PDA

View Full Version : Bump fire stock

spdrace11
02-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Not sure if this belongs in the full auto forum but it sure seems to shoot like a full auto and ATF approved:thup:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1064.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jZoRECL--40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jZoRECL--40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7tzaYgp5g&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7tzaYgp5g&feature=related

Anyone ever hear or used one of these?

jm0502
02-01-2012, 12:34 AM
there are a few people here selling them. I dont have one yet kinda hard to spend $350 on a piece of plastic. but i want one.

Ultra
02-01-2012, 12:35 AM
$289.

I bought my MAADI for that. Ouch.

HemiChallenger
02-01-2012, 01:24 AM
You could just bump fire your gun yourself.

[ion] C2
02-01-2012, 06:03 AM
have fun trying to do that accurately against your shoulder

Tensallday
02-01-2012, 06:59 AM
thats the difference its a slide fire not bump...you can not properly bump fire off the shoulder like you can with the slide stock

HemiChallenger
02-02-2012, 02:53 AM
If you can fire a full auto accurately and have had the training and trigger time doing so, buy the real deal. Otherwise its all just a wash.

$300 to "slide fire" accurately?

For free i'll bump fire off my shoulder, hip or off the bench and enjoy it!

BigBlkYJ
02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
If any of you guys follow FPSRussia, he has a couple videos of his AR Pistol using a slide-fire setup. Its actually pretty cool, and I realize all of you "Full auto guys" will probably complain, but MUCH cheaper than a full auto sear setup! Would be fun to take out to the range without all of the paperwork needed!

HK USP
02-03-2012, 07:01 PM
As I see it thre are some advantages and some disadvantages...
On the plus side it is quicker than fileing the paperwork and paying for the tax stamp.
On the minus side accuraacy would likely not be as good, and as a stock it kind of sucks.
This is not a good tatical stock, simply put I like my adjustable stock and you simply cannot quickly change from one to the other. That and I already lay waste enoough ammo at the range.

DP425
02-04-2012, 07:04 PM
After the "accelerator" debacle with the ATF, I would wait YEARS to buy into this. And even at that, I tend to believe it's more gimmick than tool.

trapdoorman
02-09-2012, 02:05 PM
After the "accelerator" debacle with the ATF, I would wait YEARS to buy into this. And even at that, I tend to believe it's more gimmick than tool.

The ATF "Approval" letters are often not worth the paper they are printed on. A previous manufacturer of a similar devise that used a spring to assist the motion received an approval letter that was later rescinded, costing him untold legal fees and countless lost sales. Furthermore, any of his customers became instant felons once the ATF changed their mind.

spdrace11
03-03-2012, 03:23 PM
The ATF "Approval" letters are often not worth the paper they are printed on. A previous manufacturer of a similar devise that used a spring to assist the motion received an approval letter that was later rescinded, costing him untold legal fees and countless lost sales. Furthermore, any of his customers became instant felons once the ATF changed their mind.

Oh like the dollar lol.

Well i just liked the fact that you could simulate automatic fire without the expenses of a full auto gun.

Bottom line I guess I just need some land to shoot on where no one can bother you.

Tedfs
03-04-2012, 01:28 AM
With proper training and practice you can bump fire a rifle accurately, without spending $300 on a stock.

Or you could better use your time training and learn how to properly reset the trigger fast and accurately.

Politicians made legal ownership of machine guns by civilians expensive as hell for a reason.

Jackam
03-11-2012, 08:10 PM
A previous manufacturer of a similar devise that used a spring to assist the motion received an approval letter that was later rescinded, costing him untold legal fees and countless lost sales.

It is indeed just an opinion letter. But unlike the other manufacturer, this product has no springs or other "assists" that the BATF bases their opinions on.

PDinDetroit
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Someone at the Lapeer "Gravel Pit" had a slide-fire stock mounted on AR-15. He let me run a 30 round PMAG of mine with Lake City 55 Grainers through it. Not sure if it was a mag problem or not, but it jammed 3 times in 30 rounds. He was firing it plenty throughout the time I was there with no issues, so I am not sure if I would buy one or not.

Those PMAGS have never failed ONCE in my S&W M&P 15 MOE in FDE.

Revdrshad
03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
These just remind me of an expensive version of the old "Hell-Fires," And "As-IV." Auto fire simulators...
Biggest waste of money ever.
It even looked like the guy in the video had trouble getting it to 'Engage."

