=211

Registration should be up on Sigs website within the next few days.
I'm waiting on my schedule for Feb. It "appears" that I'll be able to have these days off. However, I want to get it verified before I commit. How many spaces are still open for this class?

Does this count for Continuing Medical Education required for Physicians, Nurses, EMT's or Paramedics? Thanks in advance.

RJ

ColonelKurtz
01-12-2012, 08:23 PM
How many spaces are still open for this class?
According to Keith's post three days ago, two... come on, sign up, I'm REALLY hoping this doesn't get cancelled due to lack of interest / enrollment :shake:

KeithD
01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
as of a few days ago we are 2 away from making it happen but still have many more spots available.

As far as the further medical training stuff... I have no idea...

pgaplayerless
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM

I did! you made me pay :(

LOL

RSF
01-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I did! you made me pay :(

LOL

You were a year late

pgaplayerless
01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
You were a year late

lol no way, there was no expiration. I check for *s and fine print! You needed the $$ to not shoot me and bury me behind the berm ;)

raven_fire
01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
this is ridiculous why this class isn't filled is well beyond me. it looks like we need to fill 1 more seat so i will offer 100 bucks to the person that makes this class a go. that combined with doug and joey's offer to make this class happen in michigan should be damn well enough to see it go through.

durus5995
01-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Whens the cut off date they need to know by? I am really trying to get the money together.:(

Actually I have been having nightmares the last couple nights. When I was turning on to my street two days ago I saw a car about 300 yards up the road get broad sided by another vehicle. Thank God their was an ambulance just down the road and by the time I got turned around had already responded. I just cant shake that what if feeling of not being prepared with my current med kit with some of the essentials. But if CPR would have needed to be done I had no mask and 7+ year old training from scouts. Training like this is exactly what I need.

KeithD
01-14-2012, 02:37 AM
payment should be in by February 3rd

dougwg
01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I'll do the same.
I'll bump it.

50% off any work from ATEi (http://www.ateiguns.com/) for anyone enrolled in the class!:yikes:

Keith, update the first post with this new info please.

ColonelKurtz
01-14-2012, 08:52 AM
ATEi
I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't know what that is.

dougwg
01-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't know what that is.
my company...

changed to a link...

KeithD
01-14-2012, 09:14 AM
That's awesome doug!

ColonelKurtz
01-14-2012, 09:40 AM
my company...

changed to a link...
:thumbup:

kensho
01-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Doug that's great - ill have to come up with some more M&P mods to take advantage of this great offer

KeithD
01-24-2012, 10:03 PM
We have the green light.

RSF
01-24-2012, 10:18 PM
wheeeeeee good job guys

this is a great class

ColonelKurtz
01-24-2012, 10:26 PM
We have the green light.
:banana:

KeithD
01-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Also to clarify, there is only a 20 dollar range fee the third day. The day we are actually in the range shooting.

jon cross
01-29-2012, 12:44 AM

KeithD
01-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Keith, I'll get with you and let you know in about a week. This is going to be tough to swing financially, but I don't want to miss it!

ok, sounds good brother. would be great to have you there!

_DK_
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
When is the deadline for sign up? also, what are the hours for each day.
I'm trying to see if I need to take time off and if I can get said time off...

This'll blow my training money for the whole season, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

RSF
02-01-2012, 09:58 AM
When is the deadline for sign up? also, what are the hours for each day.
I'm trying to see if I need to take time off and if I can get said time off...

This'll blow my training money for the whole season, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

if you can sign up and take this class its worth it to you and your family

and if that's the case of blowing your training money for the year. we will give you 2 free classes this year ((except for range fees)

this class has enough to make it a go all ready. but we feel strongly enough about it that we will off this to you

dougwg
02-01-2012, 10:04 AM
if you can sign up and take this class its worth it to you and your family

and if that's the case of blowing your training money for the year. we will give you 2 free classes this year ((except for range fees)

this class has enough to make it a go all ready. but we feel strongly enough about it that we will off this to you
BOOM!

KeithD
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
im pretty sure its about a 9-5.

You take the class and i'll throw in a free edged weapons and ground survival class so you can get in some more training this year.

KeithD
02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
you need to be signed up by feb 10th

_DK_
02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm in!

I had 500 set aside for classes this year. I need to save for a house... renting sucks ass.

KeithD
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
probably one of the best 500 dollars you've ever invested. Look forward to seeing you there.

