PDA

View Full Version : Range Review

fatman
01-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I wanted to give my opinion on Advanced Ranges in Burton,Mi. When i first saw that a indoor range was comming to our area a few years ago i was really excited since flint hasnt had a indoor range for a few years. Plus it was some other place to shoot other then Williams which would of been closer to me.

Well was i in for a disappointment, Advanced Ranges was a total let down from the front counter to the ranges that they offer. I found that some of the stuff i will leave him nameless a arrogant sob. Was talking to him about some products i needed my cc he was of no help and very rude stating that i should sell the firearm and get something a little more modern i had a old rossi 38 spl that was given to me that i wanted to use as a back up and was looking for either some moon clips or a speed loader and was looking for a iwb holster. They didnt have either and when i asked were i might be able to find some in the flint area he stated if we didnt carry them that he doesnt know. Well when i stated that they didnt have much in the way for a retail shop he got pretty bent. So i let it go.

When i was asking about some different classes they were offering he stated i had to go through there begginers class which was the to get the c p l, i told him that i already had my cpl and i wanted to take something a little more advanced, Then he went on trying to wow me with all his qualifications. I walked out and left.

I went back a couple of days latter to look at the range facility's them selves because on a few of the commericals i had seen they looked way cool. Well they are not all they are cracked up to be. The air rifle range looks more like a leaky cinder block dungeon that they want 5.00 something an hour to shoot in. For the pistol range it is 15.00 hr to shoot, why would i pay that when i can go to williams and pay 7.00 for all day.

While they are the only range i do know of around me that rents pistols and have some pretty cool targets. besides the one moron that i delt with the rest of the people there seemed nice.

Well thats pretty much it. I think in till the price comes way down or they go to a flat fee to shoot i will be taking my business else ware and that's ok with me and them im sure.

chadillac
01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't come near those guys either if that's how they are. Thanks for letting us know.

Standing in one spot and shooting a paper target has gotten a little boring for me. I tend to like outdoor ranges better for the fact that you can holster your gun or move and what not but there is a place for indoor ranges especially here in MI.