PDA

View Full Version : 1st safe ice of the year for me

mikethepike
01-29-2012, 09:06 PM
25 nice gills this afternoon w/ more than 1/2 of them GIANTS. Invited pga , never heard back:lol: ...I guess ma served meatloaf ........

http://i.imgur.com/BnNI4.jpg

pgaplayerless
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
There is a reason why i didn't go.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B4sydYv82pg/S7rOHCXeSxI/AAAAAAAAFtY/sP90uRBa3Kk/s1600/New+Image.JPG

the tribal tat is so original! :roll:

wadevb1
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Nice catch mike.

Something tells me you can pull fish from a mud puddle.

mikethepike
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Nice catch mike.

Something tells me you can pull fish from a mud puddle.

Thanks, i spent all winter looking at my gear and waiting for the day when i could use it.

I'm planning a trip to Lake Simcoe in Ontario in a few weeks . Its called the perch capital of the world for a reason. If you are looking for a mounter ...this is the place to go.
Reports from my Canadian counterpart as of Saturday were : 3 went out and were rewarded with 150 perch all over 12" with 3 over 15"!!!!! Sunday: Same but the perch were in the 9" and 10" range with only 2 over 12"

wadevb1
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks, i spent all winter looking at my gear and waiting for the day when i could use it.

I'm planning a trip to Lake Simcoe in Ontario in a few weeks . Its called the perch capital of the world for a reason. If you are looking for a mounter ...this is the place to go.
Reports from my Canadian counterpart as of Saturday were : 3 went out and were rewarded with 150 perch all over 12" with 3 over 15"!!!!! Sunday: Same but the perch were in the 9" and 10" range with only 2 over 12"

Simcoe perch are getting smaller every year. Too many perch, but it will keep you busy.

mikethepike
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Simcoe perch are getting smaller every year. Too many perch, but it will keep you busy.

I have a spot on Lk StClair that will do the same as Simcoe...but its not ready for foot traffic

TomE
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
I think I've taken the ferry to get there before. I have/had some spots in and around the marina's for gills also. I'm 200 miles away , but remember the spots

Ruger
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
A Firefighter friend and I used to head for Harsens Island and ice fish the Marinas when the ice on the big lake was thin.

Marina fishing is a mixed bag. We'd put out tip ups and jig down at the other end of the marina and spring ready, egg filled female Northern's would hunt those cuts and we'd stay the whole day. There were times when the two of us couldn't keep up with the flags going off and you didn't dare run and leave your jigging rod in the water because it'd be gone when you got back.
We took 36 Northern's out of one marina for the whole season and countless dandy perch and crappies.
I had pictures but lost them in the great divorce.

skidooboy
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
nice catch Mike! i have been jonesing for a good gill dinner. cant seem to find the fish. i have also been lusting after a trip to simcoe. probably going to go up in march. maybe we can get a forum fishin trip lined up.

if pg cant go with ya give me a shout, i'll fish with ya. ski

mikethepike
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
nice catch Mike! i have been jonesing for a good gill dinner. cant seem to find the fish. i have also been lusting after a trip to simcoe. probably going to go up in march. maybe we can get a forum fishin trip lined up.

if pg cant go with ya give me a shout, i'll fish with ya. ski

I'd be ready to do that. Perhaps MGO will let us use the .org bus???? :thumbup:

What city are you located? Pm me if desired

skidooboy
01-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd be ready to do that. Perhaps MGO will let us use the .org bus???? :thumbup:

What city are you located? Pm me if desired

i am between lansing and flint, laingsburg.
the wife and i spend ALOT of time fishing and snowmobiling in northern ontario north of the soo.

a few weeks ago, we bought a new otter pro thermal cabin and i have been itchin to try it out. we usually head up about every other weekend march 1st through april 15th. last year they still had 36" of ice april 15th. LOL!

ski