PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed is looking for new host ranges - bounty offered

intheburbs
11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Folks,

As the State Coordinator for Appleseed, it's my job to keep us growing in leaps and bounds. We had 2 events in 2009, 7 in 2010 and 18 in 2011. My goal is to double in 2012, which is 36 events.

Anyone who hooks us up with a range will be eligible to collect a "bounty."

It goes like this: Put us in touch with someone (preferably a board member) at a club, and when we schedule our first events there, you will receive up to FOUR FREE ADMISSIONS (excepting range fees - gotta help the host range) to our events there. You can attend with a friend or family member there for two separate events, or you can bring three friends/family to one event.

We're especially interested in finding host ranges in Detroit metro (Wayne, Washtenaw, Oakland, Macomb counties), and ranges in the Grand Rapids/Muskegon/Kalamazoo area.

Please contact myself or Swamp Thing either here or on the Appleseed forum.

Thanks!

PS - Board members of any club, can attend any Appleseed in Michigan at no charge. We welcome and encourage you to come out and see what we do and what we're about. Just PM me for details.

Current ranges excluded from the bounty:

Centerline of Calhoun
Watervleit Rod and Gun Club
Eaton Rapids Conservation Club
Post 46
Lapeer County Sportsmens Club
Houghton Lake Sportsmans Club
Fenton Lakes Sportsmans Club

tenthumbs
11-04-2011, 07:40 PM
'burbs would get a new business Card. :razz:

This is a HECK of an offer Folks!

The Appleseed Instructors are top notch and their safety protocols are second to none.

We have had several shoots at Lapeer and I have been present at them all. Two of My grandsons have participated and the third [ten Y/O] will be shooting in Dec. I wouldn't trust their safety to the Appleseed Instructors if I wasn't confident that they are beyond reproach. :salute:

intheburbs
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Bumping this. Got several responses, thanks for that.

Bounty is still available - Appleseed needs more host ranges!!!

intheburbs
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
First bounty has been paid out! Appleseed is coming to Muskegon in 2012.

Thanks to 1911_guy for hooking us up with Muskegon Pistol and Rifle Club for the weekends of 5/5-5/6/12 and 8/25-8/26/12. That's an awesome facility with a 300-yard range and 12 pop-up targets. Great opportunity for some KD work.

Keep 'em coming folks! We need more new ranges to host us.

Jetplane19
12-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks intheburbs for mailing out some literature!

I will be taking it out to the KCCL.ORG club manager on my next trip out.

intheburbs
01-03-2012, 07:28 AM
New Year's bump. Still looking for more ranges!

sca037
01-26-2012, 01:34 PM
I've suggested to a BoD member of the Oakland County Sportsman's Club (OCSC- where I'm a member), that this would be a good event to host.

I'll let you know what happens 8-)
Brian

intheburbs
01-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey, thanks! We'd be happy to come to a board meeting to speak with the BOD to make our "pitch" and answer any questions. Just let me know - I'm in southern Oakland county.

Barrettone
02-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Do you currently host anything in the UP besides Cornell? Is that still your area? I am in touch with 4 or 5 clubs regularly in the western UP on a regular basis as I instruct up there every 6 weeks. I have contacts at Alpha Gun Club in Crystal Falls, United Sportsmans Club in Merriman just north of Iron Mountain, Sagola Sportsmans Club in Channing, and Negaunee Rod and Pistol Club in Negaunee.

Jeff

intheburbs
02-12-2012, 11:28 AM
PM Sent

Pitmaster
03-14-2012, 06:01 AM
PS - Board members of any club, can attend any Appleseed in Michigan at no charge. We welcome and encourage you to come out and see what we do and what we're about. Just PM me for deta

I wish I would of known. I all ready bought tickets for the Bend of the River Conservation Club July 7-8. No big deal I support good 2A causes anyway!:para:

langenc
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Interested in Sault Sainte Marie??

Garymac
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Interested in Sault Sainte Marie??

We are always looking for ranges. If you can get us in a range in SSM, let us know. We will go anywhere.