PDA

View Full Version : H.B. 5334 Lifetime hunting/fishing license

Tallbear
02-02-2012, 10:38 AM
HB 5334 of 2012 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2012-HB-5334)
Natural resources; hunting; lifetime hunting and fishing licenses; provide for. Amends sec. 44103 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.44103) & adds sec. 44102a.
Last Action: 2/1/2012 referred to Committee on Natural Resources, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation

TheQ
02-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Sounds like a one time revenue fix -- but cool.

pkuptruck
02-02-2012, 01:55 PM
wait....

it includes a lifetime BEAR lic.. thought those were a lottery deal.... :scratch:

looks like another "lifetime trailer" deal... works good for a while... then no money..

Dansjeep2000
02-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I hope it happens, little over 1K and I never have to buy a tag again

Tallbear
02-02-2012, 02:01 PM
wait....

it includes a lifetime BEAR lic.. thought those were a lottery deal.... :scratch:

looks like another "lifetime trailer" deal... works good for a while... then no money..

A license is only available to lottery winners. The cost of the license would be $0.00 for the "lifetime license" holder. It's the same system in place now for lifetime license holders.

GLOCKME
02-03-2012, 02:38 AM
They offered these quite a bit ago and I just couldn't swing it.
Now I'm too "old" to make it worthwhile,and can't swing it for the kids at this time!!:bash:
A great deal though for the sportsman!!

Jackam
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I've been telling people that I haven't purchased a hunting or fishing license since 1989 and yet I hunt and fish all the time. You should see the looks I get!

That was a GREAT investment for me then, and I hope that I can provide my two sons with the same opportunity.

G22
02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Depending on the cost, I would consider buying one.

kpearce
02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Read the entire bill and it needs 2 changes. Should be a provision for senior at less expensive, and remove the part that states the license is still valid if you become a non-resident.

Cackler
02-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Read the entire bill and it needs 2 changes. Should be a provision for senior at less expensive, and remove the part that states the license is still valid if you become a non-resident.

While seniors should get a break, why penalize current residents who move out of state (maybe for a job) and then want to come back each year to hunt with family and friends?

As far as I am concerned, former Michigan residents should get a break on license fees right now.

Hawgrider
02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
While seniors should get a break, why penalize current residents who move out of state (maybe for a job) and then want to come back each year to hunt with family and friends?

As far as I am concerned, former Michigan residents should get a break on license fees right now.Because if you move out of Michigan you are not a current resident. You move you lose. Hunt in the new state you moved to. They don't pay taxes here so why should non residents get some kinda of grandfathered in break.:wtf:

brass hat
02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
What if you move away then come back,you payed for the lifetime liscense it should be just that "lifetime"

DP425
03-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Because if you move out of Michigan you are not a current resident. You move you lose. Hunt in the new state you moved to. They don't pay taxes here so why should non residents get some kinda of grandfathered in break.:wtf:

What does paying taxes (I assumed you mean income/property) have to do with hunting? Are those tax dollars paying to breed and feed the game being taken?

Plus how about the revenue made by not only the state in sales and gas tax, but local business while the former resident comes back to hunt?

Your idea on this is very short sighted. The intent of this clause is to get the hunter to continuing coming back to michigan and spending the money associated with the hunt IN Michigan rather than the state they move to. They are realizing that someone buying a lifetime license isn't going to move out of state, then have to pay non resident license fees after having bought a lifetime license just to hunt Michigan deer rather than say, Wisconsin deer. They will just hunt their state instead of having Michigan double dip on them. This results in the hunter "tourism" market taking a hit which will not be offset by the very few who are willing to take a screwing every year on their tags when they already have a lifetime license.

It's always amazing how short sighted some people can be; and usually its reflected in our laws- this time it is not and sure enough, someone has to protest it.

luckless
03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I think we should pay the same amount that the indians pay to hunt and fish.

UpNorthWOLF
03-28-2012, 05:05 AM
I think we should pay the same amount that the indians pay to hunt and fish.

No you shouldn't

Dansjeep2000
03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Has there been any movement on this bill?

Pheasant Duster
03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
I would definitely be up for a lifetime license! Hope this bill continues on

Tallbear
03-28-2012, 10:06 PM

Not yet.......

langenc
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM
I think that a lifetime license should be that-where you happen to live makes no difference. Other states do it that way.

Can always come back home for the 'hunt' or may move back after retirement.

tiger49931
09-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Just my 2C but want a revenue stream, now this is for Michigan only but if you do not live in the U.P. you should have to purchase an out of state hunting license to hunt in the U.P. . same would go for Yoopers wanting to hunt in the lower part of the state. ( who we kidding like a yooper would rather hunt in the lower... lol.) :banana:

luckless
09-29-2012, 04:53 PM
No you shouldn't
Yes I should.

Deerhunter1980
11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Because if you move out of Michigan you are not a current resident. You move you lose. Hunt in the new state you moved to. They don't pay taxes here so why should non residents get some kinda of grandfathered in break.:wtf:

I realize this comment is old, but I have to add my 2 cents to further show short-sightedness.

One shouldn't assume that just because someone moves out of state...that they no longer pay taxes in this state and therefore shouldn't be able to hunt as a resident here still.

Since graduating college I have never really been able to find a "GOOD" job. Therefore, moving out of state for a better job is a definite possibility for me.

Also, I happen to own 20 acres of hunting land behind the family home that I grew up in. I also inherited 25% of our family farm, which amounts to another 60 acres at a separate location.

Therefore...If I move....Am I required to sell my land?

Answer: Of course not.

So even if I move...I will continue to pay the property taxes on 80 acres of land every year.

And basically...you're telling me that if I bought a lifetime license...I should lose my priviledge to hunt MY OWN LAND anymore because I chose to move out of state.

That is NOT cool!

-DH1980

movinggreen
11-10-2012, 01:42 AM
sound great!:wolf:

Jackam
11-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Looks like my boys will have to wait. I have the money ready and willing.....

Yooper55
11-21-2012, 01:49 PM
When I lived in NC if one was 50% disabled through the military or VA. they would get lifetime hunting and fishing license for free.