PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Hunt Today

Sigman
10-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Just got in from a morning hunt. Limit by 10am. Just started using this rifle at the beginning of the season. What a tack driver!! I hunt state land for these little guys. Me and my friend have taken over 40 so far this year in Pickney? recreation area on just a 1/2 mile mile stretch of road. Been hunting squirrels there for many years and limits are the norm. Some people dont want to hunt there but that makes me more than happy! Just thought I would share. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/siggman/hunt

Maranatha
10-08-2006, 01:23 PM
how do you Cook em

Sigman
10-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Sometimes just a stew. But I like em fried. Put them in a pressure cooker for about 7min after it reaches full pressure. Then roll them in dry Drakes batter and fry them, Pressure cooker makes them very tender but no too much. Then if you like make a gravy after frying, throw them back in and simmer a while and put it over some mashed potatoes. P.S. Add salt,onions,pepper,garlic and beef bullion? I think thats how its spelled. To the pressure cooker.

fbuckner
10-08-2006, 03:24 PM
ever try the oak grove state land?

Sigman
10-08-2006, 05:36 PM
No never been or heard of before. I hunt pickney because its close and its good small game hunting. We run our dogs out there also and pick up a lot of bunnies too.

LivoniaDan
10-08-2006, 06:44 PM
No never been or heard of before. I hunt pickney because its close and its good small game hunting. We run our dogs out there also and pick up a lot of bunnies too.If you are willing to SHARE .... You can PM me your spot... I hunt south of you in Chelsea and seem to have a tough time....