PDA

View Full Version : New Club To Offer Action Pistol Shooting

Smokepole
09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
We now offer a 15 automatic trap Sporting Clays course, a new Cowboy Action Shooting chapter, and the rifle pistol range is done!
...And, we haven't even been in business six months yet!

Now......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction to USPSA pistol shooting

Are you bored with the same old paper target and pop can shooting you have been doing for years? Are you ready to take pistol shooting to a new level? How about stopping by the Chain O’ Lakes Sportsman’s Club for an introduction to the action shooting sport USPSA?

More information on USPSA shooting can be found at www.USPSA.org
Visit www.colsc.org for a map to the club.

When: September 16, 2006 at 10:00 am

Where: Chain O’ Lakes Sportsman’s Club

Cost: FREE!!!

What to bring:

Eye and ear protection
A good working firearm, autoloader or double action revolver, preferably 9mm or larger caliber
A strong hand side holster to wear on a belt (if you have one)
Magazine or revolver speed loaders for your belt (if you have them)
At least 100 rounds of ammunition, (bring more if you want to shoot more)
3 magazines/speed loaders (if you have them)
A pen or pencil, and a pad of paper for taking notes
A comfortable camp chair (while class discussion is underway)

We will start in a “classroom” type setting, covering all of the safety aspects of the sport, as well as the different divisions, types of equipment used, scoring and how to get started shooting in USPSA.
After class, we will have demonstrations on shooting the scenario based shooting, and all of you will have the opportunity to try this shooting for yourself!!

The class will run rain or shine, and will be held at an outdoor facility, so please come prepared.

Contact information:

Brian Kroll - bsk1@torchlake.com
231-267-9422
Chain O’ Lakes Sportsman’s Club

Jeff LaFave – jlafave@mich.com
517-404-1908
Michigan Section Coordinator
Livingston Gun Club V.P.

Cameron Lange – clange7472@wowway.com
313-657-4699

Tallbear
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Great job Brian!!! Hope to make it up your way soon.

R/T Performance
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Dang you guy are way north of me

Smokepole
09-17-2006, 08:24 AM
The photos!
USPSA Photos (http://www.colsc.org/Graphics/IPSC_Class/index.html)

banjobart
10-13-2006, 01:24 PM
That was nice of you to host a Raccoon Hunters USPSA match since they lost access to their previous range. When will the next USPSA match be held at COLSC?

Smokepole
10-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Organizing that now.
We have several new members with an interest in it, and some have their own props. Keep an eye on the website for developments.
...It was labeled as a "101" course for familiarization purposes.

banjobart
10-15-2006, 07:20 PM
...Labeled as a USPSA 101 course but the match scores appear as a Raccoon Hunters match result at the www.uspsa.org website under "local match results".

sprink
10-15-2006, 08:01 PM
rumor has it that these matches will be at LGC. go figure.........

Kimber45
10-16-2006, 05:03 AM

They will be. I was at the October LGC member meeting and the membership voted to have the Racoon Hunters USPSA groups join with SEMPS. We'll be having multiple USPSA matches and special classifiers at LGC.

Kimber45

They will be. I was at the October LGC member meeting and the membership voted to have the Racoon Hunters USPSA groups join with SEMPS. We'll be having multiple USPSA matches and special classifiers at LGC.

Kimber45

Kimber45

Kimber45

Kimber45

Roger Roney
10-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Congrats, Kimber45/John! You just set a new record of FIVE "double posts!"

It will probably be corrected before most of you see it, :lol: but at 6:45 a.m. this morning, posts #9, 10, 11, 12 13, and 14;

rumor has it that these matches will be at LGC. go figure.........They will be. I was at the October LGC member meeting and the membership voted to have the Racoon Hunters USPSA groups join with SEMPS. We'll be having multiple USPSA matches and special classifiers at LGC.are/were identical! :lol::lol:

Roger

Kimber45
10-16-2006, 06:24 AM
Congrats, Kimber45/John! You just set a new record of FIVE "double posts!"

It will probably be corrected before most of you see it, :lol: but at 6:45 a.m. this morning, posts #9, 10, 11, 12 13, and 14;
are/were identical! :lol::lol:

RogerThanks, but I can't take credit. I just hit send once and the computer gremlins took over. I would be happy to delete them but I can't be trusted to do that.

banjobart
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
But the Raccoon Hunters club is in Romulus, not Brighton or Mancelona and the guys that formerly ran USPSA matches at Raccoon Hunters have had their Raccoon Hunters membership revoked. How can they be running Raccoon Hunters matches in Brighton when the Raccoon Hunters club and USPSA program are located in Romulus?

I am confused. How can one run a Raccoon Hunters match when one is not a Raccoon Hunters member and the match is not at the Raccoon Hunters club in Romulus?

