PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Gunsight Scout Rifle

AbsoluteCPL
11-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I picked this up from Accurate Firearms in Clarkston. I don't know how they do it, but if you're looking for a gun that is hard to get talk to those guys.
If you are like me and are LEFT HANDED this IS the gun for you. Not because its ambidextrous, but because its AVAILABLE in LEFTY! Having the option to buy a gun made left handed is worth the extra you pay in any situation, however you have NO up charge you pay the going rate.That is unheard of.
Once I got out to the range the rifle started to attract a lot of attention right away. Ruger makes great shooting and great looking guns.
Range time started out at 30 yards to see what the gun was out of the box. Using Remington 308 150 GR. EXPRESS CORE-LOKT the gun was right on. Not to say I was shooting out the same hole, but it flings them down range really nicely. The first shot was high an inch and slightly left. The next 4 were inside of a one inch group dancing a tight circle around the bull's eye.
The bolt cycles the rounds well. The ghost ring sights are very nice and target acquisition is fast and accurate, the black laminate stock has a very aggressive knurled grip and fore end, the weight and balance are perfect. I added two spacers to the butt stock (included) to give a better if length of pull. The gun comes with a 10 round single stack mag. I purchased a 5 rounder and boy did it ever come with a price tag ($60.00).
After only 5 shots I went up to 100 yards. The first 10 shots were taken slow and ended in a 3 3/4 inch group. Next I was just getting a sight picture and sending them down. Those went a little here a little there. All shots stayed on the paper, but the group ended up being 7 1/4 inches at the worst point. All of this is being done with the iron sights that came on the gun just the way they came out of the box.
Sorry, for what ever reason I'm having an issue getting pictures to load
Any questions about the gun feel free to look me up
-Absolute

RECON762WT
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Nice write up.

FYI they just came out with 3, 5, & 10 round mags. All priced at $39.99, see rugers site to purchase.