PDA

View Full Version : NFA pisses me off!

HemiChallenger
12-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Look what you can get for $1,500, but only to a class 3 or law enforcement agency:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/970014769/Guns/Rifles/Class-3-Rifles/Class-3-Dealer-Law-Enf-Only/H_K_MP5_A3_Sub_Machine_gun.htm

dougwg
12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Repeal the NFA!

PDinDetroit
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Repeal the NFA!

Can you say "Equal Protection Under Law"?

I guess we have a "different class" of people here in the USA...

Tedfs
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
If you really want to be pissed off about the NFA, read Unintended Consequences.

kpearce
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
If you really want to be pissed off about the NFA, read Unintended Consequences.

THIS!!!!! This book should be required reading for all in high school.

BlueWing
12-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Full auto AR's don't cost much more then a semi auto AR in the same brands.
It is the LAW that causes the prices for OLD auto's you can own unless your a police department, class 3 dealer or with the Feds.
Look at all the other countries in the world where they allow there citizens to own full auto firearms.
I take it those countries trust there citizens much more then the politicians do here in the USA!!!
Just think how SICK those who own old auto firearms would feel if they changed the law. Now there $15 grand auto would be worth less then a thousand.

Tedfs
12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Full auto AR's don't cost much more then a semi auto AR in the same brands.
It is the LAW that causes the prices for OLD auto's you can own unless your a police department, class 3 dealer or with the Feds.
Look at all the other countries in the world where they allow there citizens to own full auto firearms.
I take it those countries trust there citizens much more then the politicians do here in the USA!!!
Just think how SICK those who own old auto firearms would feel if they changed the law. Now there $15 grand auto would be worth less then a thousand.

I don't think the pre 86 MG would drop in price to current market value, they would hold some sort of historic value and
be worth more but certainly not what they are going for right now.

If the government really wanted to make some cash, they would reopen the MG registry. If you lived in a state that allowed
MG you could make your own after paying the tax and getting approved.

We used to be able to do that before they closed the registry, if you were approved , live in a "free state" and paid your tax of course.

I can not justify spending 17k - 20k on a firearm even if I had the money, I would however be all over the registry being reopened.

HemiChallenger
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't think the pre 86 MG would drop in price to current market value, they would hold some sort of historic value and
be worth more but certainly not what they are going for right now.

If the government really wanted to make some cash, they would reopen the MG registry. If you lived in a state that allowed
MG you could make your own after paying the tax and getting approved.

We used to be able to do that before they closed the registry, if you were approved , live in a "free state" and paid your tax of course.

I can not justify spending 17k - 20k on a firearm even if I had the money, I would however be all over the registry being reopened.

I like your opinion. And honestly it would be a good thing. If you want full auto you have to pay the tax and pay for the gunsmithing or do it yourself.

Full auto firearms arent good for much except fun, in my opinion. It would be fun to have a full auto .22 or 9x19 firearm that's cheap to feed and easy to shoot.

What countries can you freely own MG's like any old rifle or handgun?

trapdoorman
12-04-2011, 11:17 PM
We should all take note of who was President and allowed the ban to go into affect in Nov. 1986.

Thanks a lot Ronald Reagan!

Not all Republicans can be trusted to do the right thing. Sometimes it just comes down to the lesser of two evils in office.

Where is the NRA and other gun rights groups on this issue anyway?

rjrivero
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
We should all take note of who was President and allowed the ban to go into affect in Nov. 1986.

Thanks a lot Ronald Reagan!

Not all Republicans can be trusted to do the right thing. Sometimes it just comes down to the lesser of two evils in office.

Where is the NRA and other gun rights groups on this issue anyway?
Lesser of two evils is right. Remember, the late 70's and early 80's were very difficult years for the 2A supporters. Regan wasn't as "Beloved" as he is now that his presidency is looked back on with some clarity of hindsight.

The NFA originally included HANDGUNS. The NRA fought to remove them from the grasp of the NFA. Could you imagine paying a $200 Transfer Tax on every HANDGUN purchase?

The NFA

amontana086
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
That would be the easiest 1500 id ever spent