PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 review

tigman250
02-24-2012, 07:41 PM
OK, I have had it for a few weeks now put roughly 500 rounds through it, I would say I am very pleased with it! I have never seriously looked at Glocks in the past because while they are reliable they were still just a "plastic" gun. After doing allot of research, viewing countless destructive testing videos, seeing people running them over with trucks, dragging them behind trucks, burying them for 2 years the list goes on and on.... I realized that although they are indeed a "plastic" gun, they are tough and deserve a serious look. After deciding on a Glock I settled on the 34 and after getting it home, shooting it, field stripping and eventually detail stripping it, I have to say I am now thoroughly impressed and would now consider myself a "Glock guy"

After doing a detail strip, and seeing how well thought out and how well designed it is, it's obvious Glock did their homework. Most pieces on/in the gun serve multiple purposes, because of this there are no "extra" parts. For instance, the striker sleeve locks the slide cover plate in place, the striker safety holds in the extractor, all my other semi auto's have an "extra" roll pin for the same purpose, the entire gun is made up of 34 parts.....thats it, 34 and because they work holding each other in, after removing just a couple pieces the rest of the gun comes apart! Some of the "parts" are an actual assembly but from what I could see they are a permanent assembly and have to be replaced as such, making it a single part. The 34 came with the factory 4.5lb trigger (standard is 5.5lb) fully adjustable sight, extended mag and slide release. The trigger is light and smooth, defiantly does not feel like a DOA trigger. Overall I have to say I love it! So far it has exceeded all my expectations of it, I look forward to shooting it for many years to come!

JimSig
02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the dark side... WHOHAAAA.!!!:coffee:

Dabears!
02-25-2012, 12:28 PM
it's obvious Glock did their homework.

uhhhhh yeah?