Garymac
02-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Do I have to be a high speed, low drag operator to do this class?

KeithD
02-01-2012, 01:10 PM

You have to have a verifiable training, LEO, MIL, ect background. something above a cpl.

The main part of the range is focusing under stress and applying the medical knowledge. Not teaching firearms skills.

_DK_
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM

I sure hope not... No way I'll be in shape in time for that sort of class...
I've had MDFI's HG1 a few times and HG2 a couple of times, hopefully that was enough.

KeithD
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I sure hope not... No way I'll be in shape in time for that sort of class...
I've had MDFI's HG1 a few times and HG2 a couple of times, hopefully that was enough.

Yeah that's fine.

durus5995
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow I really hope my freaking tax money gets here! Is their any way I could pay with a credit card if I had to?

KeithD
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Wow I really hope my freaking tax money gets here! Is their any way I could pay with a credit card if I had to?

Yes, through the link on the OP.

_DK_
02-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I had to click on the calender, then on the 24th to get the tabs at the bottom of the page to work and take me to registration. It may be just my browser though...

durus5995
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes, through the link on the OP.
Ahh I see it now.

thenewguy199
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I just sent in payment, hold a spot for me. Thank you for organizing this. Time to get the Glock milled for an RMR.

KeithD
02-02-2012, 04:24 PM
No problem, see you at class.

jon cross
02-02-2012, 05:32 PM

KeithD
02-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Check your FB messages ya bald ****! Tax return, if it gets here in time, should make this more of a possibility...

copy, my furry little *******o.

_DK_
02-07-2012, 08:36 AM
I've been doing reading... I do not carry any sort of 1st aid kit.
I can see keeping one of those DarkAngel kits (not that i have any clue how to use one)in my range bag. but what about vehicles and such?
Is this the sort of thing they'll be going over in class?

BTW, I got an Email from Kathleen @ Sig and they wanted a copy of my CPL? I sent it in. But I've never been asked for that before.

ColonelKurtz
02-07-2012, 08:43 AM
BTW, I got an Email from Kathleen @ Sig and they wanted a copy of my CPL? I sent it in. But I've never been asked for that before.
yeah what's that all about? haven't sent it in yet...

_DK_
02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
yeah what's that all about? haven't sent it in yet...

I assume it proves you are a responsible citizen, which was the option I chose when it asked my "profession". I believe verifiable training certs would work too if you don't want to copy your CPL. I just took a picture of mine with my phone and attached it. I don't care if they have a copy.

dougwg
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
It's 1 way of trying to keep felons out of the class.

RSF
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Its is standard practice

ColonelKurtz
02-07-2012, 01:25 PM
:thumbup: thanks guys, makes sense

durus5995
02-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Finally signed up and I cant freaking wait. Anyone else running pistol only? If this class is taught like the Magpul one in the AAR RSF posted I pitty the fool who is going to be dragging my big butt.

KeithD
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
This class... Is... Full

durus5995
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
This class... Is... Full
Pssshhhh you were worried about filling up the class.

KeithD
02-09-2012, 03:42 PM
In this state and considering we had to scrap the last one due to lack of interest... Yeah kinda...

_DK_
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
how many students in total?

KeithD
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Not sure

_DK_
02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
was wondering how many donuts to bring, lol

KeithD
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
16 people total, plus two instructors, one lame that may stop in with some goodies for the class and im sure a yeti lurking about.

forrest0872
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Going to be a great class! Looking forward to kicking off the 2012 MI. Training season with some good friends in this class. Thanks Keith for bringing Kerry to MI. Great job!!!

forrest -

kensho
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
@durus5995 I'll be 'pistol only' on Sunday.

KeithD
02-17-2012, 12:01 AM
remember class is 0830-1630 hrs

_DK_
02-22-2012, 06:23 AM
any recommendations on inexpensive lodgings? I'm only hour and a half away but I don't feel like spending 9 hours in a car this weekend.

KeithD
02-22-2012, 07:00 AM
any recommendations on inexpensive lodgings? I'm only hour and a half away but I don't feel like spending 9 hours in a car this weekend.