..DETROIT..
03-12-2012, 06:50 AM
I bought one of the Slidefire bumpstocks. Almost sold it because I had no where to shoot it. Learned about the "pit" about a month after I got it. I am so glad I did not sell it. It was a blast! I used it on a M&P15 16" upper and an EA lower, with standard 30rd mags. Extreme accuracy, with no issues. I keep the slidefire on a separate lower. The $340 price tag back then, gave me some pause. It took about 45 minutes to make up my mind to buy it. Doing loops around the booth, I probably looked like a crazy person, but that is alot of money. Glad I did. Buy it, not look like a crazy person, I mean.

Pyzik
03-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Firing Line has one on display. Not sure if you can rent it ore not.

Think the price tag was right around $300. Sounds like fun, but dang its ugly.

PDinDetroit
03-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Firing Line has one on display. Not sure if you can rent it ore not.

Think the price tag was right around $300. Sounds like fun, but dang its ugly.

I had to really change grip positions for my right hand while shooting so that my finger rested properly on the stock past the left side of the trigger. I could probably get used to it, but not sure that I want to.

And yes, it was a little difficult to get it started...

DetroitStyle
03-17-2012, 11:37 PM
If you can fire a full auto accurately and have had the training and trigger time doing so, buy the real deal. Otherwise its all just a wash.

$300 to "slide fire" accurately?

For free i'll bump fire off my shoulder, hip or off the bench and enjoy it!

I'll PayPal you $50 if you post a video in the next week of you successfully bumpfiring an entire 30 round mag from you shoulder and putting more than 5 rounds on target from 35 yards.

If you can't, you PayPal me $25.

Got a bet?

I bet not. You are just as big of an idiot on this board as you were on Motown. All you do is run your mouth about things you know nothing about or can't back up

mini4m3
03-18-2012, 02:31 AM
I'll PayPal you $50 if you post a video in the next week of you successfully bumpfiring an entire 30 round mag from you shoulder and putting more than 5 rounds on target from 35 yards.

If you can't, you PayPal me $25.

Got a bet?

I bet not. You are just as big of an idiot on this board as you were on Motown. All you do is run your mouth about things you know nothing about or can't back up

I'd take your bet...

KeithD
03-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Kasey FTW!

mini4m3
03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Kasey FTW!

I don't have a target to show - however - for arguments sake you can look at the deviation of the barrel (or lack of) and realize you could hit a 11x8.5'' piece of paper with a lot of rounds even by walking them in.

KeithD
03-18-2012, 03:51 AM
I don't have a target to show - however - for arguments sake you can look at the deviation of the barrel (or lack of) and realize you could hit a 11x8.5'' piece of paper with a lot of rounds even by walking them in.

hey man you dont have to explain that to me....

dpgperftest
03-18-2012, 02:23 PM
I like to see some videos from MGO members that has used them

Jackam
03-18-2012, 08:05 PM
This was our first time with it and, as you can see, we didn't even have a rear sight yet on the AR build.
We were lucky to hit the target the few times we did.
Now that I have an aimpoint, perhaps it will be different.

XyedJsKlH74
giLcaRIge9A

jm0502
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I love the same reaction in every one of these videos.

Pyzik
03-19-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd take your bet...

Unfortunately those are 45 round mags
That's pretty damn good! I can't get mine to bumpfire from my shoulder at all.

dpgperftest
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
That's pretty damn good! I can't get mine to bumpfire from my shoulder at all.
with a pumpfire stock?????????

Pyzik
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
with a pumpfire stock?????????
I meant that Mini4m3 was doing a good job with his standard stock from his shoulder.

When my AK had a standard fixed stock I could not bump fire from the shoulder, just couldn't get it down.
I now have a folding stock and have not tried it with this sock, though I don't think I will do any better.

dpgperftest
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I meant that Mini4m3 was doing a good job with his standard stock from his shoulder.

When my AK had a standard fixed stock I could not bump fire from the shoulder, just couldn't get it down.
I now have a folding stock and have not tried it with this sock, though I don't think I will do any better.
Dont feel bad ether could i even trying it with my XD

DetroitStyle
03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Mini I wasn't doubting you... I was doubting HemiChallenger... I'm sure you remember what an idiot he was on MM

IndustrialRescue
04-06-2012, 06:53 AM

Well, a couple of things there. Akins submitted a stock for an SKS, NOT the "Akins Accelerator" for the 10/22, using a spring. When the ATF found out that he had released the 10/22 stock, WITHOUT GETTING THEIR APPROVAL, they checked it out, and found that "the spring makes it an illegal machine gun."

The people that had bought them, had to turn in ONLY the springs. It's the same idea as using a shoelace on your Garand; unless your finger operates the trigger for each shot, it's a no go. Which is why the trigger cranks, although somewhat difficult to operate, are ok, as you use your hand/finger to turn it for each shot.

