PDA

View Full Version : August ACTS match

Fiddler
08-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Congrats to RSF for coming out on top once again! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

http://www.actshooters.com/aug06.html

RSF
08-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeap once again a great time and over 30 shooters now at this match

great weather and a lots of good shooting its anybodies ball game there at any match penalties hurt alot of the shooter this month

sprink
08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
I went out, but didn't shoot. Nice group of people and a well set up match. As Steve mentioned, penalties really ruled the final scoring at this match.

One stage (3 I think) had a par time of 10 seconds. Shots after the timer were penalized like the misses scored if you stopped in time but didn't engage some targets. 16 shots under 10 seconds! Not impossible, but challenging with a highcap topped off. Two guys (at least) did it with single stacks.

I'll be back out there, properly armed.

Fiddler
08-13-2006, 11:07 AM
You're right, they are a great group of guys! I have to make it out to shoot a match one of these days, but I'd be most comfortable with my Beretta Storm. Are you planning to go back soon, Greg?

sprink
08-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Hoping to go back next month.

Fiddler
08-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I have a CPL class the same date as the match next month. It's been set since January and I wasn't really thinking about the matches at that time. Maybe October for me, though!