PDA

View Full Version : Camp Perry Shooters

Kimber45
08-06-2006, 11:57 AM
The MGO crew at Camp Perry just before the John C. Garand Match.

John and Mark Levis Chris K. and Gary Kramer

Ken P
08-06-2006, 07:02 PM
so how did you do?

Kimber45
08-06-2006, 07:14 PM
so how did you do?

263 in the carbine match and 218 in the Garand where I blew the offhand. In the Springfield I found out that the windage on my '03 was loose and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was so loose it changed under recoil. The armorer had to pean it.

Ha a blast though!

Ken P
08-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Ha a blast though!

and that is the most important part

Maranatha
08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
I was in the Pits when John was shooting his 1903, Chris and I knew something was wrong.

appliancebrad
08-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Jordan and I had a great time. I couldn't convince him to shoot in the Springfield match but I did. I managed a 157 as I'm still trying to figure out the sights.

In the Garand match, Jordan started out strong with 2 9's and then an X. He then got tired in the off hand and tanked. He shot a 127. I ran out of time on the last shot of the slow fire off hand and sunk to a 235, down from last year. However, I got to spend 3 days with my 16 year old, enjoying the experience, working the pits and walking vendors row. I also had an awesome dinner at a new place in Pt Clinton called Kokomo Bay. Did I mention the food was incredible?

Jordan's got a new Bushmaster hat and a cool t-shirt to wear on casual day at school. When they talk about WWII in history this year, he can say he's sampled a bit of it. Pretty good time.

Kimber45
08-07-2006, 02:21 AM
As always it was good to see you and Jordan, Brad. After three days of shooting in the heat it was easy to get tired in the offhand during the Garand match. At least that's my excuse. ;-)

Maranatha
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Next year will be better, the Carbine match will have the bugs worked out, we were there at 6 am and did finish till after 4 PM for 4 relays it was a long day, and I should have my Shooting Coat by then.

When I saw the guy near gluing himself to his mat with Spay Adhesive. I figured I'll never be able to compete just wearing a T-shirt.

Kimber45
08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Next year will be better, the Carbine match will have the bugs worked out, we were there at 6 am and did finish till after 4 PM for 4 relays it was a long day, and I should have my Shooting Coat by then.

Most of that delay was due to the weather. Talking to the pit boss he told me next year they will handle the targets differently and that shouild resolve the problems they had which were, again, due to the rain and wind.

When I saw the guy near gluing himself to his mat with Spay Adhesive. I figured I'll never be able to compete just wearing a T-shirt.

If that's all it takes I'll glue you to the mat myself with gorilla glue. ;-)

Maranatha
08-07-2006, 07:55 PM
John, I was shocked to see the guy spraying it on his knees and elbows, but i guess it makes sense.

and John's right the CMP did a great job with the Carbine match. The weather was the problem and they said the response was overwhelming, I think they expected 250 shooters and had 480 shooters.

Batman
08-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I was there and shot all three. In the Carbine match I was the top bronze winner and what really hurt was that I had one saved round in the rapid sitting due to a sub power FTF. By the time I got it cleared it was too late and I wasn't going to be one of the folks who shot after they called a cease fire!

In the Springfield match I started out great with a 95-2X then proceeded to tank with an 83-1X and a 79-0X off hand.

In the Garand match I again started off great with a 97-3X. I then proceeded to do much better in rapid prone with a 93-1X. Thinking I was headed to a gold metal I then again tanked with a 73-0X in off hand and had to settle for another Bronze.

Great time but oh so hot!

Maranatha
08-08-2006, 04:28 AM
Batman, Congrats on the Bronze, I guess it would help if I went out shooting more than once a month, its like everything Practice Practice Practice.

But it was hot, we ended up buying those 5.11 under-gear shirts and they did help keep us cool.

Kimber45
08-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Good shooting batman!!

appliancebrad
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Some pictures from Camp Perry 2006:

16 year old Jordan with the Garand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/appliancebrad/100_2048.jpg

Everyone does their time in the pits.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/appliancebrad/100_2043.jpg

Brad shooting his Springfield.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/appliancebrad/100_1990.jpg

Waiting for the score in the slow fire off hand portion of the Garand match.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/appliancebrad/100_2056.jpg