PDA

View Full Version : Gemtech Viper Suppressor

mini4m3
01-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Got a chance to shoot my new Gemtech Viper the other day. I was extremely pleased with the suppressor and had a blast.

I asked about MAC10 suppressors in 2011 and got some great info from the guys on the board and a few suggestions. I went with the Gemtech based on reviews from other MAC owners and now would recommend it to people looking to quiet their MACs. One of the cool features is this little locking ring which helps secure the suppressor as the barrel's threading is pretty big.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/catalog/viper_collar_a_1561_general.gif

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/catalog/viper_collar_middle_232_general.gif

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4/chefwu101/IMG_2604.jpg

R61-1Ie4pGQ

forrest0872
01-25-2012, 12:30 AM
Nice Kasey

jmilch
01-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Kudos that thing rocks!

BobM
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Your killing me! or I should say the wait is killing me.

Good stuff.

Bob M

Wolvee
01-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I can't wait to shoot it. :0)

pgaplayerless
01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
what a heavy POS that can hardly be cocked back :P

mini4m3
01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
what a heavy POS that can hardly be cocked back :P

Heres what honestly happened. Fire, only one round comes out so I instantly go to clear a malfunction to realize the gun was on semi auto. I'm not sure how it was on semi auto because I don't think I've ever used that function on that gun.

Also you're just jealous I have the big boy model. :puppyeye:

pgaplayerless
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Heres what honestly happened. Fire, only one round comes out so I instantly go to clear a malfunction to realize the gun was on semi auto. I'm not sure how it was on semi auto because I don't think I've ever used that function on that gun.

Also you're just jealous I have the big boy model. :puppyeye:

I see she must be runnin' well ;) (don't worry mikee1973 will be here givin' me **** about my jam-o-matic experiences)

What can i say, you go after the fatties, I got after the spinners! :D

I'm still waiting on my can to arrive in MI. But I said screw it, literally, and had my barrels threaded for 1/2-28. Not messing with the Mac threads.

mini4m3
01-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I see she must be runnin' well ;) (don't worry mikee1973 will be here givin' me **** about my jam-o-matic experiences)

What can i say, you go after the fatties, I got after the spinners! :D

I'm still waiting on my can to arrive in MI. But I said screw it, literally, and had my barrels threaded for 1/2-28. Not messing with the Mac threads.

The gun runs really well when using good magazines. I cheaped out and bought some of the new production grease gun mags and they've been less than ideal. I've actually never seen a malfunction in a Powder Springs MAC that wasn't the fault of the mags. I only can imagine if the 11/9 is made by a good company that it suffers from the same fate.

TRoebs00
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I hate you. That is all

pgaplayerless
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
The gun runs really well when using good magazines. I cheaped out and bought some of the new production grease gun mags and they've been less than ideal. I've actually never seen a malfunction in a Powder Springs MAC that wasn't the fault of the mags. I only can imagine if the 11/9 is made by a good company that it suffers from the same fate.

I'm running Madsen M1950 mags. The jam-o-matic issues I'm having seem to be related to my USAA ammo. Seems whatever they do to process the brass to reload it softens up the brass. The steel mag lips bite into the casing and make it FTF. Don't have that problem with S&B, WWB, or Federal in those same mags.