PDA

View Full Version : New To Safe Ownership

mattr
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
This is my first post and Im looking for some help on safe selction, I did some searches and really didn't find what I was looking for.

I have been looking at two safe brands, the Liberty Lincoln and the Summit Denali. Both are similar in price and local to purchase. Not much information on the Summit but lots on the Liberty. If anyone that has some experience could push me one way or the other it might help. I have alreay doubled the original size i planned to buy. Have two houses burn within a mile of me and several breakins a safe seems to be a must for my guns and valuables.

Summit Denali
summitsafes.com/denali_ex.html
Liberty Lincoln

libertysafe.com/safe-lincoln-safes-ps-5.html
Thank you

Sorry doesn't look like I can post links.

Matt

MichiganShootist
02-14-2012, 02:30 PM
I realize it's a bit of a drive for you... but it might save you some big bucks. Every early spring Jays Sporting Goods in Clare has a safe sale. They have factory techs. on site to answer questions and do demos. They carry damn near every brand out there.

They are all competing for sales so ... it's like buying a boat at the Detroit boat show.... if you work them a bit you can get great prices... and information. I saved nearly 30% on mine and got 50% off delivery.

You could call at (989) 386-3475 and see when it's scheduled.

BTW-- I have a Liberty and have been very pleased.

Ultra
02-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I have a Ft Knox and would encourage you to look into them. Their fire protection is first class and the safe is as good as anything marketed.

mattr
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I realize it's a bit of a drive for you... but it might save you some big bucks. Every early spring Jays Sporting Goods in Clare has a safe sale. They have factory techs. on site to answer questions and do demos. They carry damn near every brand out there.

They are all competing for sales so ... it's like buying a boat at the Detroit boat show.... if you work them a bit you can get great prices... and information. I saved nearly 30% on mine and got 50% off delivery.

You could call at (989) 386-3475 and see when it's scheduled.

BTW-- I have a Liberty and have been very pleased.

I Called, its the end of March 23-25 and only two manufacturers. Dakota and Browning.

mattr
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a Ft Knox and would encourage you to look into them. Their fire protection is first class and the safe is as good as anything marketed.

I only see dealers for Ft Knox way south of me, was hoping to get something within an hour drive.

parkerinc
02-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Talk to Able Safe in Pinconning. They have pretty good deals too.

GLXD45
02-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Have you considered multiple small safes.....don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

BobSeaman
02-15-2012, 11:55 AM
go to found a deal