PDA

View Full Version : Good article from the NRA on benefits of suppressors for hunting, etc...

TWS-Mike
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
It reads pretty well, and has some good points.
It would probably be a good resource to help the move to legalize suppressors for hunting, as well as the general public's opinion of a misunderstood hearing protection device.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?id=474&issue=021

dekulaw
11-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Nice article. Thanks for posting it. I have been spreading the word in Monroe County and trying to get the word out about NFA firearm trusts. This article will help. I have spoken to the LE guys and prosecutors and always get a "why" thrown at me. I spoke to a DNR Sargent in Gaylord back in September and he mirrored the article, even told me of Europe's requirements, as he articulated his personal opinion. He thought we should organize a letter campaign to the AG and DNR heads to get the Wildlife Conservation Order amended to allow for hunting with suppressors. It was quite a nice conversation. Anyways, thanks for the article.

John V. Deku
John V. Deku, PLC
Attorney and Counsellor at Law
6530 Secor Road, Suite 6
Lambertville, Michigan 48144
(734) 854-4535

Groo
11-23-2011, 12:58 PM
My hearing was damaged by a squirrel hunting incident when I was a kid. I have heard a story of a deer hunter discharging a firearm while getting into an occupied vehicle on the family land before I was born. Think that didn't leave some ringing ears? As for the detecting poaching thing; one neighbor shoots up a storm every weekend, and it seams like it is always legal to hunt something. How does the sound of the gunfire help you determine whether or not the target is legal? Thinking of using the sound of gunfire to detect poaching, shows a lack of thought.

smokinbutts
11-26-2011, 04:10 PM
poaching is illegal, so what is to stop someone who is already breaking that law from putting a suppressor on their rifle to help hide it more? not allowing legal hunting with suppressors wont stop illegal hunting with them.