Kimber45
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I am confused. How can one run a Raccoon Hunters match when one is not a Raccoon Hunters member and the match is not at the Raccoon Hunters club in Romulus?

Because the USPSA entities are separate from Racoon Hunters and are independent from them. Just as the Southeast Michigan Practical Shooters is the USPSA entity at LGC. The two Racoon Hunters USPSA entities are moving to LGC.

banjobart
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Raccoon Hunters USPSA program is the property of the Wayne Co. Raccoon Hunters Assn. in Romulus, so I am still confused. Would not a USPSA program belong to the host club that pays the program fees to USPSA HQ?

There is a new USPSA program starting at my home club, CCRC. The match directors are moving from another club, Chief O. The other club retains ownership of the program name, Chief O Practical Shooters, it is their property as they paid the fees. The new program at CCRC will have a new name as it is a new entity and has a new sponsor.

This discussion still does not addess how a Raccoon Hunters match was held 200 miles from both Romulus and Brighton.

Kimber45
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Raccoon Hunters USPSA program is the property of the Wayne Co. Raccoon Hunters Assn. in Romulus, so I am still confused. Would not a USPSA program belong to the host club that pays the program fees to USPSA HQ?

There is a new USPSA program starting at my home club, CCRC. The match directors are moving from another club, Chief O. The other club retains ownership of the program name, Chief O Practical Shooters, it is their property as they paid the fees. The new program at CCRC will have a new name as it is a new entity and has a new sponsor.

This discussion still does not addess how a Raccoon Hunters match was held 200 miles from both Romulus and Brighton.

I can't answer the question of the match up North. What I can say is what was discussed at the LGC members meeting. My understanding is that Cameron and Matt each are officers/owners of a USPSA entity that shoots at Racoon Hunters. They collect the fees and they pay them to USPSA under their program name. They are moving those two programs to LGC. That is the jist of the discusion that was held at the meeting. Jeff is Section Coordinator, he was there, he endorsed the move. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Smokepole
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't know if I can resolve this issue, whatever it is, or simply add to the confusion.
...I'm the Founding Chairman of the new Club up here, and I extended the invitation to Cameron, and Jeff, (Who's Matt?) in the hopes of getting organized Pistol started at the Club.
...This event was intended on our part to gauge the interest in starting IPSC at the COLSC.
...I'm not knowledgeable about the semantics, or the politics of this program, but I'm more than willing to try and resolve any lingering questions

banjobart
10-16-2006, 03:55 PM
I understand differently as to who paid the fees and owns the USPSA Raccoon Hunters name and entity. Always consider your source when discussing these matters. When something looks like a fish and smells like a fish then something fishy is going on. Why are there Raccoon Hunters match results posted at www.USPSA.org from September 16?

banjobart
10-16-2006, 04:03 PM
I think that this is a matter for the USPSA Board of Directors to discuss at their next meeting this weekend.

Kimber45
10-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I understand differently as to who paid the fees and owns the USPSA Raccoon Hunters name and entity. Always consider your source when discussing these matters. When something looks like a fish and smells like a fish then something fishy is going on. Why are there Raccoon Hunters match results posted at www.USPSA.org from September 16?

Again, from my understandig from our meeting. There are three entities at Racoon Hunters Club. The club and two separate USPSA programs housed at the club. Cameron and Matt each represent (control?) one of the USPSA entities. Cameron, Matt and Jeff all were at the meeting and it was clear from what they were saying that each of these programs would function separately from SEMPS - the LGC USPSA program.

Why were Racoon Hunters result posted at the USPSA site - don't know. My sources - Jeff, the section coordinator, Cameron and Matt.

banjobart
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Were there any representatives from the Wayne Co. Raccoon Hunters Assn. present to give their side of the story? Would they have a different opinion as to the ownership of the Raccoon Hunters name and USPSA program? Again, consider your source.

Kimber45
10-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Were there any representatives from the Wayne Co. Raccoon Hunters Assn. present to give their side of the story? Would they have a different opinion as to the ownership of the Raccoon Hunters name and USPSA program? Again, consider your source.

I have just learned that the Racoon Hunters USPSA programs have officially changed their names to Livingston Acton Shooters and Great Lakes Steel with USPSA and they will be shooting out of Livingston Gun Club.

If any representatives of Racoon Hunters take issue then, as you suggest, they can take it up with USPSA. Understand too, that I'm not on anybody's side I'm just reporting what I heard and what I've been told.

keyjockey
10-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I believe that the "Raccoon Hunters" name is just a reference at this point. Cameron mentioned that the name would be changing just as soon as they could come up with a better one. I'm guessing that the legal ownership of the name belongs to the Romulus club.

They are still USPSA club #MIxxx (105 or 106 I think) and the name will eventually be changed.