PDA

View Full Version : Check not Cashed Yet?

RBAD
02-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Anyone out there still not have their check cashed yet? I wrote mine on Nov,23 ,11 and it still isn't cashed. I think its only good for 3 months from the date I wrote it. Is there anyway of finding out why?

Thanks for any input......

Ron

rjrivero
02-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Anyone out there still not have their check cashed yet? I wrote mine on Nov,23 ,11 and it still isn't cashed. I think its only good for 3 months from the date I wrote it. Is there anyway of finding out why?

Thanks for any input......

Ron
Call the ATF Monday. Have your serial number ready. Phone number is: (304) 616-4500

They'll tell you the status of your Form 4. They do electronically submit the checks to a clearing house, so it's quite possible the check is "cashed" but not returned.

RBAD
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Call the ATF Monday. Have your serial number ready. Phone number is: (304) 616-4500

They'll tell you the status of your Form 4. They do electronically submit the checks to a clearing house, so it's quite possible the check is "cashed" but not returned.

Bank shows it as not cashed yet?

rjrivero
02-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Bank shows it as not cashed yet?
What I'm saying is that when I write them a check, the $200 comes out of my account but not listed as a "Check." There is no "check number" associated with it. They use a check cashing service that allows them to take the money, but it doesn't show up as a "Check number" out of my account.

Here is the exact wording as it showed up on my statement:

PAYMENT
ATF NFA PAYMENT , 10-14-2011 @ : 0 Trace #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No check number was associated with it, and no copy of the canceled check, either. When I questioned my bank about it, they simply replied "That's how they do it with these check clearing houses."

Look for a similar entry in your December bank statement.

RBAD
02-11-2012, 05:31 PM
What I'm saying is that when I write them a check, the $200 comes out of my account but not listed as a "Check." There is no "check number" associated with it. They use a check cashing service that allows them to take the money, but it doesn't show up as a "Check number" out of my account.

Here is the exact wording as it showed up on my statement:

PAYMENT
ATF NFA PAYMENT , 10-14-2011 @ : 0 Trace #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No check number was associated with it, and no copy of the canceled check, either. When I questioned my bank about it, they simply replied "That's how they do it with these check clearing houses."

Look for a similar entry in your December bank statement.

I understand what your saying but its not cashed. I'll have my dealer call them on Monday. Appreciate the help and will update my status on this thread. Stay tuned.

RBAD
02-13-2012, 09:44 AM
I understand what your saying but its not cashed. I'll have my dealer call them on Monday. Appreciate the help and will update my status on this thread. Stay tuned.

Just called and it did clear on Dec,5,11.

Odd that it doesn't show as cashed. U were correct.

Thank's for the phone #.

rjrivero
02-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Just called and it did clear on Dec,5,11.

Odd that it doesn't show as cashed. U were correct.

Thank's for the phone #.

Glad you're all good to go. Like a broken clock, I can be right maybe twice a day!! ;)

Revdrshad
03-03-2012, 04:11 AM
I know I'm late on this one, But a lot of times now a Check isn't processed as a check like they used to be. It's ran through a machine (Yes, the actual paper check) and processed like a Credit card. Even though the money is taken out of your Checking account.
The Machine reads the weird little electronic numbers on your check, and takes the money right out.
Typically you will never get your actual cashed check back either, like you used to.
It's just a sign of the times. Absolutely no more "hoping they don't cash it until Friday."

I used to work for a Bank processing station that sent cashed checks back to their original banks, and then to their original account holders.
That job has been obsolete for almost a decade now. :shrugs: