PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block

Garbo
09-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Howdy all, just waiving a hand here as a new member. I found this site/group very usefull and informative over the past several months so I decided to join. Been a hunter / fisherman all my life, recent CPL holder and been into handguns a little over a year now and learning more every day. Member at the fireing line and there almost every friday @ lunchtime (cant practice enough). Self empoled real estate appraiser is my profession and plan to retire in oh,,,, 25-30 years now (glass is half full).

If anyone out there has any tips for me,,, yesterday I opened up my pop up blind to air it out,, has carbon scent lock the whole 9 years,,, only missing a recliner and plasma screen but thats next,, anyway, about 10 mintes later my wife lets my dogs out and both go right to it an lift a leg, ugggg, needles to say I almost made my first kill of the season there but after restraining myself I decided to ask around about what is best to remove this if anything at all.

Thank You
Dave

Ed Hoffman
09-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi
Welcome . I see you're from Livonia. Just wondering if you ever make it up to the Firing Line in Westland.

Again, welcome.

Ed

Garbo
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Yes I do,, almost every Friday, tryically with a buddy or sometime on my own. Close out the week with a bang if you will.

Dave

Maranatha
09-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Come and Join us out at Island lake on Saturday for some Clay Busting

Garbo
09-17-2006, 07:21 PM
would absolutly love to however my sons 2nd b-day party is saturday, ,, what are the hours out there and days??? i have a 10 year old that just passed her hunter safety class and wants to do some small game,, need to get her out there to practice a bit tho

glockgirl
09-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Welcome!!!

sprink
09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome Garbo. No advice about the dog pee, but at the same time, I might say it'll be OK. Deer are attracted to the strangest things.