PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR1911 came in, nice but came to late.

MichSteve
03-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I ordered a Ruger SR1911 in May of 2011 and it came in last week, in fact the fired case is marked 3/6/2012, I know Ruger is behind on orders, however, during the year my ideas of 1911 have changed.

I did buy the SR1911 and it is a great looking gun, I was influenced by the LGS that there are hard to get, I will problably sell the SR1911, my question what is one worth?

jimbos
03-26-2012, 04:22 PM
I ordered a Ruger SR1911 in May of 2011 and it came in last week, in fact the fired case is marked 3/6/2012, I know Ruger is behind on orders, however, during the year my ideas of 1911 have changed.

I did buy the SR1911 and it is a great looking gun, I was influenced by the LGS that there are hard to get, I will problably sell the SR1911, my question what is one worth?

I bet you could get $700-750 for it, from someone desperate.

Wolvee
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
$500

jimbos
03-26-2012, 04:43 PM
$500

Your dreaming.....Maybe that's what it's worth to you, but with Ruger not taking any more orders? Shoot, someone will pay a premium price.

Wolvee
03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Your dreaming.....Maybe that's what it's worth to you, but with Ruger not taking any more orders? Shoot, someone will pay a premium price.

And you're despicable & dishonest for trying to gouge people.

.44Smith&Wesson
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Is there even such a thing as someone who is desperate to own a Ruger? :razz:

partdeux
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
pure free market capitalism at it's finest :)

I bid $350

MichSteve
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for your reply I was thinking about the same.

jimbos
03-26-2012, 05:10 PM

Spoken by a true cheap azz.:assasin: Quit trying to get something for nothing in every deal.

Combat Commander
03-26-2012, 05:30 PM

Ruger is not taking new orders, wholesale distributors have hundreds on order they will be coming in.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sturm-ruger-company-inc-reports-strong-first-quarter-bookings-2012-03-21

SOUTHPORT, Conn., Mar 21, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

-- The Company’s Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.

-- Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.

-- Despite the Company’s continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

-- The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

The Company will announce its results and file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2012 on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, after the close of the stock market.

Wolvee
03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Spoken by a true cheap azz.:assasin: Quit trying to get something for nothing in every deal.

Cheap? Me? You must be kidding. lol

I'll just leave it at this, it's not right to be a shark and to take advantage of people and situations. Good luck in your sale but I hope you don't try to get one over on a fellow gun enthusiast.

You might want to think about keeping it, I've heard it's a very nice 1911.

Combat Commander
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
BTW Michigan Police Equipment sell's them for $575.

jimbos
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't try to sell this gun on this site with nothing more then packs of Walmart Wolverines circling in the water waiting for a tool to give something away.:crazy:

You have go national with this one.:D

MichSteve
03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the response, I will have to decide if I am keeping it or not. I agree listing on here would be a hassle. I see where one response was a place that had new ones for $575, I will take three at that price. Try to buy one right now they are far and few between.

XDM 40 cal
03-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the response, I will have to decide if I am keeping it or not. I agree listing on here would be a hassle. I see where one response was a place that had new ones for $575, I will take three at that price. Try to buy one right now they are far and few between.

I have seen them "NOW" going for 799 to 899 due to the supply is not there.

I would think that you would get what you paid for it..+-...

IMHO you have one of the Best 1911 for a Really good price.. Its a 1500 gun built gun and then mass produce and sold For 675 to 725 when they first came out...But supply wasnt there,and the price has gone up as there are buyers that are willing to pay way over the MSRP..

Combat Commander
03-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Just give them a call and they will call when they come in. They will have 10 coming in this week or next.

JimSig
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM

I thought that you didn't like the SR1911 due to your tase change in 1911 since last year.. Why do you want to buy 3 more if you are selling yours..

TomE
03-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Cheap? Me? You must be kidding. lol

I'll just leave it at this, it's not right to be a shark and to take advantage of people and situations. Good luck in your sale but I hope you don't try to get one over on a fellow gun enthusiast.

You might want to think about keeping it, I've heard it's a very nice 1911.

I remember a hockey guy selling g18 mags for $99

Wolvee
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I remember a hockey guy selling g18 mags for $99

I think i remember the thread you are talking about but I think hockey actually sold them really cheap. Far less than real market value. That was the reason why he said to PM him. The cost in his thread was meant as a joke.

I don't understand why you quoted me with that though.

jimbos
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
I have seen them "NOW" going for 799 to 899 due to the supply is not there.

I would thing that you would get what you paid for it..+-...

IMHO you have one of the Best 1911 for a Really good price.. Its a 1500 gun built gun and then mass produce and sold For 675 to 725 when they first came out...But supply wasnt there,and the price has gone up as there are buyers that are will to pay way over the MSRP..

Exactly....this is one situation where I wouldn't blame someone for trying to get top buck. Were not talking LC9 here.