That is also why Gatling guns are not an NFA item.

Akins went behind the ATF's back, and got his dick smacked for it. Although I doubt they would have approved it anyway, pissing the ATF off, by submitting something completely different, is NOT the way to get a favorable opinion.

Slide Fire submitted the stock, which still requires manual manipulation to fire each shot. While I AM somewhat suprised that the ATF approved something fun, it fit their current "flavor of the day" rule set, and was approved. Now, if you were to add a spring, it would become a "machine gun," as the mechanical work would be done by the spring, rather than your finger, and forward pressure.

It DOES allow for bumpfiring "accurately" from the shoulder, as opposed to doing what all the idiots on youtube do, and firing from the hip. And 300 for a stock, is a LOT cheaper than 10 grand for an M16. It IS possible to keep all shots fired in a human sized target at 7-15 meters.

Akins was an idiot, bottom line.

IndustrialRescue
04-06-2012, 07:11 AM
KeithD christened the stock "Full Retard"...
It's fun.:flamethr:
cZjLS86R14I
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z181/PanzerSlayer2/Weapons/ARFCOM%20MI%20May%2021%202011%20Videos/th_2c1a52a4.jpg (http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z181/PanzerSlayer2/Weapons/ARFCOM%20MI%20May%2021%202011%20Videos/?action=view&current=2c1a52a4.mp4)

OneShot91
04-12-2012, 03:56 AM
I bought one of the Slidefire bumpstocks. Almost sold it because I had no where to shoot it. Learned about the "pit" about a month after I got it. I am so glad I did not sell it. It was a blast! I used it on a M&P15 16" upper and an EA lower, with standard 30rd mags. Extreme accuracy, with no issues. I keep the slidefire on a separate lower. The $340 price tag back then, gave me some pause. It took about 45 minutes to make up my mind to buy it. Doing loops around the booth, I probably looked like a crazy person, but that is alot of money. Glad I did. Buy it, not look like a crazy person, I mean.
Could you tell me where this "pit" is you are refering too? i live in SE michigan and am in need of a nearby place to shoot without any trouble form police or locals

IndustrialRescue
04-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Could you tell me where this "pit" is you are refering too? i live in SE michigan and am in need of a nearby place to shoot without any trouble form police or locals

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g370/IndustrialRescue/Pitmap.jpg

mp7570
04-29-2012, 09:41 AM
So this issue has been on my mind for a while now. I have been weighing the facts between fun factor and waste of money factor on the Slide Fire stock for a while and have not come up with any solutions to this dilemma. On one hand it does seem fun to empty a 30 round mag in a few seconds, but on the other hand, it is an initial $300 investment followed up by wasting 30 rounds a pop, and possibly a loss of the initial $300 when the ATF decides to interpret the law in a different way than we see it. My biggest concern is that with so many people deciding to post video, blog, etc about bump firing and skirting the law with bump firing solutions to give you fully legal full automatic without jumping through the government hoops designed to keep the average idiot from becoming a seriously dangerous idiot, that at some point the ATF and government may decide to limit mag capacity again and site this crap as the reason. As far as the Slide Fire stock goes, I am sure that the government will ban it soon enough, as it technically does and doesn't fit the law. In other words, it does take a triger pull to fire the weapon, however, it does not take a physical act to continue to pull the trigger, that is unless they consider forward pressure on your foregrip to be the act of pulling the trigger consciously. The actual law does not say that a mechanism has to be present to make the gun illegal, it says that any modification on a non full auto weapon to make it full auto makes the weapon illegal. How long do you think it will be before they decide that this stock is that type of mod. It only takes one idiot to ruin everything for everyone, and when you hear people talk about this stock, there is no shortage of idiots among them. Here is a copy of the ATF letter to Atkins: http://jpfo.org/images02/batfe-lee-bumpfire.jpg

Sorry but it will be a cut and paste as I am fairly new to this forum. Whew, sorry about being long winded...lol

IndustrialRescue
04-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Well then, don't vote for Romneybama.

