PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Holster

GregK
12-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I just picked one of these up & I got a little lucky as this model is built to fit both my Ruger SR9C & my Glock 39. You find a position that you want to wear it in as an IWB holster. It is very comfy & stays put. I have been wearing mine around the house first just to try it & I really like the 4 o'clock position. I was told that should the "tacky" outside become reduced over time, just spray it with Windex. If you have any problems, they are lifetime warranty. They also make pocket holsters & a new ankle strap system that uses the holsters that they make so you can carry different guns.

I will post more as I get some experience with this holster.

wojo
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I am a new member here and have done alot of reading, just not much posting. Just wanted to add I have been using a sticky holster for my glock 19 for the past month. Its the most comfortabel IWB I have ever used. I forget it is there (4 O'clock, no belt). Pretty much stays put all day. I definitely reccommend trying it, cant go wrong for +/-$30,

RevDerb
02-03-2012, 06:50 AM
An interesting concept that I would certainly like to see and try in person before spending any more money on holsters. Thanks for sharing it. :thumbup:

unclejoe
02-03-2012, 07:41 AM
I have a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster . . . has 'sticky' coating, wouldn't use it for IWB though . . .

Dabears!
02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I have a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster . . . has 'sticky' coating, wouldn't use it for IWB though . . .
this

JohnJak
02-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Does the Sticky have some type of mechanical clamp?

steve581581
02-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I made something very similar to that for myself out of a rubber fabric I found lined with an old tshirt. I use it 85% of the time. Very thin, can be positioned anywhere, and sticks to my clothes to the point where when I take it off it untucks my shirt.

unclejoe
02-04-2012, 04:12 PM
. . . interesting . . .

unclejoe
02-04-2012, 04:17 PM
What if you have to go to the bathroom? You know, #2 . . . poopy?:shock:

wojo
02-04-2012, 04:50 PM
No mechanical fastners needed. The fabric creates a secure grip between your shirt and pants. I use mine without a belt. For the #2 issue, grab the holster when you drop um and set it in your drawers of an the TP holder.

Dabears!
02-04-2012, 05:43 PM
No mechanical fastners needed. The fabric creates a secure grip between your shirt and pants. I use mine without a belt. For the #2 issue, grab the holster when you drop um and set it in your drawers of an the TP holder.
you set your gun ontop of the tp holder????????????

thats just bad
ill take a holster that wont slide off me

heyyoustoopid
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPMT3XjdgwQ

Like a Remora holster.

wojo
02-04-2012, 07:17 PM
From what I understand, the remora holster is basically the same thing. Like I said before the holster will not fall off or move. I prefer comfort over what I have to do with it while in the john. Everbody has their own priorities though.

woody-99
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
The superfly doesn't even stay in a pocket when you draw the gun. I have been using a sticky brand holster for my J-frame for over a year. It's a great holster for any position.

silverado
02-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Just to clarify..The Remora is not at all like the "Sticky" holster. The outside non-slip rubber is completely different, as is the inner foam. The Remora also has many different styles of holsters.

Gun-Guru
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
These holsters stay put, are comfortable, affordable (under $25), and have a lifetime guarantee. I thoroughly tested their LCP/Kel-tec and the LCR Revolver holsters. I was so impressed, I added them to my unique product line. http://www.gun-guides.com

Dabears!
02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
These holsters stay put, are comfortable, affordable (under $25), and have a lifetime guarantee. I thoroughly tested their LCP/Kel-tec and the LCR Revolver holsters. I was so impressed, I added them to my unique product line. http://www.gun-guides.com
what is your thorough testing?

DJ_Mid MI.
02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I never had a Sticky Holster, but I'll never get rid of my Remora Holster (www.remoraholstes.com), they also have a lifetime warranty and if your holster ever looses it's tackiness you can wash the entire holster with warm dishwater and let dry. Check out the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0CzP1y5hk&feature=related

MLG
03-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I have a REMORA for my SIG P238 and Kahr PM9 "Sticky" Holster.

I used the Desantis SuperFly but have to say I really like the REMORA much better. I was truly skeptical about IWB without a mechanical clip but it has not been an issue.

The company has a great reputation for customer satisfaction and a return it if you don't like it policy.

I couldn't be more pleased.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Max

Claymore308
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Picked up one for my J Frame and it dosent move, also very comfortable for an apendix carry.

DJ_Mid MI.
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Picked up one for my J Frame and it dosent move, also very comfortable for an
apendix carry.

So did you buy a Remora or Sticky?

GadsdenGalt
04-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I have a REMORA for my SIG P238 and Kahr PM9 "Sticky" Holster.

I used the Desantis SuperFly but have to say I really like the REMORA much better. I was truly skeptical about IWB without a mechanical clip but it has not been an issue.

The company has a great reputation for customer satisfaction and a return it if you don't like it policy.

I couldn't be more pleased.

Max

I went shooting at a range in Fl and they had a ton of these sticky holsters. I tried one, and for me, there is no comparison. The Remora is one of my favorite holsters. Mine have the stiffener and the sweat shield.