PDA

View Full Version : Hillsdale CPL Class September 9th

appliancebrad
08-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Told our Under Sheriff that I'd post this around the Michigan sites. Our local department has been on board since the beginning. They do a good job at a reasonable price.

September 9th
8-5 p.m.
One day course presented by the Hillsdale Co Sheriff Department
Cost for Hillsdale County Residents $75
All out of County Michigan Residents $100
prepayment required at the:
Hillsdale County Sheriff Department
165 West Fayette Street
Hillsdale, Michigan 49242
517-437-7317 ext 247

Divegeek
08-15-2006, 05:49 AM
I took my class from them, back when I got my CPL. At the time it was a Hillsdale City and County venture, but no it is just run by the Sheriff due to politics. But I digress. The class met all the requirements of the law and was well run. The instructors were knowledgable and friendly. Our class was suppose to be a one day class, but due to a thunderstorm we had to come back a second afternoon. They will do the shooting portion outdoors in the rain, but not if there is lightning. They don't cover a lot in the way of tactics and skills other than the basics so it would be a good idea to seek additional training afterwards if you take this class. Then again everybody could probably use a second class afterwards.

Fiddler
08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
They don't cover a lot in the way of tactics and skills other than the basics so it would be a good idea to seek additional training afterwards if you take this class. Then again everybody could probably use a second class afterwards.

Amen to that!

appliancebrad
08-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Pam and I took their class as it was the easiest for us to get to. That was back in the days when it was a joint venture. It's very basic in terms of range experience but it meets the requirements for a CPL. I also will echo the need for additional training to be competent. It is not a fault of the trainers but rather what one can and cannot do in the framework of the NRA class and the time limits of a 1 day class.

Renegade
08-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I took my class with them too.

One of the deputies stated in the class that I took they were there to teach us what we had to know and have to obtain our cpl's.

They did just that.

It is a good class at a great price.

Maranatha
08-20-2006, 01:49 PM
That's a Great Deal for Hillsdale County residence.