PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 327

cantpickone
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I bought a Taurus 327 this summer from Bud's which is a small frame 6 shot revolver in 327 fed mag caliber.
I took it shooting one day at Target sports on Woodward and decided at that time to put a Pachmayr Compac grip on it, which I did.
I took it out a few weeks ago shooting on my friends property in Superior Twp and after loading and shooting a few cylinders when I opened the cylinder to reload, the cylinder fell out on the ground.
It looked to me like the side plate screw that holds the yoke in had vibrated out and that it just needed to be replaced.
I called Taurus customer service and a pleasant girl agreed to send me a yoke screw assembly and said that if that didn't fix it that I could send the gun in to be repaired under warranty.
Well I replaced the screw and the cylinder spun freely so I called customer service again. This time I got a man who clearly didn't like his job and didn't want to be there. I told him the story and he just said in a brusque manner "OK, just send it to us overnight!". I asked him what the procedure was for that and he got angry and said "Just go to UPS or Fedex and overnight it!".
So I put it back in the box and wrapped it in brown paper and took it to Fedex. A girl there said that it must be in Fedex packaging so I put a Fedex envelope over it. She wanted me to put it in a great big box saying that the envelope was insufficient because firearms must be in a cardboard box. I argued that it was already in a cardboard box and all it needed was a Fedex wrapper. I eventually wore her down. I sent it uninsured also and I still paid $55.80. They were trying to get me to spend about $80 to send it back.
Those of you who are thinking that I got what I deserve for buying a Taurus have it right.
I bought this because I was interested in the 327 fed mag and Taurus stopped making these and Bud's, CDNN, Cheaper than Dirt and other places had them for between $230-$290 for different versions in blue or SS.
I also bought a Ruger SP101 in this caliber which is a nice gun. I had Wolff Springs put in that one.
If Taurus wants me to pay to ship this back I will probably tell them to keep it.
I am hoping that they will offer me a different model gun that has been more successful in place of the one that I sent in.

TomE
11-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Guns that are less than a year old, Taurus will send FedEx out to your house to pick up your gun on their dime. They even supply the box and will fill out the shipper,I even added insurance at their cost. This has happened 5 times in 2 years for me

cantpickone
11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Guns that are less than a year old, Taurus will send FedEx out to your house to pick up your gun on their dime. They even supply the box and will fill out the shipper,I even added insurance at their cost. This has happened 5 times in 2 years for me
I was trying to find that out. But the customer service rep had an attitude. I should call and see if I can get that refunded.

cantpickone
11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I called them back and was told that they pick up the cost of shipping to them on rare instances but that it is not their policy.
I told him that I was sorry that I had purchased the gun and that I wouldn't put even one more cent into it and that if they expected me to pay to ship it back that they could just keep it.
He said that they are responsible for return shipping.
I guess that I can afford to lose the money that I put into it. But Taurus will never make any more money from me.

Big_Jim
11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
You have learned a valuable lesson. Taurus guns are junk. But from here on out when you try to give someone sound advice based on your personal experience you will be called a "gun snob" and "hater". You will be told that Taurus makes a good gun and they have a lifetime warrenty and the poor sap telling you this will thoroghly believe it.

Now, go forth and forever more only buy quality firearms.

"Friends don't let friends buy Taurus"

cantpickone
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
You have learned a valuable lesson. Taurus guns are junk. But from here on out when you try to give someone sound advice based on your personal experience you will be called a "gun snob" and "hater". You will be told that Taurus makes a good gun and they have a lifetime warrenty and the poor sap telling you this will thoroghly believe it.

You have it right brother.

TomE
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM

But, they replaced my often repaired PT-22 with a new one in March through a FFL,they sent me a letter saying they replaced it and the old one was not fixable.

Two weeks ago,CS calls saying its urgent,they wanted to verify my address. CS says ,that now we can get things rolling.

I asked what I was getting.

He says a PT-22

I told him they already replaced one

On the next Monday FedEx drops off my unrepairable, repaired PT-22 with original Serial#

It had 4 FTFires in the first mag

Now I have 2 for the price of one plus FFL transfer ,5 mags from sending it in without one each time,1 extra set of rosewood grips.

The original unrepairable,repaired one might be OK for plinking, but at least I have a parts gun in it.

Both PT-22's are in my name at the Sheriff's office

Just a bit more than my :twocents:

Big_Jim
11-08-2011, 04:50 PM
But, they replaced my often repaired PT-22 with a new one in March through a FFL,they sent me a letter saying they replaced it and the old one was not fixable.

Two weeks ago,CS calls saying its urgent,they wanted to verify my address. CS says ,that now we can get things rolling.

He says a PT-22

On the next Monday FedEx drops off my unrepairable, repaired PT-22 with original Serial#

Now I have 2 for the price of one plus FFL transfer ,5 mags from sending it in without one each time,1 extra set of rosewood grips.

The original unrepairable,repaired one might be OK for plinking, but at least I have a parts gun in it.

I can't tell if your saying Taurus is good for giving you a free gun or that now you have two peices of crap for the price on one. Heck, either way I don't care. Sounds to me that Taurus customer service has no idea what they're doing, which is consistant.

I hope your gun works out, just don't tell me that a Taurus is a good gun and expect me to believe it. Your experience tells me otherwise.

TomE
11-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I can't tell if your saying Taurus is good for giving you a free gun or that now you have two peices of crap for the price on one. Heck, either way I don't care. Sounds to me that Taurus customer service has no idea what they're doing, which is consistant.

I hope your gun works out, just don't tell me that a Taurus is a good gun and expect me to believe it. Your experience tells me otherwise.

Read some of my Taurus posts :woohoo1:

RockinRiley
11-08-2011, 07:41 PM

He says a PT-22

I can say I would never ever get that fortunate!