PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: MGO announces affiliation of Capitol City Rifle Club

Knimrod
08-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Michigan Gun Owners Announces Affiliation of Capitol City Rifle Club
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 15th, 2006

Mike Thiede
877-ASK-MGO1
info@migunowners.org

Michigan Gun Owners today announced the affiliation of the Capitol City Rifle Club, another of Michigan’s premier gun clubs. "With the affiliation of the Capitol City Rifle Club, Michigan Gun Owners has significantly expanded its membership base in one fell swoop which will better allow it to aggressively pursue its firearm rights agenda.” said President Mike Thiede.

Michigan Gun Owners was established in 2002 with the mission to educate the public and encourage grass roots activism on a state-wide level through various outreach programs and a popular community forum on the Internet. Michigan Gun Owners has become Michigan’s fastest growing, grass roots gun rights advocacy organization.

The Capitol City Rifle Club, located in Williamston, MI, calls itself the “most complete shooting club in central Michigan” and hosts many different rifle and pistol matches including Civilian Marksmanship Programs.

To learn more about this affiliation and Michigan Gun Owners, please visit http://www.migunowners.org .

###

Link to press release (http://www.migunowners.org/pub/MGO_PR_081506.pdf)

Scoop
08-16-2006, 05:35 PM
What does an "affiliation" mean, exactly?

R/T Performance
08-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I was just looking into joining there .I have made one IDPA match there .
Nice friendly place to shoot8)

Scoop
08-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I was just looking into joining there .I have made one IDPA match there .
Nice friendly place to shoot8)I'm still waiting for one of the MGO staff members to answer my question ... :poke:

Tallbear
08-18-2006, 01:37 PM
We have agreed to help each other in different ways throughout the year.

If you think your club may be interested, we can make a presentation to the board.

Done Deal
08-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Cool, affiliations mean strength in numbers while still maintaining autonomy.

banjobart
08-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Members of a MGO affiliated club get a MGO membership dues discount so this helps MGO grow for a stronger voice in the capitol. MGO can also spread the word that an affiliated club is a good organization to join, too. At least that's the way I see it.

Thanks, Bart, CCRC Prez