Pm Steve, he'd know better. The only thing close are mom and pop joints. Closest commercial hotel is in Brighton...about 25 min away...

forrest0872
02-22-2012, 07:47 AM
There is a pretty decent national chain hotel @ I-94 and the Chealsea exit (M-52), much closer than Brighton........

durus5995
02-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Hey I hate to be a mooch but can you PM me if you find any. I am debating if I am going to be driving every night or not. I do have a 10 page paper I need to get done this weekend as well.

jon cross
02-22-2012, 07:14 PM

forrest0872
02-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Gents, if anyone's taken this class and has suggestions for gear/materials not listed, please share them. As of now I'm planning on notebooks, standard range kit, my car FAK and IFAK, and a shitheap of warm clothes. If there's anything else I may need/want I'd love to hear it.

Also, completely off topic, but Act of Valor premieres Friday... we should probably put together a goodguy movie night after T1 if, as I've heard elsewhere, proceeds go to the NSW Wounded Warrior Foundation.

In for the Act of Valor viewing. bring that 545 barrel for me please......

dougwg
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.imdb.com/showtimes/cinema/US/ci0004534/US/48169/2012-02-24

kensho
02-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Are the first two days inside or out?

dougwg
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
fri-sat in doors
sun out side

ColonelKurtz
02-22-2012, 10:52 PM
They're predicting up to 6" of snow Friday morning and I can't imagine Dexter-Town Hall Road is high on the list for plowing... I'll assume the class is a go and I'll get there when I get there but any way to know ahead of time if Friday's class is cancelled if the roads are impassable?

ColonelKurtz
02-22-2012, 11:07 PM
FAK and IFAK
what's that?

If there's anything else I may need/want I'd love to hear it.
Food and drinks IMO... the nearest fast food joint or grocery store is a good 15 minutes away, not far but not sure how long any break(s) will be. There is a refrigerator in the club house but not sure if there's anything in it or if we can use it.

ColonelKurtz
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
not sure if there's anything in it
...by that I mean if there's any space for students' stuff to stay cool :-)

RSF
02-23-2012, 12:09 AM
We don't cancel period

2 we have a fridge and microwave

_DK_
02-23-2012, 09:50 AM
anyone wanna tow my neon in when I get stuck, lol.
This'll probably be one time the weather persons get it right.

KeithD
02-23-2012, 10:22 AM
weather is not supposed to be good friday morning. You know this now... prepare to leave early to get there on time... if your late you volunteer to be the dummy for the live fire ballistic test... better hope kerry's a good instructor...

kensho
02-23-2012, 11:32 AM
weather is not supposed to be good friday morning. You know this now... prepare to leave early to get there on time... if your late you volunteer to be the dummy for the live fire ballistic test... better hope kerry's a good instructor...

If things are bad, I can bring a couple people in if you can get to the McDonalds or some other place to park your car before the dirt roads. Have space for 3 people max. PM me and I"ll give you my cell.

Joeywhat
02-23-2012, 11:40 AM
If my POS Cougar could get back there with 6+ inches of snow, so can all your vehicles...the only time things are bad is in spring when it gets REAL muddy...and that's only really at the range.

durus5995
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM

Yeah I am thinking about leaving between 4:30 am and 5:00 AM. That should give me a between 3 1/2 hours to 3 hours to get down there.

If I am late can I call dibs on the FMJ pistol demonstration or the .22 rim fire demonstration?

KeithD
02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
steve and i should be there shortly after 7am. so dont worry about being a little early.

KeithD
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
If I am late can I call dibs on the FMJ pistol demonstration or the .22 rim fire demonstration?

first come first serve....

Barbara
02-25-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm making chili for tomorrow and if I get around to it, cornbread, but I don't think I have enough foam bowls. Anyone want to grab some? Or some sour cream, cheese, whatever?

foilero2
02-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Evan will bring bowls, sharp chedder and sour cream.

kensho
02-26-2012, 09:18 PM
It going to be one of those classes where you look back and say, " why the hell have i not taken this before." great knowlege to have for all aspects of our lives but especially before the start of the 2012 training/shooting season.

You couldn't have been more right!

forrest0872
02-27-2012, 12:55 AM
I have taken ALOT of classes, and this one, was one of the best...........

I bet this one fills in less than a week next year.

forrest -

willowofwisp
02-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Pictures will be up later today.

willowofwisp
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Pics are up, I have more coming. if for some reason you are in a picture and do not wish to be, please PM/email me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53409939@N06/sets/72157629103353486/

KeithD
02-27-2012, 02:14 PM
any pictures of anything other than steve? like i dunno...the medical class?

TRoebs00
02-27-2012, 02:23 PM

But then how would i know what pants to buy?

