PDA

View Full Version : gunzilla

camaro1776
01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Well ordered this gunzilla cleaner from cheaper than dirt. After shooting a few hundred rounds of wolf through my AK47 I cleaned the rifle with this gunzilla and it worked great. Is it better then hoppes or bore blast? Idk but it cleaned just as well for me and it didn't smell or burn my hands(have really bad dry hands in this weather) Now it says its a lube too but I still put a little oil just in case.
Also cleaned my 1911 with 200 rounds of remington through it and it was a breeze, didn't even need to scrub just applied gunzilla to my swab and cleaned. Didn't harm the grips or laser, note I didn't intentionally clean them but some did get on them.
So in short if you want a odorless (I didn't smell it anyway) less harsh cleaner give it a shot, I will buy it again for sure.

Tallbear
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
And it's a Michigan company.

afolk83
01-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I love the stuff, it works great and yeah its a Michigan product.

GregK
01-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I've used Gunzilla & Super Quick Clean Guns. SQCG is also a Michigan made product.....Grand Rapids to be exact. After using both on hanguns, long guns, & muzzleloaders, I prefer SQCG. Seems to be a little better as a cleaner, but you can't go wrong with either & you're supporting Michigan economy!

turbolag23
01-17-2012, 09:21 AM
I've been using gunzilla for the past few months as well. while i dont clean handguns too often i've been impressed with it so far.

TAC
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Centennial Arms, in Marine City carrys Gunzilla. Kurt (the owner) is here on MGO under the name of karcent.

RevDerb
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
But I love the smell of Hoppe's #9! :rofl:

JimSig
01-17-2012, 12:54 PM
where can I find it ? is it sold in stores?

Tallbear
01-17-2012, 12:56 PM

http://www.gunzilla.us/

ImJin Scout
01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
I use it all the time it is great stuff, you can also get it at CQT in Shelby Twp, they carry it also

JimSig
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
http://www.gunzilla.us/

Thanks.. Ordered the 1.9 oz sprayer bottle to try it.

1AssToRisk
01-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I am on a county tactical team and we use Gunzilla on all our weapons. i think it does a great job on cleaning them. I dont think its a great lubricant.

After a month of the weapons being stored and pulled out for training etc. They will be very dry. I would suggest lubing your weapons per factory instructions with a quality lube like SLiP 2000 EWL.

forrest0872
01-20-2012, 12:22 AM
GunZilla is pretty good stuff!!!!!

We have their products @ Schupbach's In Jackson.

forrest -

Bo Beaver
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Ive been using Gunzilla for a couple years now. Im very satisfied with it as a cleaner,especially for carbon fouling, but Ive had better luck with other products for lubrication.

JBachman
04-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Folks... I have been bouncing all over looking for the perfect firearms maintenance program for ME. I have literally tried just about every product out there. For some reason, I keep coming back to Gunzilla. I was so put off by what I am about to say, as the following is what I was told repeatedly by fellow Gunzilla users, as well as Mr. Kettles... "It just works". I had a real hard time just going along with "it just works". I have several pistols, shottys, and rifles and as I said before, I used everything. I always went with the high-tech Teflon super slipery patented military wonder oil that has passed every ASTM test out there. I tried Gunzilla and I was impressed with it's cleaning abilities... but was a little leery of relying on it as a lube.

As those of you have used it, know it is thin - very thin. I tried it first in an M&P 40. Cleaned and lubed it with Gunzilla, went to the range and sent about 200 rounds - no problems. wiped it down and put her away. about three weeks later, no additional application of Gunzilla, another 150-200 rounds. Again, no problems. I sent a total of 800 rounds with one application and no issues. After a field strip and cleaning - no visible signs of accelerated wear or galling. Next victim was a SIG 229. I kept reading everywhere that you HAVE to use grease on the rails of a SIG. I coated the SIG in Gunzilla and went about my normal shooting and cleaning regimen. I am at about 1,200 rounds and absolutely NO wear on the rails. Is this a definitive scientific test? Nope. Just my experience - It just works.

TAC
04-14-2012, 05:04 PM

MGO member Karcent aka; Kurt, sells it at his Marine City, MI gun shop.

Ruger
04-14-2012, 06:30 PM
"It just works" and its easy on the hands! Great stuff. :thup:

dpgperftest
04-14-2012, 07:03 PM
And it's a Michigan company.
Now thats a reason to try it !!!! someone said they gave me a bottle but it disappeared :shiner:

RifleGuy
04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I've been using Gunzilla for about a year now; bought it from Karcent. (Awesome guy, BTW)
Perhaps not the best solvent/cleaner, but it works very well, better than many, and it doesn't stink up the house, or wreck my hands. :thumbup:

Brad55102
04-24-2012, 12:26 AM
But I love the smell of Hoppe's #9! :rofl:

I agree, the problem is my WIFE hates it..
Gunzilla solves that problem

yocan
05-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I've been using Gunzilla for about a year now; bought it from Karcent. (Awesome guy, BTW)
Perhaps not the best solvent/cleaner, but it works very well, better than many, and it doesn't stink up the house, or wreck my hands. :thumbup:
and it doesn't trash your kidneys.

great stuff. used on pistols and my 240, we got significantly less jams with it then we did with clp or militec

that said my eyes don't like it, I seem to get mist in my eyes first 4 or 5 shots out of my m4.... makes me squint, I only use it for cleaning now.

jackstan
05-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I bought a bottle of it from vendors row at camp Perry a few years ago . The representative assured me that it was an effective cleaner for corrosive ammo so I used it according to the directions . Everything looked right when I put it away and a day or so later when I checked the rifle it had rust beginning to take hold .

I got out the windex bottle and cleaned the rifle again with that and re-oiled and greased the rifle like always and the rust hasn't been back . With that in mind , I've returned to using soap and water for corrosive ammo and any good oil or grease for rust prevention .

Jack

JJ1989
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I've used it in: M16A2, Beretta M9, M98 Mauser, Keltec PF9, Mossberg 500, SKS Model D

It does a fine job of cleaning everything.

I did use it with corrosive 1954 Turkish 8mm in the mauser, no rust.

Now, as I said..it is GREAT for cleaning, really really good....BUT.

I tried using it on my M16 in a Marine Corps competition shoot and no matter how lightly I tried to put it on, no matter how much I tried to wipe it off...it would always shoot a spray right onto my ******* safety glasses...I'm trying to shoot in a competition..and I can't see. Water wouldn't get rid of it. I just kept getting new glasses, also due in part because I had such a short stockweld that the safety glasses kept getting hit by the rear sight aperature. I'd always shot that way, and prior wasn't required to wear safety glasses, and I'd never been hit in the eye and always shot expert.

It really is kind of messy, you can't wipe it off and it wont evaporate for what seems like forever.

It does do a good job cleaning though..that I can't deny..it makes keeping a weapon functional pretty easy..if you don't mind eye spray.

PS: If you're in the Lansing area - I've seen it sold at moose creek and classic arms.

chewy
06-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Ya, it's good stuff. We used it on our duty weapons and I've used it for a while on my full auto's and it just works great. We also have it at our shop if anyone in the area needs it.

langenc
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I wish Jays would carry it. They are very thin on their cleaning offerings.
A fellow gave me a jsr of it 3+ yrs ago. It is about gone and I picked up a spray bottle (pumper) last spring at Cincinatti. There are few dealers around.

I asked at Dick Williams last fall and they poo pooed it. Said I shpould use something that the US govt had spent millions on checking its effectiveness.