PDA

View Full Version : KINDA related

ltdave
11-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Gamo Whisper air rifles cant be shipped to michigan allegedly because of the integral sound suppressor on them...

does this change in AG opinion/mcl/whatever, allow for these air rifles to now be shipped into and be available here?

i just didnt know where to post this, so please move if necessary...

rjrivero
11-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Gamo Whisper air rifles cant be shipped to michigan allegedly because of the integral sound suppressor on them...

does this change in AG opinion/mcl/whatever, allow for these air rifles to now be shipped into and be available here?

i just didnt know where to post this, so please move if necessary...
It's a great question, and it's been asked before. The Attorney General's opinion essentially stated that the NFA STAMP qualifies as a "license" to satisfy the Michigan law.

The Gamo Whisper air rifle doesn't fall under the purview of the NFA. So, I would presume that there is no way to get a similar NFA STAMP for it.

IANAL, but my interpretation of the AG's letter is that the device need be in the NFA to be useable in Michigan.

HK USP
11-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Catch 22... if the feds don't consider the Gamo W an silenced weapon requiring a tax stamp just why the heck does MI?

Roundballer
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Because for the most part, the Feds don't consider a pellet gun to be a firearm. Michigan does.