This may price the "tire kickers" out of the market.

jm0502
03-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Gander is selling them for $750 and they don't last more than a day on their shelf's.

XDM 40 cal
03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Gander is selling them for $750 and they don't last more than a day on their shelf's.

I've never see one on/in GM case at all...:pityfool:

jimbos
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM

Believe you me, after f-en up when Jay's had a load of them and hemming and hawwing at a good price, I could not find one much under MSRP. I'd have to see it to believe it the police joint in Lansing sheeting them out at $575 with an endless supply.

I ended up buying a Springfield Loaded after being on a couple of waiting lists.

jm0502
03-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Either have i, but a guy at work just got one shipped to GR from the Lansing store.

MichSteve
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I thought that you didn't like the SR1911 due to your tase change in 1911 since last year.. Why do you want to buy 3 more if you are selling yours..

I am making a point there is no one that has one that is selling it for $575. Did you see the reply they don't have any put your name on a list.

jimbos
03-27-2012, 04:04 PM
I am making a point there is no one that has one that is selling it for $575. Did you see the reply they don't have any put your name on a list.

I was wondering about that. How this place in Lansing Michigan just happens to be sheeting out an unlimited supply of SR1911's at $575, when no place in the country is getting very many, or none at all in some cases.

I've seen this posted at least a half a dozen times on this site, it's nothing more then a waiting list?.....lol

joepistol
03-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Sell your Ruger for whatever price you want..it's your pistol. If you price it too high, no one will buy it. Sorta wish I'd ordered one when they announced production, but then again, don't really NEED one.. I'd shoot it to see if you like it, you may decide it's a keeper. If after trying it out, you decide to put it up for sale,you can sell it for whatever price you want..(let the cheapskates whine :gaga: ) Since everyone on the internet knows where to find them for less $$$, let them get their pistol there. Experience has shown the easiest way to find a gun for less, is to still look for it after you buy one..:smile: Joepistol..:pistols:

poorman
03-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I was wondering about that. How this place in Lansing Michigan just happens to be sheeting out an unlimited supply of SR1911's at $575, when no place in the country is getting very many, or none at all in some cases.

I've seen this posted at least a half a dozen times on this site, it's nothing more then a waiting list?.....lol

I call down today and talked to them, I asked about the 1911 I have my name on and they told me they believe they will be in any day and they will call me the same day it comes in, and the price was $575

Combat Commander
03-27-2012, 08:33 PM
I call down today and talked to them, I asked about the 1911 I have my name on and they told me they believe they will be in any day and they will call me the same day it comes in, and the price was $575

What are you going to sell it for?

JohnJak
03-28-2012, 08:42 AM
I would hold on to it and keep it in the safe. Hopefully one day it will be worth what you paid for it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MichSteve
03-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Sell your Ruger for whatever price you want..it's your pistol. If you price it too high, no one will buy it. Sorta wish I'd ordered one when they announced production, but then again, don't really NEED one.. I'd shoot it to see if you like it, you may decide it's a keeper. If after trying it out, you decide to put it up for sale,you can sell it for whatever price you want..(let the cheapskates whine :gaga: ) Since everyone on the internet knows where to find them for less $$$, let them get their pistol there. Experience has shown the easiest way to find a gun for less, is to still look for it after you buy one..:smile: Joepistol..:pistols:

Thanks Joepistol, you think like me, if no one wants to pay what I ask they can keep looking for one at a price they want to pay, I think they call that "Supply and Demand".

lwout65
03-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Seen a used one in the M.P. for 750.00 your's has to be worth 900.00

joepistol
03-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Just finished looking at a Ruger 2012 catalog online and was waiting for the pages to load, to find the info I was curious about. One of the first pages loaded were some nice pics of the Ruger SR1911...with a noticed MSRP of $799.00

Guess Ruger decided to bump up the price to reflect the demand ?..or maybe this was the MSRP all along..?

poorman
03-30-2012, 10:44 AM
What are you going to sell it for?

I am not, I will keep it. My days of buying a gun then reselling it are over. I have several regrets on guns I have bought and sold, I will never be able to replace them.

TAC
03-30-2012, 11:01 AM
I guess Capitalism is no longer a good thing? :shrugs:

rambro
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
dont you sell guns for a living?

Copperhead1861
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
No "endless supply" but we are getting orders filled w/i about two weeks.

Mike
MPEC

MountainDreamer
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Guy had one the other day showing a friend at the gun shop and while I didn't get to hold/look at it, it looked very nice for the monies. He mentioned it shot spot on at 30'.

I think I'll wait to see if they come out with a commander size.

RES71
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I have had mine around a year now I suppose, got it at Gander. It's my first/only 1911 and I really dig it. Unless you have done something to the gun, I would imagine you can get MSRP for it pretty easy. It sells itself with its fine looks.