PDA

View Full Version : Ares Ranger Belt-Larue Tactical

SmiffAndWesson
02-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Received this belt today and it is sweet. As stiff as it gets for a gun belt. This should definitely do the job. Also hats off to Larue Tactical. They had the belt in stock, instead of waiting 4 weeks from Ares directly. Ordered Wed and received Saturday. They also threw in the box, a bottle opener, a DVD, 2 bumper stickers, and some barbeque seasoning. If you purchased these extras off their website it adds up to be about 45 dollars. What a great seller.

JDG
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Mine will be here Tuesday from Larue. Looks like a great belt, highly recommended by people that know...

HK83
02-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Nice find. I found out Larue stocked them last week also. It was out of stock the day I ordered it but it only took 2 days for them to resupply and ship mine out. Seems like a very good belt. I previously had a Wilderness belt which I had no prob with other than it was to big after some running. I like the Ares belt for the fact that you don't have to hear the velcro undo like your taking a diaper off if your in the bathroom or trying on pants.

Still trying to arrange the buckle so one side doesn't push itself away from the belt line and stick out. I'm going to try and shift it to the 2 oclock position and see how that works.

JDG
02-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Just got mine! Very nice belt, and box full of extra goodies... Offers better support then the plastic reinforced leather belt it replaced, and the best part is the infinate adjustability. Great belt for the money!

sparkman10mm
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Received this belt today and it is sweet. As stiff as it gets for a gun belt. This should definitely do the job. Also hats off to Larue Tactical. They had the belt in stock, instead of waiting 4 weeks from Ares directly. Ordered Wed and received Saturday. They also threw in the box, a bottle opener, a DVD, 2 bumper stickers, and some barbeque seasoning. If you purchased these extras off their website it adds up to be about 45 dollars. What a great seller.
Best part of dealing w/Mark....DILLO DUST!!

tororider
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I just got mine today. All the extras and not having to wait a month was great. I would do business with them again in a second.

BravoKilo
10-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Reviving an old thread, but also wanted to say two thumbs up for Mark @ LaRue and for the Ares belt.

Placed my order on Sunday evening. Got an email Monday saying it was on back-order with a 7-10 day lead time (somewhat let down, but no big deal, considering the 4-week wait if you order direct). Tuesday afternoon I got another email saying the belt had been shipped and had it show up on my doorstep today (Thursday). Box full of goodies is kick ass and to me says a lot about Mark and his company.

Onto the belt (mind you this is with <12 hours experience with the thing)... I love it! Much lighter than I expected, and others have said, the ability for infinite adjustment is awesome. Also one of the more comfortable belts I own.

Also, whoever complains that the thing takes minutes extra to put the thing on must be a few chromosomes short. All it takes is a few seconds extra to slip the buckle on, and isn't an issue at all. Leaves me wondering why in the heck it's been portrayed as such a big deal on the net.

Anyway, once again props to Mark and the makers of the Ares belt.

thocomehome
10-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Agreed, this thread originally is why i ordered my from larue, and i ordered there aimpoint mount, people love free stuff, thats why they get my biz