PDA

View Full Version : New question about a Glock 22 purchase I made today...

pointnclick
11-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Hello and thanks for reading this drivel...here it is...I purchased a new Glock 22 today and I have a slight problem. The guy at the store measured the barrel length and put it down on the Pistol sales record. As 4.25 inches. The problem is that the barrel length is reported on Glocks website and in the manual (I read it what a geek right?) as 4.49 inches.
Called the dealer and they said no biggie (happens more than I know????) But, if I want I can come back in and they will redo the paperwork with correct numbers. Is it a big deal or should I just roll with it and explain it to the Detroit PD when I take the paperwork in to them? I would not even ask, but I had a bit of a problem like this before and I don't want any problems when I take the paperwork to the police. Anyone else have an opinion on this or is it really not a big deal? Also, thanks in advance for any input on this....stay safe...God Bless...

pgaplayerless
11-30-2011, 08:48 PM
makes no difference

RevDerb
11-30-2011, 08:52 PM
There is no safety inspection of the firearm anymore at the PD so there is no way for them to even discover a clerical error like that. Let it go and turn in your paperwork. I don't even understand why the salesman would measure the barrel if it was a new Glock The bbl length is usually clearly stated on either the box or in the manual.

pointnclick
11-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback...

pointnclick
12-02-2011, 11:11 PM
There is no safety inspection of the firearm anymore at the PD so there is no way for them to even discover a clerical error like that. Let it go and turn in your paperwork.

Yea I didn't get it either...but I was so excited over the price I let it slide..it did not dawn on me until I was home looking the manual over...I dropped it off today (paperwork)...No problem...thanks for the feedback folks...much appreciated...

I don't even understand why the salesman would measure the barrel if it was a new Glock The bbl length is usually clearly stated on either the box or in the manual.

The funny part is he measured it wrong..oh well...

nitrous_bob
12-03-2011, 01:01 PM
no your asking for more work than its worth.

i actually bought a used pistol, then sold it later, i forget exactly but in one of the transactions the serial number omitted a single digit.

i even called detroit ATF to make it right, and they said...dont worry about it.

pgaplayerless
12-03-2011, 01:10 PM
no your asking for more work than its worth.

i actually bought a used pistol, then sold it later, i forget exactly but in one of the transactions the serial number omitted a single digit.

i even called detroit ATF to make it right, and they said...dont worry about it.

Feds dont give two ***** about state law...

TNT.45
12-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I always put it as 4.5" I might need a new ruler...lol