PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Muster August 26 Jackson, MI

Maranatha
08-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Sorry folks, looks like Saturdays' event to the Civil War Muster is cancelled.

We've received some interest, but, rain is in the forecast for at least the next couple of days and we thought it would be better to just cancel this event. We didn't think too many would like to find themselves standing in the rain for too long. I know I'm disappointed, never saw a re-inactment of the war before, but, heh...there is always next year.

Just keep in mind the upcoming Shotgun Shoot scheduled for September and of course the fun shoot at the Firing Line in December, with more details to follow in the corresponding thread.

These events are open to all whether a current member or not at all. It's a good way to meet people you talk to on the board but have never met. So, come on out and join us. Hope to see you at the next events.

Chris

Tallbear
08-11-2006, 05:17 AM
I'll be there.............

appliancebrad
08-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Let me check our calendar.

The muster is a great time and in a beautiful setting. Lot's of vendors on Sutler's Row and the encampment is very good. Come for the day and bring your family.

art
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Is the park carry friendly?
I was there a couple years ago with my family, and really enjoyed it.

appliancebrad
08-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Is the park carry friendly?
I was there a couple years ago with my family, and really enjoyed it.

No problems, it's a city park. Plus there are lots and lots of guns there :)

Maranatha
08-11-2006, 09:36 PM
its sounds like a good time we just need to hope for good weather.

Kimber45
08-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Hmmmm, the 26th is Dortothy and my 40th anniversary. A civil war enactment might be the appropriate place for us. ;-)

Maranatha
08-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Okay,
here's the group so far.

Gary (1)
Mike T (1)
Chris (1)?

Anyone else Planning on Attending????

Tallbear
08-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Need to know what time and where we're meeting.

Maranatha
08-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Here is a link to directions. http://www.civilwarmuster.org/visitor/index.htm

I don't know the Jackson Area to Pick a Spot to meet other that at the Parking area at the Muster.

If someone from the Jackson Area can suggest a Place that would be helpful.

I think we should meet by 1:00 PM

Ken P
08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
is the lighted fountain/waterfall deal still operating there? Man talk about a blast from the past..we used to go out there when I was a little shaver to ride bikes and see the fountain at night...

Tallbear
08-20-2006, 07:19 PM
I believe the foutain is in Marshall.

Maranatha
08-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I think what Ken Means are the Cascade Falls.

which in the same park where the Muster is

Ken P
08-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I think what Ken Means are the Cascade Falls.

which in the same park where the Muster is

The net is a wonderful thing....it was alittle after 1930 that I was there...but glad to see they are still around...

Cascade Falls 2006 Season Open Dates:
Open May 26th thru September 4th
Closed: May 30st, May 31st and June 1st September Open Dates Only:
September 1st - 4th, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, and 23rd

The Cascades Falls are operated by the Jackson County Parks Department. They are open nightly from 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Memorial Day through Labor Day.

The Cascades Falls were built in the early spring of the 1930s. Its first display to the public was on May 10, 1932. The Cascades Falls are 500 feet in length, a vertical height of 64 feet, and a total width of 60 feet. There are 6 fountains, 16 Falls (11 are illuminated), 1,230 Colored Electric Lights, and a 2,000 gallon per minute water pump that filters, chlorinates, and recycles water in a closed loop system. There are 126 steps along each side of the Falls. This walkways passes 3 main pools of water that are 30 feet by 90 feet.

http://www.co.jackson.mi.us/parks/cascades.asp

keyjockey
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
....it was alittle after 1930 that I was there...but glad to see they are still around...

Ok...I've met you once earlier this year.

You looked real good for being in your 70's. I would have never guessed.

:mrgreen:

Maranatha
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Last Call, we have 3 people saying they want to go.

anybody else????????

Autumnlovr
08-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Sorry, I can't make it. Got a Mopar party to go to in Chesterfield Twsp that day. And, if time....a party 1/4 mile down the road put on by someone from work.
Have fun.

enfield
08-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Here is a link to directions. http://www.civilwarmuster.org/visitor/index.htm

I don't know the Jackson Area to Pick a Sport to meet other that at the Parking area at the Muster.

If someone from the Jackson Ara can suggest a Place that would be helpful.

I think we should meet by 1:00 PM

There's a McDonald's at Exit 144 or 145 (Sargent Rd) of I94. It's on Ann Arbor Road (Business 94). After meeting, you can continue west on Ann Arbor and it'll take you right thru the middle of Jackson. The park is south of town on the west side. There's a sign at the intersection for Cascade Falls park -- Brown Street I believe.

prettyinpink
08-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Sorry folks, looks like Saturdays' event to the Civil War Muster is cancelled.

We've received some interest, but, rain is in the forecast for at least the next couple of days and we thought it would be better to just cancel this event. We didn't think too many would like to find themselves standing in the rain for too long. I know I'm dissapointed, never saw a re-inactment of the war before, but, heh...there is always next year.

Just keep in mind the upcoming Shotgun Shoot scheduled for September and of course the fun shoot at the Firing Line in December, with more details to follow in the corresponding thread.

These events are open to all whether a current member or not at all. It's a good way to meet people you talk to on the board but have never met. So, come on out and join us. Hope to see you at the next events.

Chris

ZIPGRAVER
08-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey when is this shotgun shoot??? I'll be home Sept13-27 and if possible might make it out there or ????? although I won't hve my guns.... but hell that never stopped me.:gaga: 8)

Tallbear
08-28-2006, 11:40 AM
If you want to go out and shoot while you're here, I'll take you out and let you use one of my guns.

mkls0
08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
If you want to go out and shoot while you're here, I'll take you out and let you use one of my guns.

I don't know about putting a gun in his hand he has been out there with them CA people...

ZIPGRAVER
08-28-2006, 02:29 PM

Sounds sorta like I'll take you out and whup your ass...:hardhat: Well at least I could show you what end the BBs come out of.:roll:

ZIPGRAVER
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't know about putting a gun in his hand he has been out there with them CA people...

Well we have trap and skeet shooting followed by "Find the Commiefornians and Blast 'em" Now that's fun.:)

prettyinpink
08-28-2006, 03:37 PM
The Shotgun Shoot is posted on the calendar, Saturday, September 23.

ZIPGRAVER
08-28-2006, 05:55 PM
The Shotgun Shoot is posted on the calendar, Saturday, September 23.

Yep I see Gary posted it special.... probably just for me cuz I ain't too bright.:|

Maranatha
08-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Gary you are Special, I've just been busy