PDA

View Full Version : Silencer Wait times.

Revdrshad
01-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Ok, I know the wait fron the ATF can be extensive, but has anyone dealt with long wait times from manufacturers? What is the average time frame from manufacturer to dealer, a few weeks? Is one company significantly easier to deal with? Thanks everyone!

rjrivero
01-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Ok, I know the wait fron the ATF can be extensive, but has anyone dealt with long wait times from manufacturers? What is the average time frame from manufacturer to dealer, a few weeks? Is one company significantly easier to deal with? Thanks everyone!
The "norm" is about 3 weeks for the Form 3's from Mfg to dealer. However they have been running longer than that lately. Upwards around 6 weeks from what I hear.

If the distributor has them in stock, it really makes no difference where you get them from. Major Malfunction is an online distributor for a lot of companies.

rickettsj
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
if you are looking to buy, try to find a dealer with the suppressor in stock. it shaves off some time. but normally its only 2-3 weeks MAX from dealer to dealer. as long as the sending dealer doesn't drag ass on submitting the paperwork.

www.innovativeindustries.com is an AAC, Gemtech, and Tactical Innovations dealer, i know he has those in stock, he showed them to me. :cheers:

rjrivero
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
if you are looking to buy, try to find a dealer with the suppressor in stock. it shaves off some time. but normally its only 2-3 weeks MAX from dealer to dealer. as long as the sending dealer doesn't drag ass on submitting the paperwork.

www.innovativeindustries.com is an AAC, Gemtech, and Tactical Innovations dealer, i know he has those in stock, he showed them to me. :cheers:
Things haven't been "normal." It's taking a lot longer for form 3's to go through lately. 6 weeks isn't unheard of lately.

Joeywhat
01-05-2012, 04:56 PM
1-2 months from manufacturer to dealer is about normal right now.

medic21
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm a Class 3 in northern MI and I get Gemtech products in 4-5 weeks after placing an order. I have heard from industry sources that 5-7 weeks is not out of the ordinary. Sort of off the track but related is a conversation I had with ATF today: the wait time is now (6) months after going pending.

Revdrshad
01-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks Everyone!
I was specifically thinking of Silencerco. I'll have to check and see whats in stock, and what my dealer tells me. I've heard rumors of 2-3 months from manufacturer's to dealer's. Especially for the bigger brand names.

TWS-Mike
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Wait times have been running about 3 weeks for us from distributor thru the ATF process.
With the holidays and now SHOT show taking precedence, I can seen another few weeks added into the mix at the MFG, DIST level.