PDA

View Full Version : Website problems - 11/01/06

Knimrod
11-01-2006, 12:36 PM
We are currently experieincing problems with our web hosting service. In addition, we are going through a growth spurt that is apparently challenging our current host. We are actively looking at other available options for hosting this website and forum. This is not an easy task since we intend to keep access free and this site does not generate the kind of revenue required to pay the expenses of premium web hosting. Please bear with us just a bit longer.

If you want to help keep this site running at top performance, consider joining MGO or advertising with us. Thank you for your patience.

Lance

Garbo
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
PM me the info on advertsing or just post it here for everyone to see

Knimrod
11-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Further investigation has revealed that Spam bots have been exploiting our site and that was causing a tremendous amount of activity on the server. Not only were we seeing the effect but It was also enough activity to cause problems for other web sites sharing the same server. Because the problem originated with us, the host suspended our site until we could get to the bottom of the problem.

The host will be adding more RAM to the server which will help them better deal with this kind of problem in the future. In addition, I have made some changes to help prevent the SPAM abuse. Because of the addition of RAM to the server, the site will be taken down for a short period of time sometime this evening for the upgrade. I will continue to closely monitor the situation.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Knimrod
11-01-2006, 09:06 PM
PM me the info on advertsing or just post it here for everyone to see

http://www.migunowners.org/index.php?page=advertise

Thanks!

Roger Roney
11-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Gee, the things I miss by being out of town from 10 a.m. 'till now. :lol:

Roger