PDA

View Full Version : Interesting firearm

..DETROIT..
01-22-2012, 07:53 PM
I picked up a .380 Grendel P-10 from the GTC in mount clemens on saturday. It originally looked pretty crappy, but I got it for a pretty good deal. After retuning home, I brushed the outside of the barrel, smoothed the edges of the feed ramp and completely dissassembled, cleaned and oiled it. Once complete it looked good. It does not have a removable magazine. It holds 10+1 that have to be loaded from the top. Kinda weird. I believe it's the grandfather of the kel-tec design. It's a bit heavy and wide for a "pocket pistol". It has alot of recoil for such a little pistol. Could be the heavy slide, or the shape of the grip. Not sure. On the bad side, parts and service for this item is going to be hard to come by.

ductileiron98
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Found this for you if you havn't ? http://jtjersey.com/Grendel/grendel.htm

Jaws
01-22-2012, 11:41 PM
That thing is awesome. You can get "clips" for it and no one will correct you.

..DETROIT..
01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Found this for you if you havn't ? http://jtjersey.com/Grendel/grendel.htm
Thanks for the link. a total dissassembly looks rather complex on "paper". This might be one for a smith if I need to replace anything.

Imshootin
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
If it reminds you of a Kel-Tec, here's why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Kellgren

Vertebrah
01-25-2012, 01:14 AM
That thing is awesome. You can get "clips" for it and no one will correct you.

lmao

markjason
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Its such a great thing.

..DETROIT..
02-06-2012, 11:40 AM
I had just picked up the Grendel P-10 from a vendor at Gibraltors GnF show. A good friend of mine had been searching for one for some time now. So as soon as I saw it, I bought it. What are the chances? I was getting ready to rebuild this pistol as a gift for him. Not the pistol mind you, just the work. By the time I got to show him what I "found" i had already machined a new guide rod out of aluminum. He was in awe that I could find one so quickly. We discussed what other parts could be refinished, looked up more info, etc. One of the problems that seemed to plague this particular firearm was the frame cracking around the oversized trigger pin. Well, guess what? Yup. Upon further inspection this Grendel had a cracked frame. exactly where it was described in the other forums. It was impossible to see unless you had the slide locked back. The pressure caused the split to open slightly. What a bummer. So I went home to grab the reciept so I could contact the vendor and that's when I saw the "no refunds" on used guns stamp at the bottom. Uh oh. To be continued...

..DETROIT..
02-06-2012, 12:00 PM
okay, so the Grendel has a cracked frame, is used and the return policy on the reciept says "no refunds on used guns" "sold as is", you get the picture. I'm thinking, "iv'e only had this thing a few days, if I call him, maybe he'll understand". So, I call the number provided. It rings and rings and rings and then the fax answers. So I call later. Then the next day. A day later. Now i've had this gun for 5 days, now 6, 7, 8. Gotta turn in my RI-60. Okay, now it's been like 2 weeks. No GnF shows to speak of. Finally, I stumble across an alternate number on the web, while looking for other stuff, of course. I call the "new" number and get an answer. Woooh! I tell the vendor my story and he says... By the way, at this point I'm pretty sure i'm screwed. After all, i've had this gun in my possession for 2 weeks. I can only imagine what kind of "tool" he thinks I am. To be continued...

..DETROIT..
02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I call the vendor and explain my story. That "I called and no answer, no shows around" etc. He says, "no problem". He knows about his phone being down and he sees me at the shows often etc. "just bring it to the next Gibraltor show, or the Monroe show this weekend" he says. So I go to the Monroe show and meet him at his booth. I show him the firearm. He looks at it trying to find this crack. It took about 3 minutes and a magnifier to find it. He says, "okay, sorry about that. If I had seen it I wouldn't have sold it like that. do you want a trade?" Uh, yeah! I was just happy he understood. Unfortunately I have to say goodbye to the Grendel for now, I did pick up a taurus poly protector in a 38 special +P. By the way the vendor is Dennis from Mizisin Shooting Supply. Nice guy.

Shyster
02-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Nice to see the vendor stepping up on this one and doing the right thing.

atavanhalen
03-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Thats a bummer you had to sell, it looked pretty unique, it kinda looked like a micro desert eagle.

LightRazor10mm
10-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I had one these long time ago and it fell apart after 1000 plus rounds I only paid 80.00 bucks for it and just gave to a gunsmith it was ok??

RogueLeader
10-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Added this guy to my good dealer list.

Roundballer
10-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Please quit opening up these very old threads!

RogueLeader
10-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't even notice that. Just saw the the thread pop up and read it without looking at the dates. FWIW, it was an interesting read.