PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with NFA transfer experience in the Shelby Twp. area?

RyeLou
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm looking to pick up a Silencerco Sparrow and was looking to see if anyone has had a suppressor transferred somewhere in my area.

rickettsj
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
my best friend lives in macomb and he is a class III dealer. the day suppressors became legal he got some in stock and has sold at least 6. still waiting for the returns from the feds. any help needed he's a great guy and can answer ANY questions you might have.

RyeLou
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Is there a way to get in touch with him or does he work at a store out this way? I'd love to find someone in the area with fair prices. I stopped at a place on the way home yesterday and they wanted $650 for a Sparrow that has an MSRP of $499. I was shocked.

Dansjeep2000
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
try this guy

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/member.php?u=13862

RyeLou
02-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I sent him a PM. Thanks Dansjeep.

RyeLou
02-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Anyone else with any input? The other guy never got back to me and I can't find anyone local that will transfer or sell me the suppressor for a fair price.

rjrivero
02-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Anyone else with any input? The other guy never got back to me and I can't find anyone local that will transfer or sell me the suppressor for a fair price.
These guys are in Rochester, or Rochester Hills? LINK HERE (http://www.hcgrifles.com/). They stock Sparrows at $449. Is that fair? ;)

RyeLou
02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Just PM'ed you back.

eflint49
02-11-2012, 03:06 PM
according to their website, silver bullet in grand rapids has them on the way. maybe give them a call. seems easier than buying online, shipping to ffl, then picking it up.

Shyster
02-11-2012, 03:43 PM
according to their website, silver bullet in grand rapids has them on the way. maybe give them a call. seems easier than buying online, shipping to ffl, then picking it up.
Remember, you still have to wait several months for ATF approval so the fact that a dealer may not have the item in stock is not as important as usua.

RyeLou
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Remember, you still have to wait several months for ATF approval so the fact that a dealer may not have the item in stock is not as important as usua.

How it was explained to me (which I realize may be wrong) was the product had to arrive before you could go through the paperwork anyhow. The store I was at told me they needed the physical product there so they could verify the serial number on the suppressor for the form.

rjrivero
02-11-2012, 05:09 PM
How it was explained to me (which I realize may be wrong) was the product had to arrive before you could go through the paperwork anyhow. The store I was at told me they needed the physical product there so they could verify the serial number on the suppressor for the form.
This is absolutely correct. Your dealer must have the actual suppressor before you can submit a form 4.

NBK999
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm looking to pick up a Silencerco Sparrow and was looking to see if anyone has had a suppressor transferred somewhere in my area.

I know that I'm chiming in late, but if your still looking for someone to transfer a suppressor for you check out Close Quarters Tactical in Shelby Twp. I have purchased four suppressors from them and it is a pretty simple ordering process. Just go in and tell them what you are looking for, fill out a special order form and wait a couple weeks. Once it arrives you can fill out your form 4 and submit it... then the real wait begins.....

rickettsj
03-14-2012, 06:51 AM
i sent you a pm. but if anyone else is wondering www.innovativeindustries.com does NFA transfers. the shop is in Warren.

hidehunter
03-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I just got a silencer from this guy in Howell http://www.ccgunworks.com/
He is a stocking dealer now. Had some good prices IMO.

hidehunter

NHCGRPR45
03-27-2012, 03:14 AM
Chesterfield CLEO and macomb county sheriff will not sign off on my CLEO requirement. I have been soundly ignored by the chief of police of chesterfield and the Sheriff of macomb county will not sign off if I can't get one from chesterfield. Nice, I though before I went and paid for a Trust I would see if the easy way would be available. It is not, I have a CPL so I am a certified "good guy". I have a copy of the email from the Under sheriff about his refusal to sign. I thought I would share my trouble so that if anyone else gets hassled or ignored they would have a recourse to know that an NFA trust is still an option for people.

rjrivero
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Chesterfield CLEO and macomb county sheriff will not sign off on my CLEO requirement. I have been soundly ignored by the chief of police of chesterfield and the Sheriff of macomb county will not sign off if I can't get one from chesterfield. Nice, I though before I went and paid for a Trust I would see if the easy way would be available. It is not, I have a CPL so I am a certified "good guy". I have a copy of the email from the Under sheriff about his refusal to sign. I thought I would share my trouble so that if anyone else gets hassled or ignored they would have a recourse to know that an NFA trust is still an option for people.
Interesting. According to THIS post (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1506614&postcount=49), Chesterfield signed off.

