PDA

View Full Version : delete

ruger69
02-27-2012, 10:07 AM
all i can say is wow...

I sold my spikes tactical ar15 for this gun....was it a good move? I THINK SO!!

My spikes was nice, really nice. It was accurate, no problems ever and fit/finish was superb.

Now I sold that for this ruger sr-556, what a difference...in a good way.

This gun is a little heavier than my spikes, but nothing bad. I actually like that its a little nose heavy, keeps the muzzle down during double taps etc..

Ruger is a very well built, accurate gun....recoil is barley anything with 55 grain rounds. Fit/Finish is typical ruger...just about perfect.

Ive owned alot of ruger firearms in my day...and i have never shot or held a bad one....customer service is excellent...any problems and they will take care of you.

This package came with a nice soft case and 3 pmags...which you dont see alot of other ar15's come with from the factory that way.

Conclusion, if your on the fence about this gun, all i can say is you wont be upset with it. With the gas piston set up, its almost like having part ar15 and part ak47...

Im sure you can find a better ar15 out there....but why bother when in my opinion you have such a decent product with the ruger..

MAYBE B/C it made in the USA!!!!!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :yeahthat:

duck9191
02-27-2012, 10:46 AM
I really wanted to get one, but no one had one instock locally or seemed interested in getting me one and I'm impatient so i went a differnt route. Glad you like it, I'm still planning on getting one later as I am a fan of ruger too and really like the 556. Needless to say I'm jelous lol

ruger69
02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
I really wanted to get one, but no one had one instock locally or seemed interested in getting me one and I'm impatient so i went a differnt route. Glad you like it, I'm still planning on getting one later as I am a fan of ruger too and really like the 556. Needless to say I'm jelous lol

Yea dont give up, I think your not seeing them is b/c people just love them and dont sell them after a year or two.

there is one on the for sale forum here for 1700....little steep but it comes with some stuff that might make it worth it.

Im sure if you talk to him, he might work out a deal...

Either way, you will love it if your a ar15 fan...trigger isnt all bad either...room for improvement, but still...for a factory gun...its nice

good luck!!

mini4m3
02-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Besides it being heavier what have you seen or noticed that you liked more than your Spikes AR15?

ruger69
02-27-2012, 08:11 PM
the adjustable stock in longer...the trigger is alot better, not near as much creep

obviously the gas piston is alot cooler and cleaner for the gun

full length rails is nice to have, with troy industries flip up sights

not to mention it comes with a soft case and and 3 pmags.

Overall it just "feels nicer" ....heavier but i love it

the one thing i dont like about the gun is the stock seems to rattle, my spikes didnt have that AS MUCH this gun....this just seems to rattle more...then again i never shot a ar15 that had that stock and didnt rattle

zachjrhodes
02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Glad you like it was a good gun for me vf sport can order them in a couple days that's where I got mine

Ken1973
03-02-2012, 09:02 AM
the adjustable stock in longer...the trigger is alot better, not near as much creep

obviously the gas piston is alot cooler and cleaner for the gun

full length rails is nice to have, with troy industries flip up sights

not to mention it comes with a soft case and and 3 pmags.

Overall it just "feels nicer" ....heavier but i love it

the one thing i dont like about the gun is the stock seems to rattle, my spikes didnt have that AS MUCH this gun....this just seems to rattle more...then again i never shot a ar15 that had that stock and didnt rattle

You know all that stuff could have been easily changed on your Spikes (probably cheaper too)? Not knocking the Ruger, they "seem" like decent rifles and glad you're happy with it.