PDA

View Full Version : White Hat Holster

Ballistik
03-24-2012, 06:41 AM
These are the best holster I have seen yet and the most comfortable by far. Cant even tell its on the hip after 7 hours of wearing in with out a gun belt and the leather not even broke in. I highly recommend taking a look at them if your in the market for a IWB holster.

JohnJak
03-24-2012, 07:37 AM
http://www.whitehatholsters.com/

Doug, Your misbehave again. Now go to your room for a time out.:argue:

Leader
03-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Looks like your standard clone to me.
But I will admit, I found the CB SuperTuck to be much more comfortable then the Kolster I tried. So I guess the WH might be better then some.

Ballistik
03-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Looks like your standard clone to me.
But I will admit, I found the CB SuperTuck to be much more comfortable then the Kolster I tried. So I guess the WH might be better then some.

For sure looks just like the CB and I was thinking at the CBs also but went with WH because they just offer a different customizing. Same holster same price. How long did the leather take to get soft on the CB? I got the horse hide.

I was just trying to say that is is the best holster I have tried. Not putting down any specific brand or declaring this is the end all be all holster. It was just my opinion of a holster that is not mentioned on this site very often because they are not a paying member. Which is what a previous post from someone else was trying to do.

zenom
03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
It is a clone, just like many of the holster manufacturers. It doesn't matter if its a gun, a holster etc., if someone makes a good product, someone else will copy it.

The nice thing about the White Hat Holsters is that you can swap the Kydex on them. If you have multiple firearms, just buy another kydex for $20, or if you are handy, make your own. You can customize it to your liking as well. Just a few more options. CrossBreed you need to buy a complete new holster for each firearm. I think MTAC's you can swap the kydex out on as well, but I don't think you can customize with camo etc.

Is it the best? No idea as I have only tried a few, but so far i am satisfied with it carrying my M&P.

Ruger
03-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Had a CB, felt like a slab of bacon was on my hip. Sent it back after a week to the good people at CB for a full refund.
I wonder how many of the Copycrafters™ © will do that?

zenom
03-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Had a CB, felt like a slab of bacon was on my hip. Sent it back after a week to the good people at CB for a full refund.

White hat has a two week full return policy. It's right in their website. And a lifetime warranty.

pkuptruck
03-24-2012, 11:58 AM
....a slab of bacon was on my hip. Sent it back after a week to the good people at CB for a full refund.

WAIT A DANG MINUTE...

you sent back a slab of bacon.....:shock: how dare you..... >:(

Ruger
03-24-2012, 01:20 PM
WAIT A DANG MINUTE...

you sent back a slab of bacon.....:shock: how dare you..... >:(

Oh my brother it looked like bacon but was the hide of Mr. Ed.

pkuptruck
03-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Oh my brother it looked like bacon but was the hide of Mr. Ed.

:cheers:

TomE
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
The combat cut looks fine, otherwise a sharp knife will take care of it.:hick:

zenom
03-24-2012, 01:58 PM
jlpQzMzg8es#t=186s

NOTE: Go to 2:57 to hear the actual song. :)

mechredd
03-24-2012, 04:12 PM
They seem like rather nice holsters. I wonder how they stack up to Crossbreed and M-Tac.

Ballistik
03-24-2012, 04:46 PM
They seem like rather nice holsters. I wonder how they stack up to Crossbreed and M-Tac.

Cant tell any difference between WH and my friends CB except his is cow hide and mine is horse hide. I have not seen the M-Tac so I have no idea. Time will only tell as far as holding up.

mechredd
03-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I like how I can get a black and coyote holster to match my black and coyote M&P.

I know that looks don't matter, especially on an IWB rig, but it's still nice to have things that match.

Ruger
03-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I like how I can get a black and coyote holster to match my black and coyote M&P.

I know that looks don't matter, especially on an IWB rig, but it's still nice to have things that match.

Everybody likes a sharp dressed man! :biggrin:

Ballistik
03-24-2012, 08:04 PM

Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks!!! Its your money and its your set up and if you like and you are proud of it then thats all that matters. Good luck and it you get a WH let me know I would love to see that color combination.