You might want to get with that member and figure out what their procedure is.

It's not uncommon for a County Sheriff to defer to the township LEO under these matters.

Edward Pireh
03-28-2012, 01:39 PM
I"m a class 3 guy. I'm located in Shelby Township also. I can help you find whatever you're looking for. I'm offering over $100 off MSRP on most YHM silencers right now. Check out the "comercial dealers section" for my post. I believe I'm still the first one on top.
Also, Macomb county has always been very good to me as far as the CLEO sign off on a form 4.

Edward Pireh
Mission Critical Firearms, LLC
Cell: (312) 525-0209

Edward Pireh
03-28-2012, 01:46 PM

here are some of my prices I'm offering right now bud...
I can find prices on anything you like, but I personally love the YHM products.

YHM COBRA M2, 9mm, .40, and .45
MSRP: $627, My price to you is $495. That's a saving of $132

I also have several 5.56 and 7.62 suppressors
and more on order. I will be selling them WAY
below MSRP as well.

7.62 Q.D.
Stainless: MSRP $720, My price $620 Save $100
Titanium: MSRP $1,100, My price $890 Save
$210

5.56 Q.D.
Titanium: MSRP $998, My price $820
Save $178
Stainless: MSRP $612, My price $540
Save $78
Chrome molly: MSRP $565, My price $480
Save $85

Feel free to call me for details.
312-525-0209
Ed

susan
03-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Did you Try going to the head of your state police post? If he will do it then you don't need a trust. Go online pull up the pdf of the form 4 and read the instructions on who can sign off and what other options you have. You can also put it in a registered business, lots cheaper than paying to Have a trust drawn up.

Edward Pireh
03-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Did you Try going to the head of your state police post? If he will do it then you don't need a trust. Go online pull up the pdf of the form 4 and read the instructions on who can sign off and what other options you have. You can also put it in a registered business, lots cheaper than paying to Have a trust drawn up.

From my pesonal experience, Macomb county will sign off on form 4s within 2 hours of you dropping them off.

rjrivero
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
From my pesonal experience, Macomb county will sign off on form 4s within 2 hours of you dropping them off.
Does the Macomb county Sheriff patrol the area that you live in or do you have a municipal police department that does that?

Some sheriffs only sign off for the residents in their patrol zones. I am wondering if Macomb's Sheriff follows that same "standard."

Edward Pireh
03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Does the Macomb county Sheriff patrol the area that you live in or do you have a municipal police department that does that?

Some sheriffs only sign off for the residents in their patrol zones. I am wondering if Macomb's Sheriff follows that same "standard."

I live in Sterling Heights. Sterling Heights PD patrols Sterling Heights. I moved to MI in September. I purchased an AOW in Colorado before I moved here and had it transfered to Sheridan Arms in Saginaw (This is obviously before I became a dealer my self). I took the Form 4s to Macomb county and dropped them off. I then waited to get finger printed right there, and when I was done getting printed my form 4s where signed and ready to go. Easy day.

rjrivero
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Good info there. Thanks for sharing. I wonder why NHCGRPR45 in post 16 in this thread is having such a hard time with them.

M11A1
06-02-2012, 06:42 AM

I've been involved in a 4 month fight trying to get my suppressor. The new chief at Shelby WILL NOT NOR WILL HE EVER sign off on a suppressor, that was the answer I got as well as when my cousin (Armada police officer) called and I even had my uncle who is a retired chief from Mt clemens and Utica to see if they could help me out. Went to the Macomb Sheriff who will not sign since I live in a city and need to have my local chief sign off, I've took several letters I got from the ATF saying who could sign but the answer is always "sorry sir but you have to take that to your local police". Called the State police, same response...its not a Michigan State police problem. Trying to find ab DA that will sign. I have sent off letters to my state representative and have not heard back yet. Next step is to call the big guy who signed this into effect.

