PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Handgun 201 July 29 in Howell

Fiddler
07-19-2006, 02:26 PM
You have completed your CPL class, earned your certificate, and now you have a license to carry a concealed pistol. Now what? Do you know how to draw safely and effectively from the holster when seconds count? Do you know how to do a tactical mag reload? This 4 hour course is an introduction to basic defensive handgun skills needed to increase your chances of surviving a defensive encounter. Topics covered include:

Trigger reset
Controlled pairs
Failure drills
Malfunction drills
Drawing from the holster
Speed and tactical reloads
Proper use of cover
and more

Saturday, July 29

Howell, MI

Course Fee: $75

Start Time: 10:00 a.m.

Prerequisites:

CPL or pistol marksmanship certification

Equipment requirements:

Defensive Caliber Handgun (no .22 caliber except for those with physical limitations)
3 magazines or speed-loaders
Holster (no shoulder holster or cross-draw)
Eye and ear protection
350 rounds of ammunition

Other recommendations:

lunch
water
sunscreen
sunglasses
hat
insect repellent
knee pads
shoes you don’t mind getting muddy

This class will take place outdoors, so please dress for the weather.

To enroll or for more information email me at
pistolinstructor@charter.net or kmacademy@charter.net

Check out our website! http://www.kmtacticalresponseacademy.com

Tank
07-19-2006, 05:35 PM
:-( :banghead:

Crap.. I SO want to take this.... but it's Heather's b-day.. *sigh*... maybe there'll be enough interest that you'll run it again in the near future.

Divegeek
07-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I'd like to take it too, but that is the first day of our Tech Diving Expedition. Gone for a week in the middle of no where.

Fiddler
07-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey, guys! Thanks for your interest! Yes, I will definitely be doing another class in the near future. If I don't get enough interest in the women's class, I will also open that date up and make it co-ed (August 19). I should also be posting one in the Fall.

Fiddler
07-19-2006, 07:27 PM
double tap - please delete

Fiddler
07-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Looking at my calendar, I have the weekends of Sept 23 or Sept 30 open. Will either of those dates work for you guys? Otherwise, we're looking at October.

Tank
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm open for either of those dates... Oct... boooo... archery season 8) lol

I'll pencil them in my calendar so I can know they're coming and NOT make plans. If you firm up either of those dates, please post so I can know and sign up.

THANK YOU KAREN!!!!

Divegeek
07-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Possibly will have to check the calendar.

Fiddler
07-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Ok, let me know! If anyone else is interested, let me know what date works for you. Thanks!

Fiddler
07-27-2006, 05:39 PM
So far, it's looking like September 23, or I may open up the August 19 date. Let me know if you're interested in either date.

Tank
07-28-2006, 05:03 PM
So far, it's looking like September 23, or I may open up the August 19 date. Let me know if you're interested in either date.

Either one works for me. So which ever you get more response for is fine. If everyone gives an answer such as mine.... I'd pick.... Sept 23rd for a chance at it being a little cooler than Aug 19th.

Fiddler
07-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks so much for your interest and feedback! We had a great class today, as hot as it was. (Special thanks to Rick for hosting!) A good time was had by all, everyone learned a lot and improved their skills, and everyone was asking when the next class is going to be!

I've opened up August 19 for men and women, and right now, it's looking like the Sept. date will be 23rd. I'll give it a few more days as I'm waiting on a few more responses.

Thanks, guys! : )

fbuckner
07-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Yep it was hot but the shooting was hotter. I believe everyone shot real well. Ive only done the run of the mill target work today was a real blast. Karen actually spoke up!! Proud of you !! We went easy on her to by telling her it was OK let us have it if we were messing up she did.Good for her!! I cant wait till we shoot again. Hopefully it wont be so damn hot out

Fiddler
07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks, Rick! I had a blast teaching it,:fa: and Rick's right. The guys were great! They told me to let 'em have it, so I did! Of course, I found myself sounding just a little like Deputy
:di: a few times, but without the colorful metaphors! hehe I guess all that training and RSO'ing rubs off! (and you thought I wasn't listening, Dep! lol) Oh, by the way, Rick, thanks for the special lunch you brought me! :shock:

Seriously though, thanks to all who participated for a great class!

Fiddler
07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
By the way, Rick, we can go shoot again any time! Just say the word!

fbuckner
07-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Im ready this weekend I would like to have my son taught some of this stuff.
I have to wait for my Mitchellized M&P to come back from the rehab its undergoing. Justin doesnt like shooting the .45

Tank
07-31-2006, 04:56 PM
*edit* nevermind... I got it now... *edit*

Fiddler
07-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Okay guys, it's looking like August 19 and Sept 23. I've already opened August 19 to men and women. I'll also be posting Sept 23, so take your pick. You can attend either one.

Thanks!