RSF
02-27-2012, 02:36 PM

I saw one of you on your knees.......

he wasn't there for most it and brad has shots from the inside of class

I do have a great shot of your truck saying something kerry wrote on it

RSF
02-27-2012, 02:36 PM
But then how would i know what pants to buy?

Dont even start that ****.. go to travis page or some **** for that

RSF
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Here is my take on it after having 5 med classes now and assisting in 2 of them

I can this to those whom didn't taken it missed out

this isnt a shooting program but you better have your Head and ass hardwired together many did not it showed.. the sayi ng i have used often showed up many only practice or shoot the things they are good at
it showed.....

Sig forgot targets and other items for the host list
let me give you guys some feedback on being a host for a class
(and im not point fingers) here

Get with the INST get a detailed list of items needed for class period
i have been on both sides of the coin it sucks

Medical classes rock and 12 gauge slugs are the heat, they can take over 12 feet of kerlix to fill the wound cavity

KeithD
02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
HAHAHA, so it was him... thought it was joey...

I know he was there only a short time. But im assuming someone invited Dave out to take pictures of the class...so take pictures of the class. Thats all im saying . If we want a cool guy/gear photo shoot we can do it on our own time. It would have been nice to get some high quality shots of the students doing the drills and applying the techniques. In hopes of drawing some more interest from people that may be hesitant to drop the coin for a "non shooting class"

im not sure why the targets were an issue... yes sig didnt send any. but i had an entire Vtac stack, no biggie there.

all in all smooth weekend and learning did occur. those that took it all walked away with more than they had when they walked in, always a good thing.

slugs are king. to pack the entire wound it took me 3 rolls of gauze... that deff says something.

TRoebs00
02-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Every med class I've taken has been a lesson in just how **** ing clueless I was going in.

The first one I was the NPA dummy; takes the ego out of it real quick when you end up covered in a nice little combination of your own snot, lube and puke.

RSF
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
im not sure why the targets were an issue... yes sig didnt send any. but i had an entire Vtac stack, no biggie there.

I think you forgot the stack of Magpul targets we used too.....

Im sure the other photos will show up as soon as Brads camera as well is ready

as for photos then the host, should have made sure that happened

RSF
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Every med class I've taken has been a lesson in just how **** ing clueless I was going in.

The first one I was the NPA dummy; takes the ego out of it real quick when you end up covered in a nice little combination of your own snot, lube and puke.

Pretty much fun arent they

KeithD
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
we didnt have to use any magpuls, I had plenty of Vtacs to last the day.

RSF
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Nevermind

KeithD
02-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Nevermind

love ya snookems.

forrest0872
02-27-2012, 04:03 PM
I think you forgot the stack of Magpul targets we used too.....

Im sure the other photos will show up as soon as Brads camera as well is ready

as for photos then the host, should have made sure that happened

Working on it as we speak...............look for it soon.

forrest -

forrest0872
02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I saw one of you on your knees.......

he wasn't there for most it and brad has shots from the inside of class

I do have a great shot of your truck saying something kerry wrote on it

LMAO - thought 4 sure that was doug/joey........good 1 Kerry - :lollol:

willowofwisp
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
we didnt have to use any magpuls, I had plenty of Vtacs to last the day.

There are more pictures coming (i said this earlier)...and the only drill I was there for that actually related the medical class was the first tourniquet drill...which I have more pictures of to post.

The pictures I posted were the ones that I came across first...they are posted in order they were taken.

Don't worry Keith I got some cool guy pics of you...like you on your knees applying a tourniquet.

RSF
02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
There are more pictures coming (i said this earlier)...and the only drill I was there for that actually related the medical class was the first tourniquet drill...which I have more pictures of to post.

The pictures I posted were the ones that I came across first...they are posted in order they were taken.

Don't worry Keith I got some cool guy pics of you...like you on your knees applying a tourniquet.

Open mouth insert ass LOL xoxoxo

Joeywhat
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
applying a tourniquet.
So that's what they call it these days...

forrest0872
02-27-2012, 04:51 PM
*CAUTION CONTENTS ARE AWESOME*
*for best results view in full screen mode*

4UD_kkbD-4s&feature=youtube_gdata

KeithD
02-27-2012, 05:33 PM

jeesh i know that there are more... i seen you take them...i was there... i was just busting your balls about the first ones posted were mostly of steve...

not my fault the order they were taken were of steve first... ;)