PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Red Dot

StumpJumper
12-09-2011, 12:04 PM
A couple months ago I bought a bushnell 8moa red dot for my ar 15. Ever since than I have had nothing but problems with it holding zero and staying on. Last week I called Bushnell about it and explaned to them that I don't have 4-6 weeks for them to screw around with my scope. They sent me a ups label via email and as soon as the tracking number was scanned into ups's system they sent my new upgraded model. Even though the first one was obviously a lemon they stood behind their product and made things right. This weekend I will take it out and see if it is any better but as far as customer service I'M IMPRESSED and will continue to do buisness with them

tote'ngranny
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Just got an email from Midway with Bushnells on sale as well as the AR red dot. Read the reviews .. not that great. Obviously, you get what you pay for.

TAC
12-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Myself, and a buddy of mine have been very satisfeid with the Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot:

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/reddot/731303/

mikee1973
12-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Myself, and a buddy of mine have been very satisfeid with the Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot:

http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes/riflescopes/reddot/731303/
+1 had one on my sig 522, currently have one on the ultimak rail on my AK47. No issues

durwood
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Just got one and not happy. Its not 3MOA unless turned down to 1. Otherwise it covers 8x11 paper at 50 yards. How do yours look if on 6?

TAC
12-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Just got one and not happy. Its not 3MOA unless turned down to 1. Otherwise it covers 8x11 paper at 50 yards. How do yours look if on 6?

Mine is small and very well defined. I haven't performed any formal testing however. Maybe yours is defective.

M5NSX
12-09-2011, 10:17 PM
A Micro Aimpoint T-1 or H-1 is your friend!!

rambro
12-10-2011, 01:15 AM
what are you guys shooting it on? I am looking at getting my first red dot, i am going to buy a nice aimpoint or trijicon rmr for my ak and maybe my FAL, but i would like to put a few cheap red dots on some other stuff. Namely a primary arms, vortex, or bushnell on my 22s. And a burris on my shotty.

Are these cheap bushnells pretty long lived on something low powered like a 22, or is it simply a luck of the draw thing, they just randomly die after so many hours and you send them in?

TAC
12-10-2011, 07:05 AM
REVIEW: Bushnell TRS-25: High Performance Micro Red Dot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLOd1jHz8E

StumpJumper
12-10-2011, 02:02 PM
All mine says is 730135 for the model number.

I have been on many different forums for many different topics and its always the same commitment to certain products. There are always the elite products that most people can't afford to get that everyone knows are the best.

My personal situation is that my Bushmaster came with a red dot and it was junk Bushnell sent me an upgraded version for free. I'm happy with my new scope for what I need it for.

rambro
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
All mine says is 730135 for the model number.

I have been on many different forums for many different topics and its always the same commitment to certain products. There are always the elite products that most people can't afford to get that everyone knows are the best.

My personal situation is that my Bushmaster came with a red dot and it was junk Bushnell sent me an upgraded version for free. I'm happy with my new scope for what I need it for.

i wouldnt say they are junk. I have held then, and seen them, and have had and used other bushnell products over the years. Not top shelf stuff unless you arer talking bushnell elite scopes, those are very good and good value.

I doubt yours is junk. NCstar is junk. Many barska's i see are quite junky.

I would say this bushnell is probably "good" not a world beater, but then it only costs $95.

durwood
12-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Its not 3MOA. The Brightness selector 1-11 determines its MOA according to description at Amazon. This item has been fraudulently advertised. It be okay if "three" was sufficient to see on a sunny day-but its not.