PDA

View Full Version : Texas DNR is about ready to allow cans for all hunting

BlueWing
02-05-2012, 11:20 AM
How long before MI will do the same?? The only thing I have heard the DNR bring up is that a muffled shots will cause less calls about poaching.
I do NOT believe this for one second. As much as a can and Federal tax costs. I do not think there are many poachers who could either afford the costs involved or time and effort.

sonicmatter
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM
It has nothing to do with how much something costs. By definition criminals don't care what the law says and poachers are going to poach whether or not silencers are legal. Restricting silencers only hurts the law abiding for the same reasons that gun laws only put restrictions on the law abiding, and not ironically, do nothing to hinder the criminal.

Tyler
02-05-2012, 04:59 PM
It would be great not to damage my hearing any more than I already have.

rjrivero
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
How long before MI will do the same?? The only thing I have heard the DNR bring up is that a muffled shots will cause less calls about poaching.
I do NOT believe this for one second. As much as a can and Federal tax costs. I do not think there are many poachers who could either afford the costs involved or time and effort.
It's still hotly debated in Texas. No one is "sure" which way this is going to go there. Georgia has approved a law in the senate? and it's going to the house. It looks much more clear that Georgia will be ahead of Texas, and Michigan in allowing suppressors for hunting.