PDA

View Full Version : Deer on the Highway !!!!!!!!!!

chevyman
11-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Me and the wife drove from Lapeer to Port Huron on I-69 there and back after lunch today and we counted 37 dead deer on the road and off the road, we just could not believe it, Just knowing that someone hit each one of those deer and how much that damage must have cost !!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Made_in_Michigan
11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Me and the wife drove from Lapeer to Port Huron on I-69 there and back after lunch today and we counted 37 dead deer on the road and off the road, we just could not believe it, Just knowing that someone hit each one of those deer and how much that damage must have cost !!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

In excess of $117 Million in Michigan alone per year from the last stats I saw.

lwout65
11-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Several years ago i hit a deer in Alpena with a company truck by the time i stopped there were 4 others pulled over wanting to take it. Being i only broke its neck (it ran right into the passenger door) i was not going to just let it go besides i wanted proof to show the boss man and the meat.

Two guys in a pickup acted like they were just going to take it from me kinda shocked me im not a little guy anyhow it was great eating.

So guess im saying.... EAT YOUR ROAD KILL lol

Cackler
11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Several years ago i hit a deer in Alpena with a company truck by the time i stopped there were 4 others pulled over wanting to take it. Being i only broke its neck (it ran right into the passenger door) i was not going to just let it go besides i wanted proof to show the boss man and the meat.

Two guys in a pickup acted like they were just going to take it from me kinda shocked me im not a little guy anyhow it was great eating.

So guess im saying.... EAT YOUR ROAD KILL lol

Unless you have the tools, time, and knowledge, you are may be just wasting your time (and money). Quite often, all that is worth taking are the backstraps.

Imagine that sight by the side of the road.

peppy62979
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
My girlfriends dad just got an nice 8 point yesterday morning at 230am :-P

cumminatcha
11-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I narrowly escaped whacking a couple of them tonight. My wife thought that they're much bigger when they're really close to the front end of the car! Go figure, eh?

lwout65
11-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Unless you have the tools, time, and knowledge, you are may be just wasting your time (and money). Quite often, all that is worth taking are the backstraps.

Imagine that sight by the side of the road.

Very true... i did get lucky with this one some neck meat was bad but thats it...also this was the first and only time i kept or ate road kill just needed to add that.

SlowDog
11-03-2011, 09:51 PM

I was talking with a guy from state Wild Life and Animal Control from the DNR and he told me Lapeer & Sanillac Counties had between 75 & 100 deer per square mile. I've seen em all over the place. Almost hit some on Newark Rd by Lake George rd. Just walked out in front of me last week. About 7-8 does and a big ol' buck....

ka64
11-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Been seeing it for years on that stretch, seems to be getting worse every season.

CnA
11-04-2011, 12:42 PM
If anyone sees a deer limping around with a Ford emblem imprinted on it's butt in Ypsilanti, that's the one I hit last week in the morning. :cuss: First deer I have hit.

I was lucky and able to slow down when I saw it, but then it jumped right in front of me. Hit it about 15 mph, but still caused damage to my truck.

I'll get my revenge on the 15th and make some deer pay for it's species.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x166/CnAPhot/F150/F150grill.jpg

langenc
11-04-2011, 04:44 PM
All those people wanting the deer are supposed to get a permit to pick it up..

Not enforced, like thousands of other useless laws.

XDM 40 cal
11-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Most of the deer i see are hambuger...

I havent hit a deer yet, but ive had close call's...(work truck)

Tyler
11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
My dad (a police officer in walker) got called to the scene of a car-deer collision. When he got there, the deer was alive, in the back of the van. It had gone through the windshield, through the gate that he had behind his seats, and into the tools and equipment in the back. It was bleeding badly (it's neck was all cut up by the cage), and had broken bones, but it was still alive and kicking, and VERY scared and angry. They had to get a rope around it's antlers and pull it out of the back of the van to put it down. That's pretty much as bad as it gets!

bluegill
11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
There's no money to pick up road kill anymore. That's another reason why you see so many dead deer and why they just rot away.

JohnJak
11-07-2011, 08:27 AM
It should be turned into prisoner food.

chevyman
11-07-2011, 03:03 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

steve581581
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
There was a large buck (6 pointish) and an equal size doe in the median of i94 near the airport this morning.

langenc
11-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Cant do that-prisioners have rights!!

Not federally inspected-not for school lunches, prisioners or Sr citizen meals. Have to protect the vulnerable.