PDA

View Full Version : battlecomp 1.5 compatible suppressor

Tedfs
01-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Just wondering if there's a compatible suppressor for the BattleComp 1.5.
I know the 2.0 can be compatible but no luck searching for anything that
might work with the 1.5.

rjrivero
01-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Just wondering if there's a compatible suppressor for the BattleComp 1.5.
I know the 2.0 can be compatible but no luck searching for anything that
might work with the 1.5.
I don't know of any. The 2.0 was made to be compatible with a Gemtech Halo, but the 1.5, because of the extra length won't hack it.

Drop a line to Griffin Armament. I don't know if their suppressor will mount to it either, but I don't know the size of their blast baffle.

Tedfs
01-29-2012, 02:45 AM
I emailed Battle Comp and asked them if they knew of anything compatible.
Hate to switch to a 2.0 as that would require a barrel change from the 14.5 with a pinned 1.5 to a 16 inch barrel and a BattleComp 2.0.
A new barrel and 2.0 Comp would cost almost what the M4-SD costs.

Hopefully there's something but that M4-SD does look interesting for a standard A2 compatible suppressor. I'll email Griffin as well and see what they say.

rjrivero
01-29-2012, 11:55 AM
You can sell your 14.5 with the 1.5 battle comp and put that towards the new barrel. That's what I would do.

Tedfs
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks like the length of the BattleComp 1.5 isn't an issue with the M4-SD II but the locking groove towards the rear is too snug.
Not sure if they plan on having the M4-SD II in stock any time soon or if the pre order is required.

Might be cheaper to machine the groove on the BattleComp 1.5 since over all length isn't an issue. I'd rather have that done,
as waiting for BCM barrels to be in stock is an adventure all it's own.