PDA

View Full Version : AR15/M16 Armorers Course at Gander Mountain in Novi

Dennis_C
12-31-2006, 11:16 AM
AR15/M16 Operator's Diagnostic Course with Dean Caputo
January 27-28, 2007
Gander Mountain in Novi
$250

Dean is a Colt certified Armorer and travels the country teaching the Colt factory class. He developed this class for LE/Military units that didn't need the full factory Armorers Course. Instead of the full 3 day class, he pared it down to a 2 day format so that it can be completed on a weekend. He doesn't cover some of the minutae of every little detail of the guns (we won't spend an hour covering dissassembly on an A2 rear sight) but instead focuses on the issues and repairs that most commonly pop up with the guns. Basically, he covers in 2 days what he feels are the most important parts of an "Armorers" Course.

Pat Rogers wrote a great overview of the class in the November 2006 issue of SWAT magazine- check it out if you have a copy available.

I have 2 slots left to fill, so if you are interested please contact me ASAP.

For more information or to register for this class, please visit:

http://www.triad-tactical.com/Caputo2007.htm

Thanks,

Dennis J. Chinonis

Batman
12-31-2006, 05:46 PM
email sent!

RSF
12-31-2006, 10:09 PM
batman get in that class at all cost

toothers that are into ar's thisis a top notch course to have hands down dean is one of the best between him and sully there are non better.

Batman
01-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Dennis emailed me and said I'm in!8-)

Do you have any opinion on Ned Christiansen's 1911 class or Vicker's Carbine 1 class?

:batman:

RSF
01-02-2007, 11:22 AM
bot are great! derek, ned s class is great well thought out and very usefull

LAV carbine class is good to go for sure. LAV is a 20 yr vet of army....15yrs spent as active delta operator... good stuff for sure.

BA
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Ned's 1911 class. Took it last winter. Well worth it.

ba

Batman
01-03-2007, 12:20 AM
LAV carbine class is good to go for sure. LAV is a 20 yr vet of army....15yrs spent as active delta operator... good stuff for sure.

OK, but is his stuff just more of the same stuff as what your teaching? I've paid in full for Rodger's class and I'm sure your going to be having a few go arounds with you so I need to make sure I'm spending my $ wisely. OH, and I'm also going down to TDI for their Carbine class this year as well. Lots fo fun planned for '07!

RSF
01-03-2007, 09:44 AM
lav good stuff, some will over lap with some of mine and pats as well iam sure..

Iam not in LAV league thats for sure, but as the saying goes you will always learn something from everybody......

Batman
01-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I am not in LAV league thats for sure, but as the saying goes you will always learn something from everybody......

Oh come on now Steve we all know your out standing in your field!:smile:

Question for you Steve is....who are you training with these days?

RSF
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Rogers, LAV, super dave, and TR and others 10-8 crew and more to come.

iam just me i pass along what i can and come up with there are no secrets in this......

Batman
01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Umm, who's Super Dave and TR? Sorry, don't know em.

RSF
01-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Dave as he is know is about 6 steps more intense than i am in class,
he is about as super secret of guy to train with and to get into his classes,
very few common folk, does about 3 classes a year his current operation tempo his very High.......... thats all i say

tactical response is the other.

Batman
01-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Well, the class is over and I must say that the course was some of the best $250 that I ever spent on training! Very dynamic, informative and entertaining (Dean's video clips are priceless!). I'm now reevaluating my entire rigs and set ups (I keep telling myself that it's just money!).:fa:

RSF
01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Told yah so.............

Batman
01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Told yah so.............

Yes you did! Unfortunately it came with the price of not being at your class or Blue Water's polar 3 gun match! Ah the choices! I think I made the best one.

RSF
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
as isiad there wil lbe classes and matches all year long....... dean only comes around once in awhile