So this issue has been on my mind for a while now. I have been weighing the facts between fun factor and waste of money factor on the Slide Fire stock for a while and have not come up with any solutions to this dilemma. On one hand it does seem fun to empty a 30 round mag in a few seconds, but on the other hand, it is an initial $300 investment followed up by wasting 30 rounds a pop, and possibly a loss of the initial $300 when the ATF decides to interpret the law in a different way than we see it. My biggest concern is that with so many people deciding to post video, blog, etc about bump firing and skirting the law with bump firing solutions to give you fully legal full automatic without jumping through the government hoops designed to keep the average idiot from becoming a seriously dangerous idiot, that at some point the ATF and government may decide to limit mag capacity again and site this crap as the reason. As far as the Slide Fire stock goes, I am sure that the government will ban it soon enough, as it technically does and doesn't fit the law. In other words, it does take a triger pull to fire the weapon, however, it does not take a physical act to continue to pull the trigger, that is unless they consider forward pressure on your foregrip to be the act of pulling the trigger consciously. The actual law does not say that a mechanism has to be present to make the gun illegal, it says that any modification on a non full auto weapon to make it full auto makes the weapon illegal. How long do you think it will be before they decide that this stock is that type of mod. It only takes one idiot to ruin everything for everyone, and when you hear people talk about this stock, there is no shortage of idiots among them. Here is a copy of the ATF letter to Atkins: http://jpfo.org/images02/batfe-lee-bumpfire.jpg

Sorry but it will be a cut and paste as I am fairly new to this forum. Whew, sorry about being long winded...lol

mp7570
04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Well then, don't vote for Romneybama.

lol If there were another choice I would be open to it. I have just seen too many times where government knows best, and we all lose, and the more we put the ways we can skirt the law in the governments face the more they will take notice and act on it.

HOG76
04-29-2012, 08:48 PM

It is still a semi-auto firearm because the trigger is pulled for each shot, the forward pressure is your act of pulling the trigger, it is really difficult for the thugs on this one because otherwise a "loose" stock would be a crime. The Akins stock had a spring which made it a "machine". Slide-fire has no spring.

mp7570
04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
The section of the law quoted in the letter to Atkins by the ATF, says nothing about the part needing to have mechanical parts, and forward pressure on the fore grip can just as easily be interpreted as nothing more than forward pressure and not a trigger pull, this is the government we are talking about after all. "...any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically, more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person."

Atkins was hammered for submitting a different stock altogether for approval, then proceeding to produce, market, and sell a stock that had not been approved. Nowhere in the law or this explanation does it say the part is illegal only if it is mechanical, it speaks only to the function and purpose of the part, and the weak explanation of the Slide Fire stock as something to enable disabled persons to use firearms is very thin at best. The ATF, like every branch of government moves like molasses in January, however when they do get around to correcting a mistake, they do not fool around. So for me, I will take a pass on the $300+ stock that may have to be sent into the ATF in 6 months, especially when everyone knows the sole purpose for this stock (even used in the advertising for it) is to make your rifle full auto. They may be slow, but the government is not entirely stupid, it is just a matter of time before they catch onto Slide Fire's attempt at skirting the law. My biggest concern is if some idiot decides to use the stock to do something stupid and harm others, it will have bigger ramifications on gun owners not trying to skirt the law, ie limited mag capacity. It happened once and could surely happen again, the Clinton years were very dark days for gunowners.

HemiChallenger
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Mini I wasn't doubting you... I was doubting HemiChallenger... I'm sure you remember what an idiot he was on MM

Some peoples kids...

Glad I missed this for 2 months.

IndustrialRescue
05-01-2012, 12:05 PM
If you're so damn worried the little black helicopters are going to show up, and the jackbooted thugs are going to shoot your dog, then find a store that sells the stock, and pay cash.

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

mp7570
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
A bit blunt, and doesn't really have anything to do with what I was saying.

muttbiker
09-05-2012, 08:10 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RvVN634j_UA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I got to use my buddy's bump stock and we saved it in slow motion LOL

muttbiker
09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
http://youtu.be/RvVN634j_UA

Jackam
09-06-2012, 07:22 AM
http://youtu.be/RvVN634j_UA

Why?
If I wanted that I'd simply watch someone fire a regular semi-auto as fast as they can.

Just kiddin! Cool vid!

benzy2
09-09-2012, 02:49 AM
It looks fun but I'm not sure what I would do with it after the first day. Running it on a .22lr would be fun, but I can shoot them plenty fast as is.

muttbiker
09-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Sometimes when I go to the range is purely to make some noise. It does seem to be a waste of ammo but it sure put a smile on my face. :mrgreen:

mjk1
09-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Sometimes when I go to the range is purely to make some noise. It does seem to be a waste of ammo but it sure put a smile on my face. :mrgreen:

A man that enjoys the simple things in life..... Kind of reminds me of me !
My son & I have started SSAR competitions, we use 20 rds and count to see who hit the target the most. All in all .... it's not as easy as one would think to hit a target at 25m with 20 rounds looking thru an EOtech w/magnifier...