PDA

View Full Version : POF-USA P-308

arcticwarrior
03-16-2012, 10:16 AM
I recently purchased a POF-USA P-308 (16.5" barrel) from Rainer Arms. I received this rifle and was abhorred with what I saw when I opened the box. For a company that prides itself on precision rifles, their quality control leaves something to be desired. I cannot comment on how the rifle shoots as I never got that far in the process, I was literally afraid to load a bullet into this thing. Below I'll list what was wrong with the rifle and then let the pictures speak for themselves. I can say that I payed a small fortune for the rifle and expected not only a great rifle, but even greater customer service. I was sorely disappointed on both accounts. If you do your homework and really search, you too can be educated and not have to relive the nightmare that I went through.

I immediately called POF-USA and was assured that I would be taken care of, that came from the owner.

Well, today marks a month they have had the rifle, after several calls, the issue is now resolved. I was refunded in full by Rainer Arms. As of mid week (this week), the rifle was not back from being reanodized. I was treated like a second class citizen by the owner, when he did talk to me. He refused to call me back when left messages on his work & cell phones. When I did finally get a hold of him, his excuse for not calling me back was that I shouldn't expect the owner of a company to call the customer back. I will say though, Rob in Sales at POF-USA is a good person who has great customer service skills. I an being serious when I say that. He was genuine in his concern but was unable to do much as he told me more than one, "It's above my pay grade." He was very apologetic and willing to help me out where he could, however; he could not do anything about the length of time it would take to fix my rifle.

I see no excuse for taking a month + to fix a rifle that was brand new and never should have made it through the QC process in the first place. Thats just piss poor customer service no matter what way you look at it. I understand the weapons industry is busy, very busy, but I was not a potential customer, I paid for and received a rifle that was defective. One would think that a company would make it their top priority to fix the problem and get it right back to the customer or get him a new rifle with an apology. I received neither.

SO, I am not telling anyone NOT to buy a POF-USA Rifle, the design seems solid & I was sold on it. It may be a great rifle, I wouldn't know as I didn't get that far in the process. When you purchase a product you also purchase that companies customer service as well. I am simply stating that my experience with this company was so negative that I will never do business with them in the future. I understand that sometimes faulty products squeak through the QC process, not on this scale, but it happens. It's what a company does from their to rectify the problems is what matters. Again, I am not saying that this will happen to anyone else should they purchase a rifle from POF-USA, this was MY experience and I thought I'd share it. IMO, owner treated me like an idiot who must obviously not have nearly the knowledge that he does when it comes to rifles. I don't like being talked down to. He made me feel like I should be privileged to own his company's product. It was excuse after excuse.

I elected to take my refund from Rainer Arms and purchase a rifle from another weapons manufacturer who treated me exceptionally well and thus far has top notch customer service. I'll post a review of their rifle in their industry section on ARF after I shoot it.

On a side note, Rainer Arms is still in my opinion one of the best stores on the web to get your gear from. John, the owner, saw the pictures of my rifle, once verified, he understood the situation, and made everything right. I'll post pics of the new rifle when I get it next week. I'd of bought it from Rainer Arms if they carried the brand as they take care of their customers above all else. Perhaps in the future they will carry my new rifle.

1. Machining marks were plainly visible and easily felt all over the lower receiver. The grooves were so easily felt that a blindfolded person would have caught it.

2. The finish on the upper receiver was not uniform (two different shades of black) and had some white substance on it.

3. There was salt leftover from the nitrating process of the barrel that was plainly visible and felt.

4. The bolt was filthy and had some kind of sandy grit that appeared to be part of the metal.

5. The finish on the barrel was not uniform.

6. The dust-cover spring was sticking up past the ejection port where it could easily snag on something or cut you.

7. There was the anodizing missing from the left side of the ejection port, showing shiny metal.

8. The bolt face, chamber, and barrel were all filthy.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3082INTERNET.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3081INTERNETnoserial.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3083INTERNETnoserial.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3084INTERNET.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3085INTERNET.jpg

RSF
03-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I recently purchased a POF-USA P-308 (16.5" barrel) from Rainer Arms. I received this rifle and was abhorred with what I saw when I opened the box. For a company that prides itself on precision rifles, their quality control leaves something to be desired. I cannot comment on how the rifle shoots as I never got that far in the process, I was literally afraid to load a bullet into this thing. Below I'll list what was wrong with the rifle and then let the pictures speak for themselves. I can say that I payed a small fortune for the rifle and expected not only a great rifle, but even greater customer service. I was sorely disappointed on both accounts. If you do your homework and really search, you too can be educated and not have to relive the nightmare that I went through.

