PDA

View Full Version : Archery season antler restrictions

il Padrino
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
The 2011 archery rules specify an archery license can be used for either antler or antlerless deer, but then referrs to an antler restriction.
Why does the DNR make things so complicated, I need an attorney to decipher the rules for me.
Can I still bow hunt antlerless deer with just an archery license?
Does the antler restriction only apply if i'm hunting antlerd deer, I'm assuming I can shoot an antlerless deer, but if I decide to shoot a antlered one it must comply with the antler restriction for the zone I'm hunting in? I'm assuming the rule is to allow button bucks or small spike horn the chace to mature?
Confusing as all hell, they need someone that actually hunts to write the damn rules, rather than some bean counter with a law degree.

TomE
11-28-2011, 07:33 AM
It gets easier the more times you buy licenses :thup:

You can hunt a baldy with an archery license, if it doesn't have at least 1 3" spike, it's considered anterless

fr3db3ar
11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
It refers to both because if you bought a combo license it allows you to hunt with a gun as well.

Antlered with gun within restrictions, antlered or bald with a bow.

skidooboy
11-28-2011, 08:40 PM
first buck can be ANY LEGAL buck (3" or more antlers), or antlerless with bow. second buck must have 4 points on one side. that would be your restricted license tag. (if you bought a combo). other zones do have different restricted antler rules. know before you go. ski

fr3db3ar
11-29-2011, 08:11 PM
But, in archery they can both be does if you choose.

fegPA63
11-30-2011, 03:21 PM
The 2011 archery rules specify an archery license can be used for either antler or antlerless deer, but then referrs to an antler restriction.
Why does the DNR make things so complicated, I need an attorney to decipher the rules for me.
Can I still bow hunt antlerless deer with just an archery license?
Does the antler restriction only apply if i'm hunting antlerd deer, I'm assuming I can shoot an antlerless deer, but if I decide to shoot a antlered one it must comply with the antler restriction for the zone I'm hunting in? I'm assuming the rule is to allow button bucks or small spike horn the chace to mature?
Confusing as all hell, they need someone that actually hunts to write the damn rules, rather than some bean counter with a law degree.

HAHAHA, same thing I thought when trying to read that pile of garbage DNR book. My theory, and this may not work for you, try to find out the laws, if you can't tell whats what because they made it too complicated with 12 exceptions and 14 restrictions :piss: for each paragraph then just open fire, if it's not the right one/legal then just stash it or keep it "hush, hush" style

Ca'peesh?