PDA

View Full Version : Mec-Gar 1911 9mm magazines...

joepistol
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
After purchasing the RIA 1911 9mm that I reviewed in an earlier post, the problems I experienced with feeding seemed to be magazine related. As the RIA came with only 1 Checkmate brand magazine, I began looking for another brand of magazine to try (looking for improved function, as well as more magazines for this pistol). The search for optional/additional magazines was surprising in that I found many companies sold out of 1911 9mm magazines. Some of the biggest suppliers had no or only the most expensive mags available/in stock..prompting my post about "why is everything out of stock", in the "General Firearms Discussion"forum.
My shipment arrived Wed afternoon from C.T.D. containing the 3 nickel plated Mec Gar mags..

Manufacturer: Mec-Gar MGCGOV9LN
Item: 2-MCGCGOV9LN
UPC: 765595105300
Mec-Gar 1911 Magazine 9mm 9 Round Nickel

These magazines are easier to load than my Checkmate mag, have a nicer finish (shiney-:mrgreen: ) & very reasonable price @ only $18.48 each..

Range trip on Thurs a.m. found they fed / functioned flawlessly.. for the 100 rds. a friend & I shot, though we didn't try them with hollowpoints (forgot to pack some in the shooting bag) will test them next trip..

As with every Mec-Gar magazine I have purchased, I am satisfied with the fit, function, performance & price of their product. My :twocents: Joepistol.. :pistols:

TomE
02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Good review on a good builder. Now if they would only sell Ruger aftermarket mags

duckflyer
02-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I recently purchased a Taurus 1911 in 9mm I too wanted more magazines and bought one of the Meggar's Worked flawlessly so I purchased onother. 19.00 Can't beat them. Like them better that the Factory Taurus.
Jon