PDA

View Full Version : CPL class in Lansing area

Done Deal
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I am trying to persuade my daughter to get a CPL before she graduates from MSU and heads off to another state to grad school.

Does anybody know of any classes in the Lansing area in the near future?

fbuckner
01-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Check with Capitol City Rifle Club they have a fine instructor in their ranks. If she can wait till May I will be again hosting classes at my farm.

Done Deal
01-08-2007, 06:10 PM
May might be a better time anyway...she would be graduated.

She has a full load right now and this is her final term. I dunno that she could create more time if she wanted to.

Now, I just gotta go to work to convince her to at least take the class.

KayL
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Total Firearms in Holt gives them regularly right at their store. Chief Okemos Sportsmen's Club in Dimondale gives classes. I think even Lansing Community College has classes. The Ammo Dump in Williamston had the best class, but I haven't asked in awhile if they are still teaching.

Fiddler
01-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I would be very happy to instruct your daughter, and can offer her a woman's perspective on handgun selection, shooting technique and concealed carry. Some women find it helpful to get another woman's perspective. If that's something your daughter would be interested in, I'd be happy to help. I offer private classes and women's classes as well as regular CPL courses as K&M Tactical Response Academy. We offer classes monthly, and as Rick mentioned, we will be offering courses on his farm beginning in the Spring.

Roger Roney
01-09-2007, 04:08 AM
...And Howelll isn't that far from Lansing. Plus, what Karen said.

I haven't had the experience of her and Marty's training, but everyone I've talked to holds them in the highest regard.

Roger

Done Deal
01-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks everybody...right now I am working on my daughter to understand the benefit of the classes and being able to provide herself with an increased level of personal security.

Right now...she thinks she has the world totally under control. And, on the news, it showed of a homicide in Mt Pleasant where a guy rammed his ex rolled her vehicle and then double tapped her with a shotgun.

Speak of the devil...she just called from E. Lansing and I got to tell her about it...dunno if it sank in or not.

I will keep my fingers crossed that she sees clear to at least take a class.

She has been around firearms all her life but, the only two times she has ever fired a gun, it was my 7mm mag and she got her deer both times.

We shall see....