PDA

View Full Version : Best car safe money can buy!

ButchSundance
02-12-2012, 08:37 AM
This cost me $259 otd, place in cart and you will see this pricing:

http://consolevault.com/security-briefcase.html

Yep its expensive but its big enough for several guns, a ipad, phone, wallet, etc. ask nice and they will throw in two extra keys, thats worth 34 bucks right here.

Heavy gauge powder coated steel, cable withstands 4500 lbs of pull force, loop it around under seat structure and its there to stay. Weighs 17 lbs!

Can use as home safe too, just install a steel eyehook into a floor or wall to fasten cable to.

I cant post pics but i can email if interested but website has a ton of good pics.

Its always hard to detect quality from pics, but know this, this is high quality.

This company also makes console vaults for a nice variety of trucks and wallsafes. I am planning on buying their Hidden Wall safe next.

leavitron
02-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I was looking at these as well. Glad to hear from someone who has purchased one and found it to live up to expectations. :thup:

EDIT: I should have paid closer attention. I was looking at the console vault actually, for my Suburban.

XDM 40 cal
02-18-2012, 10:26 PM
:thumbup: Now that a Good Safe!...

Tom S.
02-19-2012, 08:08 AM
When I worked in Detroit, I had a safe that was bolted through the floor with large fender washers on the other side and both the nuts and washers welded into place. The thought entered my mind that it was so secure that instead of stealing my gun, they'd probably steal the whole vehicle just to see what was in the safe. Fortunately, that never happened.

TAC
02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
A cordless drill, or hammer & screwdriver could get into that in about a minute. So I would say its far from being the "Best car safe money can buy".

Veteran
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I bought a $19.99 one at Dunhams that is just as secure as that one. If someone breaks into your car and has tools, bolt cutters, drill w/holesaw, or something strong to pry with nothing will stop them. It will stop someone just going thru your glovebox or center console without tools. Don't leave an expensive gun in your vehicle.

ButchSundance
02-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Tac

It would take far longer than one minute to drill this out.

The lock is highstrength steel and highly resistant to drill attacks, would be quicker to pick it, that is why I will be replacing with Abloy cam lock. State of the art lock.

As far as hammer and screwdriver, if you could see how thick and rollformed this thing is, you would change your tune.

Remember, no safe is perfect, its purpose is to make a successful attack take far longer than the thief wants to spend in a parking lot with car alarm blaring situation.

So if you want to tuck your gun under the seat while visiting a PFZ go ahead!

ButchSundance
02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Veteran,

I have seen the 20 dollar ones from Dunhams etc.

Those safes are truly one minute specials, they are thin wall mild steel that are easy to pry or drill, they weigh less than a lb.

That is why I bought this 17 lb tank of a safe.

But hey, buy what you want.

sullyxlh
02-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Tac

It would take far longer than one minute to drill this out.

A Vaughn bar will do it under a minute..probably half a minute.....