PDA

View Full Version : Deer is Tagged...Now what?

joen
09-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Under DNR regs, one may not possess a rifle or shotgun(w/slugs) where wild game frequent, during the firearm deer season without a valid kill tag. Something like that anyway. OK. So I've rolled one over and immediately tagged it according to the regs. In so doing, I no longer have a valid kill tag. So how do I get my rifle out of the woods - legally? Logic says to unload and open the action but we'd still be in POSSESSION without a valid kill tag.

Tank
09-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Under DNR regs, one may not possess a rifle or shotgun(w/slugs) where wild game frequent, during the firearm deer season without a valid kill tag. Something like that anyway. OK. So I've rolled one over and immediately tagged it according to the regs. In so doing, I no longer have a valid kill tag. So how do I get my rifle out of the woods - legally? Logic says to unload and open the action but we'd still be in POSSESSION without a valid kill tag.

Leave it and call me so I can come find a new gun in the woods!:lolup:

greenjg
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Your tag is still valid, but used. You take the deer and gun out at the same time. Don't go back in with out an unused valid tag.

At least that's my take on it.

Done Deal
09-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Nothing to worry about but...a good reason to have a combo tag.

One opening morning a guy at our place dropped a buck at first light. Fortunately it was still alive cuz a CO swooped down out of nowhere and popped him for hunting from an elevated position (a hill----charge later dismissed). His buck was not dead so he didn't get a ticket for not tagging it but, as soon as he capped it and tagged he had to unload his guns and go to town and get another license.

That worked for me cuz my wife shot a nice buck at 285 yards coming out to check the buck that was down in the other field. That wouldn't have happened earlier as the darned CO was there for over an hour....