What really pisses me off is that the chief from Shelby has signed off on all my AOWs like I was buying a stick of gum but does not believe that suppressors should be legal for civilians to own!

Edward Pireh
06-02-2012, 06:54 AM
I've been involved in a 4 month fight trying to get my suppressor. The new chief at Shelby WILL NOT NOR WILL HE EVER sign off on a suppressor, that was the answer I got as well as when my cousin (Armada police) called and I even had my uncle who is a retired chief from Mt clemens and Utica to see if they could help me out. Went to the Macomb Sheriff who will not sign since I live in a city and need to have my local chief sign off, I've took several letters I got from the ATF saying who could sign but the answer is always "sorry sir but you have to take that to your local police". Called the State police, same response...its not a Michigan State police problem. Trying to find ab DA that will sign. I have sent off letters to my state representative and have not heard back yet. Next step is to call the big guy who signed this into effect.

What really pisses me off is that the chief from Shelby has signed off on all my AOWs like I was buying a stick of gum!

Thats really odd. I had the Macomb county under-sheriff sign off on my suppressors and AOWs without a problem and I live in Sterling Heights. I've had several customers get a signature from Macomb County as well. You can always go the trust rout and avoid the CLEO signature, passport pics, and fingerprints all together. There is a couple guys on here that can set up a trust for you.

M11A1
06-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Yea, my buddy keeps telling me "just take it to Macomb and they'll sign it" not the case. I've been down there 4 times and countless number of calls, not to mention Chris at the ATF who now recognize my voice..lol. I'm standing my ground here and I will get a signature for a sign off somehow. I want someone in this state to acknowledge the law and support it. I will not go quietly! Lol.

Edward Pireh
06-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Yea, my buddy keeps telling me "just take it to Macomb and they'll sign it" not the case. I've veen down there 4 times and countless number of calls, not to mention Chris at the ATF who now recognize my voice..lol. I'm standing my ground here and I will get a signature for a sign off somehow. I want someone in this state to egknowledge the law and support it. I will not go quietly! Lol.

If you're having such a problem getting a signature, why dont you just go the trust rout ? you've been fighting for a signature for 4 months now. Don't forget that once you submit the form 4 it will still be a 4 to 6 month wait till you get approved. I see what you mean about standing your ground tho LOL

Zane
06-02-2012, 07:22 AM
I want someone in this state to acknowledge the law and support it. I will not go quietly! Lol.

I don't believe there is anything that compels them to sign off. Until the ATF removes the requirement, you may need to go with a trust.

M11A1
06-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Yea, I could but right now its at the point where I can't back down..i have to prove my point and after all it is just a suppressor. I've lived without one for how long? No if it was a actually firearm I would have gave in a long time ago.

M11A1
06-02-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't believe there is anything that compels them to sign off. Until the ATF removes the requirement, you may need to go with a trust.

Which is why a wrote my representative as well as looking for district attorney or a judge that is willing to sign. Then theres always the A.G.

rjrivero
06-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Yea, I could but right now its at the point where I can't back down..i have to prove my point and after all it is just a suppressor. I've lived without one for how long? No if it was a actually firearm I would have gave in a long time ago.
Power to you. Let us know how they treat the squeaky wheel!!:whip:

M11A1
06-03-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm gonna keep fighting this battle but in the mean time who wants to set up a trust? Lol

Cybersniper
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I have two NFA items signed by Macomb Co. SD. One under Hackle and one under Wickersham. No problem at all. Had it back in the mail in a week or so. The clerk did ask me if I lived in a township which they soley patroled. I was told that they will not sign if another LE patrols that area, i.e. Chesterfield, Clinton, Shelby. I heard that Chesterfield does not sign off and youll need a trust.

I think Ed's Sterling Heights residency was missed by MCSD or they were signing them all at the time. BTW- Sterling Hts PD will sign off if you have a clear record. My buddy got one signed. Another guy said he had a drunk driving and they refused. Who knows what was really on his record.

M11A1
06-09-2012, 02:08 AM
I've had 2 AOW sign-offs in Shelby twp and have a DUI from 7yrs ago and they signed for the AOWs without an issue he just will not sign off for suppressors. And you are right about the sherif they have no problem signing if they are the primary law enforcement agency in the area. They will not sign if you have a local police.