PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Hunting and Feral Swine Hunting

TheJoker16
11-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Now I understand night time hunting for coyote i can only use rimfire rifles which I'm fine with at night but for some reason I can't find any info on the rifles i can use during the day is it only rimfires or can i use centerfire rifles during the day? And while I'm asking questions what are the rules for feral swine? Any and all info much appreciated

pkuptruck
11-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Now I understand night time hunting for coyote i can only use rimfire rifles which I'm fine with at night but for some reason I can't find any info on the rifles i can use during the day is it only rimfires or can i use centerfire rifles during the day? And while I'm asking questions what are the rules for feral swine? Any and all info much appreciated

feral swine has almost no limits, except common sense... Use enough gun, and have ANY license that is current and legal... but bring a bigfoot expert AND some paranormal friends, as these "feral" swine in michigan seem are never, if seldom, seen firsthand..:scratch:

coyotes can be hunted with rimfire OR centerfire rifle or pistol during the daylight hours. The rimfire exclusion is ONLY for nighttime.. :woohoo1:

westcliffe01
11-12-2011, 09:47 AM
With deer season upon us, rimfire rifles during the day are out and in the shotgun zone centerfire rifles are out until the end of firearm season (dec 15 ?). Even shotgun is restricted regarding the ammo allowed on your person.

So in a nutshell, until muzzleloader season closes, to be out in the field with a long gun, you must have a valid deer hunting license, have an valid deer tag and carry a gun that is permitted for deer hunting. Any coyotes shot incidental to legal deer hunting is OK. Otherwise if you are found out in the field without the deer license and tag, you will get cited for hunting without a license and if carrying the "wrong" type of weapon a weapons citation too.

It pretty much makes it impossible to do anything other than night hunting for the Coyotes with a shotgun or rimfire, if you are equipped for it. If you use a muzzle loader, you are basically good to go from the time firearm season opens until the end of the primitive season.... (with deer hunting license).