PDA

View Full Version : Caboodle Shoot September 23

banjobart
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Saturday, September 23 Capitol City Rifle Club located three miles north of Williamston, MI will host the last Caboodle Shoot of 2006. This is a fun shoot like the old time amusement park shooting gallery. It is fun for all with a 9mm/38 Special or larger pistol, revolver or carbine.

Bring four-six mags or speedloaders and 300 rounds of ammo, although the course can be completed with 150 rounds if you do not miss. The course consists of 50 steel targets and 50 cardboard targets. Best two hits on paper score. Steel must fall to score.

We shoot two runs, on at 9 AM and one at Noon. You may shoot either or both. Cost is $20 for nonmembers and $10 for CCRC members. We will give a plaque for first place in each IDPA division; ESP, CDP, SSP, ESR, SSR plus OPEN and PCC. Ribbons are awarded in every class.

For more info visit;

www.ccrifleclub.org

lee
09-02-2006, 05:07 PM
What a bunch of sickos. Shooting poor innocent caboodles. They're soft ,loving, ---heck --man's best friend. And you guys make an event to shoot the poor darlings. I'm advising all my PETA friends including Pamela Anderson about this and by God , we'll be there , we'll be there.

Jerry
09-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Saturday, September 23 Capitol City Rifle Club located three miles north of Williamston, MI will host the last Caboodle Shoot of 2006. This is a fun shoot like the old time amusement park shooting gallery. It is fun for all with a 9mm/38 Special or larger pistol, revolver or carbine.

Bring four-six mags or speedloaders and 300 rounds of ammo, although the course can be completed with 150 rounds if you do not miss. The course consists of 50 steel targets and 50 cardboard targets. Best two hits on paper score. Steel must fall to score.

We shoot two runs, on at 9 AM and one at Noon. You may shoot either or both. Cost is $20 for nonmembers and $10 for CCRC members. We will give a plaque for first place in each IDPA division; ESP, CDP, SSP, ESR, SSR plus OPEN and PCC. Ribbons are awarded in every class.

For more info visit;

www.ccrifleclub.org

Sounds like fun, but I can not find any mention of this shoot on the website....

JR

Maranatha
09-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Its listed on the Calendar under the IDPA shoot for September 23rd.,

Jerry
09-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Its listed on the Calendar under the IDPA shoot for September 23rd.,

Uhh Yeah..... I saw that but I was looking for what the course of fire was:)

And there is no mention of this shoot on the main page to catch the interest of someone new to the shoot (site).

JR

Maranatha
09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
they don't publish a course of fire, bring lots of ammo, there should lots of steel.

its more for Fun than anything else

banjobart
09-07-2006, 08:49 AM
The Caboodle Shoots get listed as IDPA matches, although they really are not. The course of fire includes a total of 50 steel targets and 50 paper targets, which require two hits. The targets are arranged on six different ranges. Each of the six ranges require 24 rounds minimum. The targets are about 10 yards away and some swing or turn. It is a lot like IPSC.

Jerry
09-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Do I need to sign up in advance or just show up?

Thanks...JR

Maranatha
09-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Show up about 8:30 to sign up, I try to get there about 8:15 so I have extra time to talk to friends.

Jerry
09-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Will this shoot be rain or shine?

And is there cover from the rain if does?

:)

JR

KayL
09-22-2006, 09:24 PM
CCRC has small rain shelters at several of the bays, and a long roofline over the 25-50-100 line firing points. Come prepared for any weather. We shoot rain or shine. Lunch served about 11-11:30. No concealment necessary for the Caboodle, but bring all your mags and plenty of ammo. There's lots of steel. See you tomorrow.

Jerry
09-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Well I finally got to shoot a Caboodle Match!

Had a really great time!

The rain held off long enough for the morning shoot...I dont know about the afternoon shoot as I had to leave after the morning match.

Sure did waste alot of ammo though....:)

I will be back with more next time! :fa:

Thanks Guys....JR

KayL
09-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Jerry, you should have said hi as I was checking you in!

We had a great Caboodle and the weather missed us until it was over. Next month is the last regular match of the season.

KayL