Dooger
04-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Been researching them a bit. I have a Theis that I love. I opted against a CB for personal reasons, but now it sounds like the Theis is thinner than both and the WH is the thickest, so I feel I made out. Especially since I'm carrying a G26.

Ballistik
04-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Been researching them a bit. I have a Theis that I love. I opted against a CB for personal reasons, but now it sounds like the Theis is thinner than both and the WH is the thickest, so I feel I made out. Especially since I'm carrying a G26.

Thicker, Thinner? its a piece of leather with kydex there is not going to be any difference unless the quality leather is different. And then your only talking 1/10's of and inch which will not be noticeable. CB and WH are identical holsters except for the fact that WH gives you a little customization.

MSGT
04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Thicker, Thinner? its a piece of leather with kydex there is not going to be any difference unless the quality leather is different. And then your only talking 1/10's of and inch which will not be noticeable. CB and WH are identical holsters except for the fact that WH gives you a little customization.
And interchangability, thats a biggie for me with many different sizes and styles of carry guns. Hope mine arrives soon!

Marcus
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Everybody likes a sharp dressed man! :biggrin:

meh...Doesn't matter to me. :roll:

However, there IS something to be said about looking cool :coolgleam:

Ballistik
04-12-2012, 12:48 PM
meh...Doesn't matter to me. :roll:

However, there IS something to be said about looking cool :coolgleam:

There are more options than just cosmetic. Like either Cow Hide or Horse Hide, different clips, and different cuts. Also as stated before if you change your carry weapon all you have to do is but a new $20 kydex for the leather and your good to go. You dont have to buy a whole new holster.
Thats ok you guys go ahead and pick out the easiest thing to try and make fun of people because the like there stuff to look nice regardless if anyone else sees it or not.

And whats funny is when people start talking about holsters and say oh that is a clone yet the same people either have or want a 1911 which is the most over cloned item in firearms. Give it a rest people just because your taste doesnt agree with someone else doesnt mean yours is correct.

Dooger
04-12-2012, 10:53 PM

I hear you, believe me. But there's a big difference in thickness from a Kahr PM9 and a G26....and we're talking 1/10ths of an inch. JMHO buddy!

Ballistik
04-13-2012, 05:58 AM
I hear you, believe me. But there's a big difference in thickness from a Kahr PM9 and a G26....and we're talking 1/10ths of an inch. JMHO buddy!

I was not debating the difference in thickness of guns, or holsters for that matter. I was just agreeing that ya there are all clones with different options. But still all good holsters.

mechredd
04-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I ordered one. It should be here in about 4 weeks. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Ballistik
04-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I ordered one. It should be here in about 4 weeks. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

You can pay a $10 rush fee and get it in a couple of days if you need it asap. Just a FYI. Post pics when you get it.....

MSGT
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Got a WH for my Glock 23. been carrying with it for about 2 weeks, extremely comfortable and easily accessible, very nice finish also.

Ballistik
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Got a WH for my Glock 23. been carrying with it for about 2 weeks, extremely comfortable and easily accessible, very nice finish also.

mechredd
05-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Mine was shipped yesterday and should be here early next week.
I'll post pics.

mechredd
05-19-2012, 02:16 PM
It came today, and it's going back. I don't know what color this is but it's not coyote brown. Its too dark to be tan, but to light to be brown, and doesn't come close to matching my gun.

I ordered this holster specifically to match my gun, so I'm very disappointed. I'm debating weather to send the whole thing back keep using my comp-tac, or just getting black kydex. The holster itself is comfortable, but I don't need it, and not matching my gun defeats my purpose for owning it.

TomE
05-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Coyote come in all shapes, sizes, and as you found out, different colours :pirate:

mechredd
05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I carried it for a few days and decided to keep it. It's one of the most comfortable holsters that I've ever used. I contacted White Hat about my kydex and they are sending me a black one for free. I don't even have to send my brown one back to them!

My gun is brown but it has a slight greenish tint to it. I'm guessing that its color may be flat dark earth (does that sound right?), which white hat doesn't offer.