I immediately called POF-USA and was assured that I would be taken care of, that came from the owner.

Well, today marks a month they have had the rifle, after several calls, the issue is now resolved. I was refunded in full by Rainer Arms. As of mid week (this week), the rifle was not back from being reanodized. I was treated like a second class citizen by the owner, when he did talk to me. He refused to call me back when left messages on his work & cell phones. When I did finally get a hold of him, his excuse for not calling me back was that I shouldn't expect the owner of a company to call the customer back. I will say though, Rob in Sales at POF-USA is a good person who has great customer service skills. I an being serious when I say that. He was genuine in his concern but was unable to do much as he told me more than one, "It's above my pay grade." He was very apologetic and willing to help me out where he could, however; he could not do anything about the length of time it would take to fix my rifle.

I see no excuse for taking a month + to fix a rifle that was brand new and never should have made it through the QC process in the first place. Thats just piss poor customer service no matter what way you look at it. I understand the weapons industry is busy, very busy, but I was not a potential customer, I paid for and received a rifle that was defective. One would think that a company would make it their top priority to fix the problem and get it right back to the customer or get him a new rifle with an apology. I received neither.

SO, I am not telling anyone NOT to buy a POF-USA Rifle, the design seems solid & I was sold on it. It may be a great rifle, I wouldn't know as I didn't get that far in the process. When you purchase a product you also purchase that companies customer service as well. I am simply stating that my experience with this company was so negative that I will never do business with them in the future. I understand that sometimes faulty products squeak through the QC process, not on this scale, but it happens. It's what a company does from their to rectify the problems is what matters. Again, I am not saying that this will happen to anyone else should they purchase a rifle from POF-USA, this was MY experience and I thought I'd share it. IMO, owner treated me like an idiot who must obviously not have nearly the knowledge that he does when it comes to rifles. I don't like being talked down to. He made me feel like I should be privileged to own his company's product. It was excuse after excuse.

I elected to take my refund from Rainer Arms and purchase a rifle from another weapons manufacturer who treated me exceptionally well and thus far has top notch customer service. I'll post a review of their rifle in their industry section on ARF after I shoot it.

On a side note, Rainer Arms is still in my opinion one of the best stores on the web to get your gear from. John, the owner, saw the pictures of my rifle, once verified, he understood the situation, and made everything right. I'll post pics of the new rifle when I get it next week. I'd of bought it from Rainer Arms if they carried the brand as they take care of their customers above all else. Perhaps in the future they will carry my new rifle.

1. Machining marks were plainly visible and easily felt all over the lower receiver. The grooves were so easily felt that a blindfolded person would have caught it.

2. The finish on the upper receiver was not uniform (two different shades of black) and had some white substance on it.

3. There was salt leftover from the nitrating process of the barrel that was plainly visible and felt.

4. The bolt was filthy and had some kind of sandy grit that appeared to be part of the metal.

5. The finish on the barrel was not uniform.

6. The dust-cover spring was sticking up past the ejection port where it could easily snag on something or cut you.

7. There was the anodizing missing from the left side of the ejection port, showing shiny metal.

8. The bolt face, chamber, and barrel were all filthy.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3082INTERNET.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3081INTERNETnoserial.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3083INTERNETnoserial.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3084INTERNET.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/longarm000/POF-USA%20P308/P-3085INTERNET.jpg

I have never seen on POF-POS make through 3 days of class

they are **** guns and there are much better choices out there that are lighter and better

cyclocross4
03-16-2012, 11:28 PM
BCM has always worked for me.

cyclocross4
03-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Just saw you were talking 308 AR so BCM doesn't work. I had a DPMS lr308 but never liked it and sold it. I tried an M1A NM and the accuracy sold me. I have two M1A's now. Good luck.

romanowe
03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
SCAR 17 mags are becoming available again, i would look that direction, or LaRue's OBR. What made you go with POF in the first place?

arcticwarrior
03-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm a lefty and really liked the familiarity of the AR design. It got really good reviews from what I found. Their customer service sucks. The owner is one arrogant ***** that just wants your money. I loved it when he told me that he didn't have time to call customers back. That was priceless....... I shot a SCAR 17 and liked it, but I like the AR design better. Hell, I can get a SCAR-17 the next day for $2495.00 + tax, but after shooting one, I wanted to try an AR design. Too much plastic on the SCAR. We shall see. The design seems straight forward and sound. I have assurances from the owner of the company that my new HOGAN rifle will be perfect. Plus, they Cerakoted it in FDE for me. Here's a link to the new baby. http://www.hoganguns.com/h-308/hr308SA-18.html