PDA

View Full Version : Home Rolling an AR15

Mike Kelly
08-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Two questions;

1. Does anyone know a couple of places you can pick up used or unused slick side A1 uppers?

2. Is there still an issue with ATF busting people for having the wrong kind of bolt carrier in thier AR15's? I'm kind of wanting to get a bolt carrier without the serrations on the side, but those are usually from the old style M16's and I don't want to run afould of the law.

Brian
08-16-2006, 01:57 AM
If no one can help here sign up on ar15.com and look around the boards. Those folks usually know what's up.

Mike Kelly
08-16-2006, 05:59 AM
If no one can help here sign up on ar15.com and look around the boards. Those folks usually know what's up.

Yeah, I found some stuff there. I was looking to see if there was any additional information to be found.

karcent
08-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Try Sarco for the early upper, or Rays Surplus in Warren, although I haven't seen him at the shows in a while.
I have been told that the M16 bolt carriers are no longer an issue, but I do not have that in writing.

Mike Kelly
08-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Try Sarco for the early upper, or Rays Surplus in Warren, although I haven't seen him at the shows in a while.
I have been told that the M16 bolt carriers are no longer an issue, but I do not have that in writing.

Thanks. If I can find it in writing someplace, I'll post it here.